• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Pride (LGBT)

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
I couldn't see a general thread for discussing LGBT issues and topics, so I figured I'd make one myself. Howdy y'all, I'm Dorothy, I'm a trans lesbian and I've been out since 2017. Hope this thread can provide a safe space to discuss LGBT topics and maybe help some folks learn more about themselves along the way.

I'm a bisexual woman. 2017 was the year I was finally hit with the realization that no, I'm not actually straight...I think it was 2013 or 2014 where I kind of vaguely realized I was into girls, too, but I dismissed it because I had never given my sexuality a second thought before so it probably didn't mean anything, right? lol yeah obviously that changed.

I'm not out to my family yet. I'm not really sure what's holding me back; they've always been very accepting people, so it's not really that I'm afraid they'd disown me or anything. In the meantime, though, I'm happy and comfortable in my sexuality. I just wish I could have realized the truth sooner.

Hi, I'm bi. Or pan. Or something. I also might be nonbinary. I'm trying out they/them and he/him pronouns along with she/her. Feels weird, because I didn't question my gender or sexuality as a young kid so I sort of sometimes feel... invalid? Like a faker? Like it's a phase?

Hi, I'm bi. Or pan. Or something. I also might be nonbinary. I'm trying out they/them and he/him pronouns along with she/her. Feels weird, because I didn't question my gender or sexuality as a young kid so I sort of sometimes feel... invalid? Like a faker? Like it's a phase?
Everyone has their own experiences. Yours are as valid as anyone else's.

More stuff about me because I remembered to put more stuff in:
Ah, I also want to try crossdressing (especially in cosplay form), but won't be able to until I move out (probably). I know I'm not trans/nonbinary because I feel pretty comfortable with being a guy, honestly, but I really do wish that I looked more feminine. Thinking about it kinda makes me sad, but hopefully someday I'll be able to look how I want...
You can use any pronouns you'd like for me, also!
Same here! I want to go out one day and look like a boy.

Also for some reason sometimes dressing more feminine feels like I'm dressing in drag... Does that mean I'm trans?

Same here! I want to go out one day and look like a boy.

Also for some reason sometimes dressing more feminine feels like I'm dressing in drag... Does that mean I'm trans?
That's really for you to decide. There's no "right" or "correct" way to be trans, and being trans isn't a singular experience. If imagining yourself as a boy makes you feel happy, you might be trans. If being a boy sometimes and a girl sometimes and something else other times makes you feel happy, that's another way to be trans. It's a rich tapestry and no two ways of approaching transness are the same.

Hi, I've been out as a lesbian here probably from when I first joined. Even my current usertitle is a lesbian-related joke. lol

But over the past few months I've been questioning my sexuality and think that I'm actually kinda bisexual. It's a lot to take in for me. I have been secure in my assessment that I am a lesbian since probably 2009 or 2010. Things are weird right now, but I'm willing to open my mind to new experiences. I think.

Had my first "coming out to a friend" today! Came out to my best friend~
On the topic of Japanese words for LGBTQ+ identities, I think this article might interest you:

Hi I'm Mari, and I'm cis (she/they) and am questioning my romantic orientation. I have no dating experience, and I don't really have many people to talk to seeing as how I live in a mostly conservative state and am at home most of the time. Until I find out I am just going to chill mostly. I'm always here to talk if anyone needs someone to listen.

Hi I'm Mari, and I'm cis (she/they) and am questioning my romantic orientation. I have no dating experience, and I don't really have many people to talk to seeing as how I live in a mostly conservative state and am at home most of the time. Until I find out I am just going to chill mostly. I'm always here to talk if anyone needs someone to listen.
What's got you questioning?

What's got you questioning?
An anime surprisingly, I know its dumb but that is legitimately the reason. Both that and just growing up I guess, I'm curious. I've had crushes on guys when I was an elementary student, but I also liked girls, and just people in general. That along with everyone in my life saying that "you just kinda seem not straight" has me thinking about the topic.

I'm sorry if this reasoning is weird, most people probably have better reasons than just anime and childhood crushes.

(btw I really like your icon! where is it from if I may ask?)

An anime surprisingly, I know its dumb but that is legitimately the reason. Both that and just growing up I guess, I'm curious. I've had crushes on guys when I was an elementary student, but I also liked girls, and just people in general. That along with everyone in my life saying that "you just kinda seem not straight" has me thinking about the topic.

I'm sorry if this reasoning is weird, most people probably have better reasons than just anime and childhood crushes.

(btw I really like your icon! where is it from if I may ask?)
IMO you don't need a "reason" to be gay or to question your sexuality, it develops out of a myriad of possibilities. There's no wrong way to go about it.

My icon is my character in a Star Wars tabletop RPG campaign I'm in.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom