• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2011 - So you want to be a moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all going to have to work together, so we all give our opinions on people based on what we know of them. So any single applicant could be evaluated by the entire staff.

We're all going to have to work together, so we all give our opinions on people based on what we know of them. So any single applicant could be evaluated by the entire staff.

Aw crap. I know a good few mods who don't like me.

So the entries will be gathered this Tuesday's midnight? As in a bit over 24 hours from now?

Is there a set number/limit for how many new mods there will be altogether/for each forum?

No. There's no set number. We may take none, we may take three. It all depends on who applies and how many people we think we need.

When will the applicants be informed whether they made it or not?

When will the applicants be informed whether they made it or not?

Well, I assume it will be a slow process of upgrading people to privileged accounts, which can take time. Then the users need to get used to the controls. Then it will be announced to the regular members

All right.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm curious.

Well, I assume it will be a slow process of upgrading people to privileged accounts, which can take time. Then the users need to get used to the controls. Then it will be announced to the regular members

Not exactly. Upgrading people won't take long, less than an hour depending on how many we promote. And the whole provisional moderator time period is for people to learn the ropes. For me, I was told May 18th, 2010. May 19th, 2010 was when it went public.

Not exactly. Upgrading people won't take long, less than an hour depending on how many we promote. And the whole provisional moderator time period is for people to learn the ropes. For me, I was told May 18th, 2010. May 19th, 2010 was when it went public.

Ah, I forgot to wish you happy year modding.

In all seriousness though, this is a great opportunity, and I am glad bulbagarden is offering it.

Yeah I hope I make the Media one.

Anyways Cohen what did you apply for?

Hopefully I have Bulbabattle on lock. Then again I do have JT to compete with

Anyways Cohen what did you apply for?

I applied for the Artist Alcove. Many might not know this, but I am actually Adobe Photoshop certified, being able to help people with the program if they need it.

With over 200 though, I don't have the highest of hopes.

I applied for the Artist Alcove. Many might not know this, but I am actually Adobe Photoshop certified, being able to help people with the program if they need it.

Generally speaking... it doesn't matter how capable or certified one is, so much is matters what one actually does. If your a member who's helped others long before becoming a mod, you're far more likely to be promoted than someone who's even more capable of helping out, but never has before and only plans on helping others once they become a mod. If you claim you can help others, but you've rarely or never done before, then that tells us a lot about your dedication to the forum.

This isn't directed to any one member, but it's a general rule of thumb for moderators and something we keep an eye for in applications.

I never got a reply regarding my application for the Writer's Workshop a few days back. Something happened and I had to refresh the page. Was my application received intact?

I believe my 2 applications were received. My browser hung up so I'm not sure on the second one.

I never got a reply regarding my application for the Writer's Workshop a few days back. Something happened and I had to refresh the page. Was my application received intact?

Yep, we've received it.

I believe my 2 applications were received. My browser hung up so I'm not sure on the second one.

We've received both. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom