• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapp

I sorted by Japanese release date and somehow didn't see Fishing Rally.
Yeah, I made the same mistake. Here was the problem with that: By sorting the columns, the games are listed by year correctly, but the trouble comes with the months. By sorting, the months are not listed chronologically (January, February, March,...) but alphabetically (April, August, December, February, March, May, January, June, July, November, September, October). That threw me off too, but when I checked the page without sorting (unfortunately after the competition ended), it became obvious that Fishing Rally was right.

Well. That's annoying. Guess we need to work on our sorting algorithms. Good heads up, though. Wouldn't want this to happen in the Christmas contests. Those things are way more coveted, and it'd suck to lose out on a perfect score because of the way the columns are sorted.

Yes, I noticed this issue on November 14 and fixed it. The sortkeys were in ISO date format to allow for correct sorting, but some were using endashes instead of hyphens, which just broke everything. It has been fixed now, so sorting by release date works properly. However, the list was already sorted by Japanese release date, so it shouldn't have been too much of an issue (over 200 people got the question correct anyway).

Re: Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapp

I knew I probably wasn't going to win, I just want to know if I got them right! I worked hard on them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom