• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2011 - So you want to be a moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cohen the Great
Reaction score
Well, I submitted twice, once before I turned 18, and one after. So that is why the age is different for each.

Reply back to confirm submission was sent (I never trust forms)

busy
Reaction score
Well, I submitted twice, once before I turned 18, and one after. So that is why the age is different for each.

Reply back to confirm submission was sent (I never trust forms)
Um, if this is what you wanted...your second form was received.

Cohen the Great
Reaction score
Um, if this is what you wanted...your second form was received.
As was the first I assume. Thanks for replying, and might I say this notifications for quoted message is really nice.

Fig

Reaction score
Repeating what I said in a separate announcement :

Due to the high popularity of our recent moderator application form, we'll stop taking applications for the current moderator drive at midnight Tuesday, Eastern standard time (GMT -5). (That's the midnight between Tuesday and Wednesday, not the one between Monday and Tuesday)

(This should mean around or a little past noon Wednesday if you're in Japan, Korea or Australia; early morning Wednesday in Europe and the Middle East, evening Tuesday in the western United States and Canada, etc).

We will decide who to appoint and send the invites over the course of the following few days, and formally announce our new crop of provisional moderators afterward.

(we're already getting swamped in applications - well over 200 at last count, and still going up)

oh wow, sports
Reaction score
I asked this a few pages ago, but I don't think anyone saw...was my application received? *kinda paranoid*

Fig

Reaction score
Your application for the Shipper's Paradise has been received.

Flygon Power House
Reaction score
Hrrm I would like to apply but lol this is my first post so I don't think I would be suitable lol I love pokemon forums and this seems good i'm staying here :D

Fig

Reaction score
We have no set ratio or anything.

._.
Reaction score
Oh, I'm getting antsy waiting so I'll try and do at least one more application. Probably this Thursday, unless it ends before then :x

Good luck to everyone applying! And, no, I'm not gonna ask whether mine was submitted... dammit. :p

Reaction score
Im just curious :D
how are you going to choose the new mods?
Out of a hat

I think there are things you look for whenever you have to choose a teammate--contributions, attitude, activity, etc... And this is no exception to that, I don't believe =)

Reaction score
Out of a hat

I think there are things you look for whenever you have to choose a teammate--contributions, attitude, activity, etc... And this is no exception to that, I don't believe =)
Aww man... I have even less confidence now. I haven't really contributed at all...

Born at a Yung Age
Reaction score
Do the moderators of the section simply review the applications to their section or do all moderators get a vote on all forms?

Reaction score
Oh, I'm getting antsy waiting so I'll try and do at least one more application. Probably this Thursday, unless it ends before then :x

Good luck to everyone applying! And, no, I'm not gonna ask whether mine was submitted... dammit. :p
Believe it ends early Wednesday for you.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
Do the moderators of the section simply review the applications to their section or do all moderators get a vote on all forms?
We all are allowed to give our views.

There's actually a guide in my blog that I wrote that should explain what it is we're looking for in a moderator.

The Devil of Paradise
Former BMGf Head Administrator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any. Not picky
We all are allowed to give our views.

There's actually a guide in my blog that I wrote that should explain what it is we're looking for in a moderator.
So does that mean you mods can say : "I like such and such, they should be a mod?" and say why. I might have to go read that again. The process is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.