• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Idol [Round 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bulbagarden Idol [Round 1]

Magnet by Miku and Luka...I have a fancier version on my YT, but I thought for this one, I'd just upload an un-edited solo:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l7rrr32i3xn97ng

Oh yeah, my computer skips around, so I lost my place somewhere in the middle >_>
If it's not okay, I can try to find another song ^^;

I will post my votes tomorrow.

EDIT: Here they are.

This time, it was somewhat harder to judge as I had little to no reference, so that I could compare to the original performers. But it was interesting, can't deny that.

1. Gible
The song you chose was indeed very interesting. It was very fun to listen, I have to admit. This time, it seemed more suited for your voice somehow, so that's a plus. This was generally an OK cover. 7.5/10

2. skitty-chan
While it's a nice little song generally speaking, I liked your previous choice better. Not only was the music hardly heard in the background, at times your performance seemed more like talking than speaking. 7/10

3. LightningKimba
In a few places, it seemed like you lost your focus a bit. As in, you didn't exactly know where you are in the song. Also, the original performer's voice was a bit in the way here. 6.5/10

4. The Fake Psychic
You were OK, the song wasn't a bad choice. Although your voice striked me as somewhat forced at times and perhaps just a bit uncontrolled. 7.5/10

5. badalcristiano
Overall, your performance wasn't bad. But I liked your previous entry better, as it seemed that the song suited you more. Compared to last time, your voice didn't stand out to me as much. 7.5/10

6. CommanderPigg
I really like your voice. It's tender and delicate, and you know how to control and direct it. The song choice seemed to suit you as well. 8.5/10

Last edited:

Waiting on Ino-Chan for the next round

Re: Bulbagarden Idol [Round 2]

No fair. I asked if I could do the song I linked, but never got the okay to.

Edit: Never mind, was a real song. Didn't know that, though.

Last edited:

I've decided to drop out of the contest due to lost of interest.

Thank you.

No fair. I asked if I could do the song I linked, but never got the okay to.

Edit: Never mind, was a real song. Didn't know that, though.

Well, I'll go on my own here and give you ... one more day. I hope badalcristiano/Plumbum agrees with me.

No, that's okay. Like I said before, this theme was too "out there" for me because I don't keep up with "Internet" stuff. If the theme was a decent one, I would.

No worries, since yoshi has dropped out. We'll start the next round.. without yoshi

ROUND 3:

80s/90s Music. You can choose any song made in the 80's or 90's

Here's my entry: Beat it- Michael Jackson

Last edited:

80's/90's actually compose a good 98% of what I listen to. Finding a song won't be hard, but picking one might be.

All that said, I think I'm going to do Prince of Tides by Jimmy Buffett. (1988)

Re: Bulbagarden Idol [Round 3]

Current Competitors:

CommanderPigg
badalcristiano
The Fake Psychic
LightningKimba
skitty-chan
Gible
SSJ_Jup81

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but the user with the highest points at the end of each round, gets immunity the next round and cannot be eliminated (unless they drop out). So here are the people who recieved immunities
badalcristiano (Plumbum) OVER
CommanderPigg- Immunity for Round 3

Also, looking for judges

Wow, I love this theme!! The 80s (and mostly everything before it) is the decade I'm stuck in music wise. Okay, 90s too. I can't even think of which song to try to sing since I like so many 80s/90s songs. I'll think of something.

When is this due? Same time? I don't have any days off from work this time or any "half days" so to speak.

3. LightningKimba
In a few places, it seemed like you lost your focus a bit. As in, you didn't exactly know where you are in the song. Also, the original performer's voice was a bit in the way here. 6.5/10

That time, my mic was really off. For some reason, it picked up my voice to the point where, well... It just BARELY did. Which was odd, since I tested it earlier before I sung Brooklyn Rage, and it recorded fine... And then, well, crap happened, and got stuck with bad recordings.

One day, I gotta either figure out what's up with it, or just use a headset at my rate.

And there's a lot of songs that I'd do for this round, gotta think of something, and do something about my recording problems in the mean-time...

EDIT: Going with Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train, I just hope I could do it justice. XP

Last edited:

I know..... It was mostly talking *sigh*. But I couldn't think of anything to do; I don't know that many online only songs.
(Plus I have a man voice so.....)

I will have to put some thought into this round...

Oh God... 80's is so large it deserves its own theme and the same goes fore the 90's... Most of the best songs are from these decades.

Mmmmmm TOO MANY CHOICES... My brain does not compute and is going to overload T____T

I'll just go with the song that exemplify the 90's and that i can shamelessly butcher.

BARBIE GIRL

Yes I do both voices XD It's awful but I had fun!

Bah! No, it can't be over :(

Here's my entry, sorry it's so late...I had a really hard time choosing since the 80's/90's have some of my favorite songs ^^;

I really like "Say Say Say" by MJ and Paul McCartney, so I sung that. I think I butchered it with my voice, but...yeah XD

http://www.mediafire.com/?74mooajivpotdih

Omg...Gible...I love you ;_;

Omg...Gible...I love you ;_;

Aaaaaww... thank you... I love me too! ;)

Anyway, yeah what's going on with this... don't tell me I humiliated myself by singing Barbie Girl for nothing :D

I'm doing I'm doing I'm Too Sexy by request. Since it's a holiday here in Japan today, I'm off, so I'll record/submit it today.

I think I'm doing Girls Just Wanna have Fun by Cyndi Lauper.
(My mom's era, I do believe)

I'll try and have it up tommorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom