Sayaka miki, Magical girl of justice
- Feb 2, 2018
- Reaction score
Wait is the profile picture I have still ok?
I'd like to ask for clarification on this, if I may.- Liking a rule-breaking post may be treated as breaking that same rule.
Thank you for your time.6. Don't steal other people's fanworks, or fail to credit them (Plagiarism) [5 points, 2 months]
If an image contains no explicit sexual or graphic imagery then it's fine. Though if an image is popularly associated with rulebreaking content then we may still ask you to change it. it's entirely context dependent.Some questions I have:
1. Although I don't personally plan on doing this, I was wondering if lewd pictures that are cropped and only show the face (with no sexual details on or around the face) fall under the "obscene/pornographic" content rules. I was also wondering: if this is allowed with certain limits, what are the limits? IE "no lewd-looking faces but if the face doesn't look lewd then..." I just would like this to be cleared up, since a cropped face is not directly sexual within itself.
2. Is "genwunner" a term that's not okay to use at all, or just in an insulting manner? And would "A group of Genwunners kept saying Pikachu was best Pokemon but personally I prefer newer ones like Sylveon" fall under "an insulting manner?"
3. Although I didn't intentionally make my tagline to be insulting to autistic people or self-depreciating, could it technically fall under the standards of "insulting a group of people"? I didn't try to make it insulting, I just felt like mentioning this so that people know what's up if I act sorta strange. But I won't voluntarily break any site rules.
A phrase used to generalize and demean people who prefer the original games over newer ones. It doesn't really have any meaning outside of the Pokémon fandom, but its been the source of some pretty nasty flame wars in the Pokémon community, including on our forums.Can I ask what a genwunner is?
Not a VG mod, but I think that should be fine, just don't link to the emulator or anything.I plan on doing a challenge using an emulator at some point. Is it ok if I post about my adventure?
The button's not on the normal info change screen. What you've gotta do is hover over your name on the top right of the screen to bring up a drop down menu, and the "Change username" option should be there.Ok, so, I haven't been to Bulbagarden in years, so I'm out of the loop here. I went to my profile to update my info, and I saw that I couldn't change my username. Was that option disabled? Because I would really appreciate it if I could get mine changed. I use the name Katie Holt on most places online these days and it'd be great if that can happen here as well.
No the option still exists, however you'll need to have been here 6 months and have 150 posts to change it. It looks like you just need a few more posts to reach that, so just post around a little more and you should reach it easily.Ok, so, I haven't been to Bulbagarden in years, so I'm out of the loop here. I went to my profile to update my info, and I saw that I couldn't change my username. Was that option disabled? Because I would really appreciate it if I could get mine changed. I use the name Katie Holt on most places online these days and it'd be great if that can happen here as well.
Is posting pictures with non-Latin characters allowed?We have made a slight change to our Unreadable Post rule. it now stands as follows:
4. Don't use unreadable text (Unreadable Text) [3 points, 1 month]
- Post in English (except Japanese news or with moderator permission), do not use online translation.
- Use reasonable formatting: avoid paragraph-less long texts and all-caps posts, and use appropriate fonts.
- Don't use non-latin characters in usernames, signature text or profile fields.
We have chosen to do this so as to encourage people not to use usernames that are in effect unsearchable and unmentionable, by virtue of most users needing to copy and paste a username that may difficult to type, such as usernames in Sanskrit, or Kanji to name a few. Users with usernames that contain such non-latin characters will not be asked to change their username if they've had it previous to this announcement.
From this point on, everyone must only use Latin characters in their username so as to not limit other users searching or mentioning of you.
Characters we allow:
accented letters, such as é
punctuation such as !
Basically, if the character is on a QWERTY keyboard, it's fine.
It would be context dependent. I think it's safe to assume as a rule of thumb if the text is the focus of the image or the image can't be interpreted without the unreadable text then it would be against the rule. If the text is just present in an image that is still otherwise understandable then it should be fine.Is posting pictures with non-Latin characters allowed?
I'm thinking of making a language quiz game, I will be posting in Latin characters of course, but this game is based around guessing the language of a text in an image and of course there will be some non-Latin characters. Is it okay for me to proceed with this plan?It would be context dependent. I think it's safe to assume as a rule of thumb if the text is the focus of the image or the image can't be interpreted without the unreadable text then it would be against the rule. If the text is just present in an image that is still otherwise understandable then it should be fine.