• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

What's you're favorite TV show?
My favourite TV show is Red Dwarf, it's a British Science Fiction Comedy series about the last human alive set 3 million years into the future where his only companions are a hologram of a dead crewmember he didn't get along with, a lifeform who evolved from his cat, a senile AI computer and later a service mechanoid with an obsession for cleanliness rescued from a derelict ship.

Red Dwarf's a show that always makes me laugh and chill out when watching and cheers me up if I'm feeling sad. Although played for laughs it has some great ideas and sci-fi concepts in the background of the stories but by far it's strongest point is the interactions between the main characters. Some of the best scenes are just the characters having conversations with each other and there are some great moments where it can be genuinely sad, heart-warming or uplifting.

Last edited:
My favourite TV show is Red Dwarf, it's a British Science Fiction Comedy series about the last human alive set 3 million years into the future where his only companions are a hologram of a dead crewmember he didn't get along with, a lifeform who evolved from his cat, a senile AI computer and later a service mechanoid with an obsession for cleanliness rescued from a derelict ship.

"I'm going to beat you to within an inch of your life..."

My favourite TV show is Red Dwarf.
Stoke Me a Clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

...considering that the main time I've turned up to post on the public areas of the forums for the past decade, that's sadly appropriate. ^^;;

My all time favorite is Avatar the Last Airbender but I feel compelled to give a list so here it is
-Spongebob SquarePants
-Steven Universe
-Gravity Falls
-Twin Peaks
-Arrested Development
-WandaVision
-Chopped

Plus a slew of anime that I could get into if anybody asks about that

My all time favorite is Avatar the Last Airbender but I feel compelled to give a list so here it is
-Spongebob SquarePants
-Steven Universe
-Gravity Falls
-Twin Peaks
-Arrested Development
-WandaVision
-Chopped

Who's your favorite Avatar character?

Lots.

- Blackadder
- The Thick of It ("Have I got my bollocking face on? No - this is my bollocking face")
-
Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister ("Very brave you of, Minister." "Wait, it is? Why?")
- Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing
- Agatha Christie's Poirot
- Midsomer Murders
- The 1979 Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (starring Alec Guinness)
- Monty Python's Flying Circus
- Michael Palin's From Pole to Pole
- Just about any huge, multi-part BBC documentary (on the Troubles, Watergate etc.)

I swear, I'm not being paid by Britbox.

Last edited:
For the sake of narrowing things down, I'm going to exclude anime and tokusatsu for this, and just focus on things which were actual TV shows that I watched on TV. I'll also exclude things like Cheez TV and Agro's Cartoon Connection (names which older Aussies should recognise), because they were more vehicles for setting up cartoons as a block.

It's really hard to pick just one show. Growing up, I would've answered the Super Mario Bros Super Show (and especially the Zelda focused episodes we only got once a month), closely followed by the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers cartoons. By late primary school, I was being exposed to a lot of British comedy, like Blackadder and Monty Python, as well as American sci-fi like Star Trek TNG. I also quite liked a number of British mystery series, particularly Cadfael. My interest in sci-fi continued through High School, where I watched DS9, Voyager, Babylon 5, and Red Dwarf. I also started to develop an interest in politics thanks to Australian satirical programs like Good News Week, and Clarke & Dawe. After that.... well, I was really watching more anime than anything else, and I didn't really watch much made-for-TV shows again until they ended up on streaming services, getting introduced to things like Avatar and Steven Universe fairly late. I don't tend to seek out non-anime shows intentionally anymore, and more just see what crops up in my Netflix recommendations, though I can't think of anything I've watched lately that's left anything like a special impression on me.

-Spongebob SquarePants
-Steven Universe
-Gravity Falls
-Twin Peaks
-Arrested Development
-WandaVision
-Chopped

How did I manage to forget the awesomeness of Avatar: The last airbender!!!!! :eek: It's one of my all time faves

How much time do you spend on Bulbagarden? Also, how many notifications, on average, do you have every time you go onto the forums?

Well, we've discussed how I don't read everything and how my notifications thus pile up - I likely get around ten a day, most of which don't require action, so I'm currently sat on 171.

It's hard to put a number on how much substantive time I'm spending here. Perhaps 30 mins a day of 'proper' activity, with multiple quick check-ins.

How much time do you spend on Bulbagarden? Also, how many notifications, on average, do you have every time you go onto the forums?
I visit the site a lot, but I don't spend that much time actually posting things. Just when I feel like it.

Hardly any. Maybe 1 notification a day on average. It used to be more but I quit section staffing a few months ago (I'm still the Deputy Head Admin of course, but I'm more focused on sitewide matters and behind-the-scenes stuff now).

I'm on daily at the moment, many times a day but I see this dwindling when I go back to work in a couple of days. For notifications it varies, if i'm hosting a mafia game I get a fair few over a day, otherwise I usually end up with 1-3 a day or something.

Not sure, I log in several times during the day, maybe added up about an hour or two a day. I check the Art Gallery regularly for new posts, I try to post there fairly regularly but my posts can be a bit sporadic as new banners or drawings can take a bit of time.

Notifications wise, it's usually between 0-4 on average but it was a bit higher this morning with 6.

How much time do you spend on Bulbagarden?
Too much time. Waaay too much time. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
In all seriousness, I’d say somewhere between 5-10 hours a day, but there are a couple of caveats.
1. That doesn’t mean I’m actively observing everything that’s going on that whole time. It’s usually scheduled around work, building Lego, or other social activities.
2. A majority of that time is just relaxing and hanging out with people. I may be the Head Admin, but that doesn’t mean I have to always be busy doing staff stuff.
3. That having been said, I’ve made it clear to the staff that my door is perpetually open if there is something that requires my attention, even if it is at a time that’s less convenient for me.

Also, how many notifications, on average, do you have every time you go onto the forums?
Because I hang around so often, I get notifications in small bunches. Having over 10 notifications stacked up at once is unusual for me, unless people happen to be going on a “Liking” spree for my posts.

Back
Top Bottom