• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Bulbagarden Forum Rules (Last Updated November 17th 2019)

ボイタさん
Reaction score
11. Acts of posting insults (10 points, 6 months)
Flaming is never acceptable on any forum.

Vee Vee Eeeeveee!
Reaction score
11. Acts of posting insults (10 points, 6 months)
Flaming is never acceptable on any forum.
Hey TheICTLiker4,

We actually have that covered under the rules already.

6. Don't insult or attack other users (Flaming) [5 points, 3 months]
  • Don't use language that demeans others, including groups of people ("genwunners," "that's gay/retarded/autistic," “bitch/bastard”).
  • Don’t use language that trivialises violence or death ("I raped his team", "he should be shot").
  • Don’t use language that makes people uncomfortable for feeling offended or disagreeing with a viewpoint (“special snowflake”, “triggered”). Respect other people's identity (and make an effort to use their preferred pronouns), when known.

Reaction score
I think bad words such as the g, b, s and f words should be censored

N-Zap von Riegan
Reaction score
I think bad words such as the g, b, s and f words should be censored
We prefer not to censor folks language here because there are plenty of cases even the most taboo words can be used in harmless ways. For example, if somebody is talking about their own experiences of being called a "fag" or something similar, we wouldn't want to censor that. But if someone turned around and called somebody that then they would be breaking our flaming rule.

We do pride ourselves in being a forum for all ages to enjoy, but we don't believe the presence of the words themselves are inherently harmful, just how they are used. If somebody uses a word you are uncomfortable with, you are free to report it, but we aware we might not act on it depending on the context.

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
there are also cases where words get censored even when you're talking about something else.

also, if you were to censor the word "spoon", people can always just say "s.poon", "sp00n", "spooon" etc :b

Reaction score
What's the policy of bumping a thread? A good number of forums are fine with it as long as you have more to say that a mere sentence or singular word, while I have found some on occasion that are against it altogether?
I'm sorry I know you've posted this a year ago but what did you mean by "bump" ?
Sorry I'm not a native speaker

Vee Vee Eeeeveee!
Reaction score
I'm sorry I know you've posted this a year ago but what did you mean by "bump" ?
Sorry I'm not a native speaker
Bumping means to create a post to raise the thread's position in the forum list to the top.

dig

/
Reaction score
New rule edit;

3. Don't make disruptive posts (Disruptive Post) [3 points, 1 month]
  • Don't make irrelevant or repetitive posts
    • All posts should be related to either the original topic of the thread, or a response to another post in the thread.
    • Don't repeatedly post the same (or slightly rephrased) opinion or argument in the same thread.
    • Don't repeatedly post content to get a thread higher in the view list.
    • Don't continue discussing a subject after a moderator asks for it to be dropped.
    • Don't act as if you're a moderator by telling users to follow the rules (aka "minimodding"). If you think a post or thread is rule-breaking, report it instead.
Essentially, we don't want people to 'bump' a thread repeatedly to get a response. This includes posting, then deleting and re-posting the same post. Bumping an old thread is still fine, this is more about people being repetitive.