• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2012 - Come join the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... won't try this year. Examination domination on my hands. Good luck to all that apply.

How do you resubmit information? I wish to add some stuff to my “resumé” :3.

If you PM a (super)mod or admin with the content you wish to add, we'll let the others know about it.

Well poo, should I do that now instead of posting the links? (Giving links in app, suggested by The Man With No Name.)
I feel like a noob asking so many questions but I like to make sure I'm doing things right, can't stand going by best guess. -__-

I thought about it for a really long time, and decided to just go for it.

Good luck to all those who have applied! ^_^

Well poo, should I do that now instead of posting the links? (Giving links in app, suggested by The Man With No Name.)
I feel like a noob asking so many questions but I like to make sure I'm doing things right, can't stand going by best guess. -__-

I'm not too sure what you're trying to say here but:

- If you can, always add everything you want to say (links included) when you send your application in.
- If you want to add something after sending your application in, then PM a member of staff who can inform other staff of the addition.

Hope that helps.

How many people are you guys accepting for mods this year?

I'll never get in, I guess I'll try next year.

This applies to everybody really. You have nothing to lose by trying, and even if you don't get in, an application is always a good way to share ideas about the section(s) you're applying to and it might not land you the job, but it might make moderators and staff in general more aware of you and how you can contribute to the section, even if you're not staff. :)

Good luck to those who are applying! I just joined, so I'm not going for it. xD Plus, I have no clue what HTML and all that other computer stuff are. XP

Yeah, knowledge of HTML coding is only needed if you wish to work on things like forum skins and the like. I have some knowledge on it myself, but I already make skins for my forum, and that's quite enough for me. xP

For most mod possitions you don't need any knowledge of coding. Basic BBC would probably help? But that's easy, buttons do that.
As far as I've seen on forums it's simply navigating the Control Panels that you most importantly need to know. Otherwise if you have commitment, some time, and common knowledge of forums, nothing should stop you from applying if you believe you can do it and really want to.

Only position that would probably require you to have some kind of knowledge of coding is being a Tech Monkey.

And even then, those are special as needed positions that usually go to current staff anyway. Tech Monkey isn't generally something that can be applied for.

I know I'm a bit late to this (very), but I just wanted to say good luck to all of the applicants who apply. I wish you load of luck of being able to join the Bulba-Team.

Could someone please produce a transcript of the video? I don't have sound on this computer.

I don't know if Ryuu's given anything to you yet, but I've transcribed the audio from the video 'cause I have nothing better to do.

Ryuu said:
What's up Bulbagarden? This is Ryuu and welcome, welcome to the special Bulbagarden announcement. It has been way too long, heh, way too long. Anyway, so, I'm here to tell you guys about a little something that I'm gonna call the "Bulbagarden 2012 Staff Drive".
Yep, that's right: For the next two weeks the Bulbagarden staff has its doors open for applications from all members. Every single section of the forums is open for applications. Um, RPG, Pokémon Video Games, World, uh, if it's a section you can see on Bulbagarden that you're interested in, then by all means, please apply.
Now, the forum that I want to strength--that I want to highlight very strongly here is the Bulbagarden Buy and Sell forum. That's gonna be replaced with the classified section that came with vBulletin version 4. That's gonna be happening...some time soon. And nobody's been assigned to it yet; there's no moderators for it yet, so if there's anybody out there who's interested, then by all means, please apply. Now, to do that, you're gonna need to go to the link in the description down here and fill out the form--honestly--and once you've done so--honestly--just send it off to us and we'll review it. Now once the staff's gotten it, we promise we'll be as fair and unbiased with our reviews as we possibly can be. Won't matter if you are a boy, if you're a girl, doesn't matter at all.
Now, the big question that I do get every time we do a staff drive is, "What if I have a bad history with Bulbagarden?" Well, if you have a few infractions or so with Bulbagarden, yeah, chances are we're probably gonna look at that. But, just 'cause you've got a few infractions doesn't mean we're not gonna choose you.
[Notice saying "Ryuu's been banned twice :p"]
Ha, ha.
Anyways, once we've gotten your application and we reviewed all of them, we will...we will pick amongst us who we think make the best staff members and we'll choose them and we'll tell them. After that, we're gonna make a big general announcement to every member of the forum and tell them who the new staff members are. And that's really it, that's the whole process.
So if anybody's got any questions, comments, concerns, uh, one thing I do want to add is that there is no determined date for when we're gonna actually have the reviews of all the applications done and the chosen staff members, uh, chosen. Uh, we will get that down as soon as we possibly can, but, we're picking out new staff, it's gonna take some time. Any questions, comments or concerns besides that, please, uh, ask either here on YouTube, ask in the, uh, discussion thread on Bulbagarden itself, or just PM message the moderator that you are anxious to work under, and we'll be happy to assist you. And I think that's pretty much everything, Bulbagarden, so good luck trainers and, uh, happy applying!
[sub]No applause, no applause. Just throw money.[/sub]​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom