• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event Bulbagarden Halloween Exquisite Corpse!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I would like to make a new announcement! I will be hosting the Bulbagarden Exquisite Corpse!

In an exquisite corpse, authors get together to write a single story, piece by piece. The twist is that the next author to add to the story will only know a few basic details and the last couple of sentences that the previous author had written.

For the month of October and perhaps into November, depending on the number of participants, we will be having a Halloween exquisite corpse! Each author will get the name and species of the main characters... but that's roughly all they'll know! They will have a few days to write 100 or more words before moving to the next person,

At any time before the story is completed, writers can sign up and give a set of dates starting from now and potentially into November to say when they would be available to write or, if their schedules are generally free, if there are any dates when they won't be available.

I will then schedule everyone, approach each individual when it's their turn, and give them their prompting sentences!

Feel free to sign up here or ask any further questions in this thread, message me privately, or DM me on discord (I have the same screen name on Bulbagarden's discord with the same pfp.) Within a few days when I have enough signups, I will start giving out everyone's prompts when their turn arrives!

To sign up, all I need is what dates you don't want me to assign you your turn, how many days you think you'll need to get your part done (preferably between 1-3 days), and whether you'd be willing, potentially, to be the first or last part of the story.

I'd be up for this! I'd be available any time October 15th or later, and I'd probably need 3 days to get my part done. Also, I'm fine with writing either the first or the last part.

So, I'll probably fail miserably, but I want up for this!

I'm 95% free for both October and November - Getting a part done might take up to three days, I don't think too much lol. I would preffer not to do the last and the first part, and best time for me to do my part would be between Friday and Sunday.

Ooh, interesting!

But when's the latest we can sign up? I'm having issues with my hands and idk when they'll get better. If I sign up now but end up needing to pass, is that alright?

Hi Namo and all! This sounds like fun.
I'd like to provisionally sign up. I imagine I'll be available much of October and maybe November.
Does 100 words take three days? Even as a slow reader and writer, is this to be perfect, even as play?
I suppose I should request at least 2-3 days, in that case, also in part if things are busy or something comes up.
My creativity has always been pretty low, but hopefully that won't stop me.
And at this time I'd prefer not to be the bookends/either termination point.

But when's the latest we can sign up? I'm having issues with my hands and idk when they'll get better. If I sign up now but end up needing to pass, is that alright?

Sure, you can do that. Just give me dates when you'd like to be available first so I can schedule you then.

Does 100 words take three days? Even as a slow reader and writer, is this to be perfect, even as play?

The 100 is just a minimum. You can write more, though not more than 1000 or so, I think. The 3 day maximum is to make sure nobody goes for too long or holds things up.

I've logged everyone else down!

Sure, you can do that. Just give me dates when you'd like to be available first so I can schedule you then.
Alright, cool! I think Oct 10-12 seems like a good range... my Fridays are crazy but my Mondays are more chill. Hopefully I should only need a couple of days... when my hands are doing alright, I'm pretty fast.

sure, sign me up. sounds fun and not too stressful.

What dates will you not be available for October and November, and how many days do you predict you will need to do your part?

Sorry I forgot to reply to this. I'm free most nights on week days and all day on weekends right now, as for how long, it'll depend on what I'll have to write.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom