• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2011 - So you want to be a moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
We're all going to have to work together, so we all give our opinions on people based on what we know of them. So any single applicant could be evaluated by the entire staff.

Former Slythe
Reaction score
We're all going to have to work together, so we all give our opinions on people based on what we know of them. So any single applicant could be evaluated by the entire staff.
Aw crap. I know a good few mods who don't like me.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
So the entries will be gathered this Tuesday's midnight? As in a bit over 24 hours from now?

Former Slythe
Reaction score
Is there a set number/limit for how many new mods there will be altogether/for each forum?

Reaction score
No. There's no set number. We may take none, we may take three. It all depends on who applies and how many people we think we need.

Born at a Yung Age
Reaction score
When will the applicants be informed whether they made it or not?

Cohen the Great
Reaction score
When will the applicants be informed whether they made it or not?
Well, I assume it will be a slow process of upgrading people to privileged accounts, which can take time. Then the users need to get used to the controls. Then it will be announced to the regular members

Born at a Yung Age
Reaction score
All right.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm curious.

Reaction score
Well, I assume it will be a slow process of upgrading people to privileged accounts, which can take time. Then the users need to get used to the controls. Then it will be announced to the regular members
Not exactly. Upgrading people won't take long, less than an hour depending on how many we promote. And the whole provisional moderator time period is for people to learn the ropes. For me, I was told May 18th, 2010. May 19th, 2010 was when it went public.

Cohen the Great
Reaction score
Not exactly. Upgrading people won't take long, less than an hour depending on how many we promote. And the whole provisional moderator time period is for people to learn the ropes. For me, I was told May 18th, 2010. May 19th, 2010 was when it went public.
Ah, I forgot to wish you happy year modding.

In all seriousness though, this is a great opportunity, and I am glad bulbagarden is offering it.

Born at a Yung Age
Reaction score
Yeah I hope I make the Media one.

Anyways Cohen what did you apply for?

Is Not A Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully I have Bulbabattle on lock. Then again I do have JT to compete with

Cohen the Great
Reaction score
Anyways Cohen what did you apply for?
I applied for the Artist Alcove. Many might not know this, but I am actually Adobe Photoshop certified, being able to help people with the program if they need it.

With over 200 though, I don't have the highest of hopes.

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
I applied for the Artist Alcove. Many might not know this, but I am actually Adobe Photoshop certified, being able to help people with the program if they need it.
Generally speaking... it doesn't matter how capable or certified one is, so much is matters what one actually does. If your a member who's helped others long before becoming a mod, you're far more likely to be promoted than someone who's even more capable of helping out, but never has before and only plans on helping others once they become a mod. If you claim you can help others, but you've rarely or never done before, then that tells us a lot about your dedication to the forum.

This isn't directed to any one member, but it's a general rule of thumb for moderators and something we keep an eye for in applications.

Requiem Raver
Reaction score
I never got a reply regarding my application for the Writer's Workshop a few days back. Something happened and I had to refresh the page. Was my application received intact?

Flame's the name.
Reaction score
I believe my 2 applications were received. My browser hung up so I'm not sure on the second one.

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
I never got a reply regarding my application for the Writer's Workshop a few days back. Something happened and I had to refresh the page. Was my application received intact?
Yep, we've received it.

I believe my 2 applications were received. My browser hung up so I'm not sure on the second one.
We've received both. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.