• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: [OLD] Bulbagarden Forum Rules (Last Updated April 13th, 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
11. Acts of posting insults (10 points, 6 months)
Flaming is never acceptable on any forum.
Hey TheICTLiker4,

We actually have that covered under the rules already.

6. Don't insult or attack other users (Flaming) [5 points, 3 months]
  • Don't use language that demeans others, including groups of people ("genwunners," "that's gay/retarded/autistic," “bitch/bastard”).
  • Don’t use language that trivialises violence or death ("I raped his team", "he should be shot").
  • Don’t use language that makes people uncomfortable for feeling offended or disagreeing with a viewpoint (“special snowflake”, “triggered”). Respect other people's identity (and make an effort to use their preferred pronouns), when known.

I think bad words such as the g, b, s and f words should be censored
We prefer not to censor folks language here because there are plenty of cases even the most taboo words can be used in harmless ways. For example, if somebody is talking about their own experiences of being called a "fag" or something similar, we wouldn't want to censor that. But if someone turned around and called somebody that then they would be breaking our flaming rule.

We do pride ourselves in being a forum for all ages to enjoy, but we don't believe the presence of the words themselves are inherently harmful, just how they are used. If somebody uses a word you are uncomfortable with, you are free to report it, but we aware we might not act on it depending on the context.

What's the policy of bumping a thread? A good number of forums are fine with it as long as you have more to say that a mere sentence or singular word, while I have found some on occasion that are against it altogether?
I'm sorry I know you've posted this a year ago but what did you mean by "bump" ?
Sorry I'm not a native speaker

New rule edit;

3. Don't make disruptive posts (Disruptive Post) [3 points, 1 month]
  • Don't make irrelevant or repetitive posts
    • All posts should be related to either the original topic of the thread, or a response to another post in the thread.
    • Don't repeatedly post the same (or slightly rephrased) opinion or argument in the same thread.
    • Don't repeatedly post content to get a thread higher in the view list.
    • Don't continue discussing a subject after a moderator asks for it to be dropped.
    • Don't act as if you're a moderator by telling users to follow the rules (aka "minimodding"). If you think a post or thread is rule-breaking, report it instead.

Essentially, we don't want people to 'bump' a thread repeatedly to get a response. This includes posting, then deleting and re-posting the same post. Bumping an old thread is still fine, this is more about people being repetitive.

i mod a discord roleplay that still needs a few more characters. would i be allowed to post that anywhere, and where would i post that? it's a 13+ rp. sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, i couldn't really figure it out

i mod a discord roleplay that still needs a few more characters. would i be allowed to post that anywhere, and where would i post that? it's a 13+ rp. sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, i couldn't really figure it out
You are welcome to advertise things like that in your signature or in the BulbaBlogs section.

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if there are any rules in regards to what we can have as our profile pictures; I want to use an image of SpongeBob and Patrick as my PFP.

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if there are any rules in regards to what we can have as our profile pictures; I want to use an image of SpongeBob and Patrick as my PFP.
As long as it doesn't count as inappropriate content, it should be fine.

9. Don't post oversexualized, offensive or similarly shocking content (Inappropriate Content) [10 points, 4 months]
  • Don't post pictures that focus on or draw attention to breasts, buttocks and/or crotches (even clothed).
  • Don't post pictures that focus on or draw attention to fetish or erotic imagery, this includes non-naked images. The includes images featuring partial or full nudity or images depicting sexual acts or situations.
  • Don't post imagery associated with hate movements, ideologies or groups (Confederate States, Alt-Right, etc.).
  • Don’t post shocking content, such as gore, brutal violence, heavy amounts of blood, etc.
  • Don't link to websites that notoriously contain inappropriate content (e.g. 4Chan). Appropriate screenshots from these sites may be used instead.
  • Historical or non-sexualised art such as Michelangelo's David or Nirvana's Nevermind album cover are allowed.

Remember to credit the source if it's not your art (And the source isn't official, such as a TV show)

As long as it doesn't count as inappropriate content, it should be fine.

Remember to credit the source if it's not your art (And the source isn't official, such as a TV show)
Thanks for the help. Just one more question: how do I create a signature? I want to credit the individual who made the image I'm using as my PFP.

Small rule update.

3. Don't make disruptive posts (Disruptive Post) [3 points, 1 month]
  • Don't make irrelevant or repetitive posts
    • All posts should be related to either the original topic of the thread, or a response to another post in the thread.
    • Don't repeatedly post the same (or slightly rephrased) opinion or argument in the same thread.
    • Don't repeatedly post content to get a thread higher in the view list.
    • Don't continue discussing a subject after a moderator asks for it to be dropped.
    • Don't act as if you're a moderator by telling users to follow the rules (aka "minimodding"). If you think a post or thread is rule-breaking, report it instead.
    • Don't mention users without good reason.

Essentially, a mention should only be used to bring attention to a pressing matter, and not to increase chances of a new reply, increase 'like' count or otherwise receive undue attention from the mentioned user. A user should not be left wondering why they were mentioned.

So the rules about posting an episode discussion thread for older episodes of the anime is that the starting post needs to contain a review of said episode.

Are we talking a full on review or at least a post made with the intent to have a discussion (i.e. not posting merely to say "discuss", "good/episode")?

Case in point I've been rewatching old episodes and reviews of said episodes and wanted to start a thread for The Legend of Dratini.

Basically I wanted to give my two cent on it's controversial status, and also in addition bringing up a question about a game mechanic that episode explained.

So the rules about posting an episode discussion thread for older episodes of the anime is that the starting post needs to contain a review of said episode.

Are we talking a full on review or at least a post made with the intent to have a discussion (i.e. not posting merely to say "discuss", "good/episode")?

Case in point I've been rewatching old episodes and reviews of said episodes and wanted to start a thread for The Legend of Dratini.

Basically I wanted to give my two cent on it's controversial status, and also in addition bringing up a question about a game mechanic that episode explained.
What you're describing isn't exactly a review so it can be posted in the main Anime section and ignore the review guidelines.

Hey everyone, just letting y'all know that the rules regarding signature sizes have been changed slightly.
The combined size of all images and text should not exceed 160 pixels in height, and 500 kB in size. Spoiler tags, scrollbars, etc. are not allowed.
Basically the only change is that there's no longer a maximum width.

Reactions: dig
important: there's been a slight change to the warning duration of our rules to better match their severity.

please be sure to read over the rules once more to have an idea of the warning duration, and if you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread as usual. :>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom