• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapp

With regards to all questions, can the ORAS demo version be used as a resource.

Just wanted to know

Thanks-
Ace

Re: Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapp

For Question 5, does The Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire demo count as a valid game or reference?
As stated in the question, from any kind of Pokémon media (Pokémon anime, Pokémon manga, or Pokémon games).

"The exact same turn" A turn includes your own and your opponent's attack, right? both sides choosing moves, then all the action happening, then back to the move selection menu is considered one turn?
And at exactly what point in that cycle is it considered the end of one turn and he start of the next?
The point where you are asked to select your move is the start of a turn.

3. As far as I know, this isn't possible in any Pokemon game. To be clear, does this exclude moves like: Baton Pass, Roar, Whirlwind, et cetera? I have an answer, but it seems more like a technicality.
As stated in the question, Apart from being forced to switch out as the result of a Pokémon's attack.

4. I'm not sure I understand the question. If FR/LG is considered "Generation III", then this is a trick question. (As nearly all Pokemon cards released prior to R/S/E would apply.) When is the start of Generation III? Is it the release of the Gameboy Advance games, or the release of TCG EX Ruby & Sapphire set? Otherwise... I think I have the answer.
See the link to "Generation III Pokémon" in the question itself to see what Pokémon are considered Generation III Pokémon.

I've already preordered my copy but I can't resist a good contest!

I was hoping if you could clarify question 3:
Apart from being forced to switch out as the result of a Pokémon's attack, how could a player in the Generation III core series Pokémon games (ie. R/S/E and FR/LG) have one of their Pokémon start to execute an attack before they switch out on that exact same turn?

I have a couple answers in mind, but I know there can only be one correct one. When you say 'execute an attack', do you mean a move that damages the opponent's Pokemon?

Anyone wanna PM me with at least a hint towards where to look for Question 4, if you've already submitted yours? I'm stuck :p

"The exact same turn" A turn includes your own and your opponent's attack, right? both sides choosing moves, then all the action happening, then back to the move selection menu is considered one turn?
And at exactly what point in that cycle is it considered the end of one turn and he start of the next?
The point where you are asked to select your move is the start of a turn.

So would that mean your turn also ends as soon as you are asked to pick a action?

Is a pokemon fainting than switching considered a result of the opponent pokemons attack?

One question. I found an answer into the quiz but it doesn't go on Bulbapedia. Am I still needed to send the link no matter what or leave the answer withour it?

I submitted my answers last night! I wasn't going to buy ORAS, it didn't interest me enough to pay another 50 euros, but it'd be cool if I won it for free...

One quick question. If I give an answer that is correct, but technically a gimmick, or a play on words, will it still be accepted as correct? I'm interested particularity in the question no. 5 because the only solutions I came up with are gimmicks and/or answers to a particular interpretation of the question (especially the "worked together" part).

Last edited:

Submitted my answers. The answers were fairly easy to find and I'm nearly 100% sure I got them right. Except for the TCG one, because the questions about the TCG are somehow always the hardest… But yeah, found three Gen III Pokémon cards released before the Ruby&Sapphire games, I'm fairly sure I got that one right.

What I'm curious about is something else. The contest is one entry per person, fair enough… But is it not actually one entry per e-mail address? Is there any way to prevent cheating by sending multiple entries from multiple different mail addresses?

Done. Confident of my answers, even with no prior knowledge of Gen III games/anime/manga/cards. I will admit that Q3) stumped me at first, but when you think about the situation that is described it should be clear. Q5) also took me a while but that was because I was taking a scattergun approach to finding the answer(s).

I feel like there's still ambiguity on question three, but asking any question about it would reveal my answer to an observant viewer... Ah well. I guess I'll just take a swing. Good luck, all!

Answering a few more questions. Some I've left unanswered because either
a) Answering them could give away the trivia answers
or
b) They're the wrong questions to be asking, and my answering them would put the questioner and others reading it further off the mark.

I was hoping if you could clarify question 3:
Apart from being forced to switch out as the result of a Pokémon's attack, how could a player in the Generation III core series Pokémon games (ie. R/S/E and FR/LG) have one of their Pokémon start to execute an attack before they switch out on that exact same turn?

I have a couple answers in mind, but I know there can only be one correct one. When you say 'execute an attack', do you mean a move that damages the opponent's Pokemon?
Any move.

One question. I found an answer into the quiz but it doesn't go on Bulbapedia. Am I still needed to send the link no matter what or leave the answer withour it?
If you've found an answer which isn't on Bulbapedia, send us the link so we can see your evidence and thinking. But I guarantee you every single answer can be found on Bulbapedia. So you've either run into a multiple valid answer situation, you're doing something really esoteric, or you're flat out wrong.

One quick question. If I give an answer that is correct, but technically a gimmick, or a play on words, will it still be accepted as correct? I'm interested particularity in the question no. 5 because the only solutions I came up with are gimmicks and/or answers to a particular interpretation of the question (especially the "worked together" part).
If you need to answer that question with a gimmick, you're probably doing it wrong.

What I'm curious about is something else. The contest is one entry per person, fair enough… But is it not actually one entry per e-mail address? Is there any way to prevent cheating by sending multiple entries from multiple different mail addresses?
We've already disqualified a few people for trying that (ironically, most of them got at least 1 question wrong anyway). We have a few ways of identifying probable attempts at gaming the system which we can't talk about for obvious reasons.

A question on No. 3... when it says "a later Pokémon season," does that only include seasons within the Advanced Generation series (e.g. Advanced, Advanced Challenge, etc.) or is that any season within any series (e.g. Battle Dimension, Rival Destinies, Pokémon the series: XY, etc.)?

Correction* No. 2

Q3 Sure is a doozy. Question, by "Start to execute an attack", do you mean that the attack is not completed by the time your turn is over?

I have a general question: What links should we put down for each question?

Ambiguity gone. Glad I waited to take my swing. Unless I'm overstepping my bounds here (in which case I welcome the deletion of this comment) I'm gonna help ya out a bit. For most questions, you should not be left wondering if your answer is correct. If you've found the right source, you will know with certainty that you are correct.

A question on No. 3... when it says "a later Pokémon season," does that only include seasons within the Advanced Generation series (e.g. Advanced, Advanced Challenge, etc.) or is that any season within any series (e.g. Battle Dimension, Rival Destinies, Pokémon the series: XY, etc.)?

That question's actually number 2 (Edit: just saw your second post. Heh.), and it's already been answered. Either will work:

Question 2:
For question 2, are the recurring characters both in AG series or 1 of them is not ? thanks
Either scenario would be fine.

Good luck in your search! That's the only one I haven't bothered with yet, mostly 'cause I missed the "recurring" part my first run through and ended up slogging through lists of Characters of the Day. Protip: Don't do that.

I have a general question: What links should we put down for each question?

Each question is answered by information found on one or more pages on Bulbapedia. Just put the links down for the page you can find that information. For example, if you find a page for one of the cards mentioned in question 4, you might list that page as your link. You might need two separate pages for the last question, as the two occasions where the Teams co-operated may not be linked in any way.
Technically, you can use non-Bulbapedia links to back up your answer, but that's not advisable, since you don't know if that information will count as an acceptable answer.

Last edited:

Technically, you can use non-Bulbapedia links to back up your answer, but that's not advisable, since you don't know if that information will count as an acceptable answer.

Confession: I used another website that I'm more familiar with searching for information on to find the answer for Q5), then when I knew where to look I double checked on Bulbapedia and gave the Bulba links along with my answers.

As long as I'm correct it's all good ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom