• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Idol [Round 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bulbagarden Idol [Round 1]

Hey I'll post my votes Sunday night est. Sorry for the wait, but I have stuff to do irl.

Nah, you didn't butcher the song. In fact, I sort of found your cover a bit more interesting to listen to. XP

lol Admit it. By "interesting" you mean "terrible". :p
SSJ_Jup81: THANK YOU. I love that song. I was super pumped when I saw that you were doing it! And no, you definatly DID NOT butcher it. You sounded pretty good, to be honest.
Nah. lol Too flat or something.

I like everyone else's entries.

Hey I'll post my votes Sunday night est. Sorry for the wait, but I have stuff to do irl.

Don't post it, pm it to me. Since i dont want in the rare case, a user getting upset over the points they were given

So there's a point system? How exactly is that determined? I'm curious now.

So there's a point system? How exactly is that determined? I'm curious now.

Judges PM me their votes for each song out of 10 and a reasonable explanation why. The lowest point achievers (total) get knocked out

Will the participants receive the reasons given for the score of those who judge regardless if they're dropped or not? You know, for constructive criticism?

Will the participants receive the reasons given for the score of those who judge regardless if they're dropped or not? You know, for constructive criticism?

I would sort of like to know. But I would like to know for fun. I know I can't sing, but I would like to know what the judges say. The judging makes things interesting: like the judges reponses in American Idol.

Hmm, ok if you guys wish, I could make the judges post their decisions here in the thread, for everyone to see.

Remember, if you get knocked out, you can always be a judge, you will be given a guarenteed spot as a judge if you participated and if you wish to judge

So, do I repost my votes here?

Feel free to

Ok, so I listened to all the entries twice and took some notes while listening. I tried to focus on more than just the vocal aspect. Anyway, my votes are the following:

1. Gible
A very masculine, deep voice. A distinctive one. Which is why the song choice was even more peculiar. But he turned out not so bad in the end. Plus, it really took some courage to sing a song like that. I'd give him a 7, but, he gets one extra point for courage. 8/10

2. yoshi12370
His voice is also quite deep and masculine. I haven't heard the song before, but I think he covered it well and that it really suited him. Perhaps what I was missing was a bit of an edge, but overall, it's still a good entry. 8/10

3. skitty-chan
First of all, nice song choice. I'd say she has quite a tender and soft voice, but still powerful enough to get the message and energy across. It was also notable that she had fun when recording, and enjoying the thing is important too. 8.5/10

4. LightningKimba
I liked the song choice. He wasn't bad, generally speaking. But at times, he was kinda too loud. Perhaps he should try to control his voice some more. It could be just the volume, but it's the impression I got. 7/10

5. The Fake Psychic
I liked this entry because he sounded very relaxed while singing (that's of great importance), and also chose a sing that suits his voice, which is quite good, I must say. 8.5/10

6. SSJ Jup81
I felt like something was missing here. And it was confidence. The way I heard it, more self-confidence is definitely in order. She should also try and put more of herself into the entry she's doing. 6.5/10

7. badalcristiano
A very good voice. It made me wonder if you're in a choir or something, because I really think you hit most of the tones there. Great song as well. Perhaps the volume of the song should be a bit lower, so that your voice could be heard more clearly. But otherwise, good. 9/10

I would sort of like to know. But I would like to know for fun. I know I can't sing, but I would like to know what the judges say. The judging makes things interesting: like the judges reponses in American Idol.
Yeah, I was curious too. I actually didn't care who knew it either. I sing like crap, tell me in what ways I sound like crap. lol

At least I now know.

Edit: Oh yeah, since I've never had the patience to watch American Idol, how many people are kicked out every week?

Last edited:

1 person every round

Thanks for the judging.
I can't believe you didn't hate my singing.
YAY!~

Thank you for the judging and the comments. I'll try to find a song that better matches my (apparantly) baryton singing voice next time :)

What's happening next? Oh and since we have two people that have dropped out of the competition, maybe we shouldn't have an elimination this round and just continue and start at round 2. Just throwing it out there...

Round 2

The theme for this round will be, Internet songs.

Songs that are made by users on the internet. Examples of some places where you can find some inspiration would be users:
"nicepeter"
"juliansmith87"
on Youtube^

If you are having trouble finding one and need help ask me, this is a tougher round.
For this round, I'm allowing Triple Claiming (3 people at max doing the same song)
Today 1 user is eliminated (there were 2, coolking503 and CommanderPigg, coolking503, told me that his mic wasn't working and was trying to get it fixed and it would be fixed soon, so I'm giving him this lifeline, though if CommanderPigg makes his Round 1 entry before coolking503 makes his round 2 entry, then commanderpigg makes it through....

Claiming Juliansmith: Got my mac on with iPhone 3GS

Last edited:

I liked the song choice. He wasn't bad, generally speaking. But at times, he was kinda too loud. Perhaps he should try to control his voice some more. It could be just the volume, but it's the impression I got. 7/10

It's my mic, definitely. It has issues picking up with my voice, which even now, I'm still having difficulty trying to figure out where to speak into it, without it dropping my voice... Hm

I'm claiming Brooklyn Rage, unless it doesn't count for this round.

Last edited:

I claim I am not David Bowie

Any song, never heard in real life on TV or CD's counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom