• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

What is your favorite forum game @Maniacal Engineer , and anyone else who would like to answer
I like the "which pokemon comes to mind for the user above" game too as it's interesting to see what answers you get, also like the "which human character from the pokemon world" and "which pokemon move" variants of the game too.

favorite kind of music?
I'm not really that into music but when it comes to video game music I quite like rock and electronic stuff.

Favorite food?

I can't eat many foods (I won't explain why lol), but I do have a number of favorites: Sliced beef brisket and spicy fries, grilled chicken/fajitas and rice, spaghetti and bread sticks/rolls (rolls are what we make at home with it), and, of course, pizza! I also like baked potatoes with corn, and my mom makes really good biscuits that we eat with eggs and fries.

My favorite snack is whole grain goldfish crackers. Lol.

favorite kind of music?

On the non-classical side, my favorite genres are British Folk, soul/R&B (from the 1960s/70s), 1970s soft rock, Progressive rock, and Baroque pop.

On the classical side, my favorites are Early Music, Baroque, Impressionist, Classic, and various late 19th/early 20th century composers (like Stravinsky, Holst, etc.).

What is your favorite forum game @Maniacal Engineer , and anyone else who would like to answer
Mafia. :p

while I love me some “Kill the Thread,” and was very active in “Up or Down” back in the day (and having hosted quite a few of them), the Mafia games in TWR provide me with a challenge and put my strategic thinking skills to use.

american football, tiny moving parts, (some) origami angel, algernon cadwallader are american bands
by the end of summer, pens+, kudaranai ichinichi (くだらない1日), arigarnon friends are japanese bands
After listening to them they remind of the kind of music you could find in the Rock Band Network. Man... if only the Rock Band 4 for PC Kickstarter didn't fail we could have gotten those bands.

Great idea for a thread!
Always felt it'd be better if users knew the members of this moderacy better.

So, what about favourite videogames? Any Civilization series players here?

Let's see, aside from the obvious... Mother/EarthBound, Super Smash Bros, Final Fantasy, Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, SaGa Frontier, Dragon Quest, Street Fighter, Tekken, Dragon Ball FighterZ, The Legend of Zelda, Spyro, Mario Kart... I got a lot.

Let's see, aside from the obvious... Mother/EarthBound, Super Smash Bros, Final Fantasy, Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, SaGa Frontier, Dragon Quest, Street Fighter, Tekken, Dragon Ball FighterZ, The Legend of Zelda, Spyro, Mario Kart... I got a lot.
Never played a lot of those, but I did play Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 6 and Majora's Mask. Didn't finish 'em, though.

Which Final Fantasy and Zelda game would you say is the best/your favourite?

I'm not really a gamer outside of Nintendo. I have a good number of 100% playthroughs of Mario and Zelda games though, so those are definitely some of my favorites. My Top 3 favorite Nintendo games in no particular order: Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Great idea for a thread!
Always felt it'd be better if users knew the members of this moderacy better.

Out of the pokemon games my favourites are Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Colosseum, XD Gale of Darkness, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky and Snap.
Outside of the pokemon games I'm also a Sonic fan, my favourite Sonic games being Adventure 1 and 2, some other favourite games are Crash Team Racing and Streets of Rage 2.

Good man. I play Civilization, though I’m partial to Civilization III the most.
Other favorite games include: Pokémon Platinum, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Mother 3, The Henry Stickmin Collection, West of Loathing, and Star Trek Armada.

Mafia. :p

while I love me some “Kill the Thread,” and was very active in “Up or Down” back in the day (and having hosted quite a few of them), the Mafia games in TWR provide me with a challenge and put my strategic thinking skills to use.
When are you going to come out of Mafia retirement?

I've actually been playing Civilization VI a lot lately. I'd never really gotten into the series over the years (I have IV and V, as well), and I'm not sure what spurred me on to actually get into it, this time.

Anyway, my favorite series are The Sims, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Zelda.

Favorite food?
At this time of year? Homemade ramen. A very long time ago now, I worked for a time in a Japanese resturant. I wasn't one of the formal apprentice chefs, but I was still being made to do everything they did apart from public sushi preparation (largely I think because I was one of the few non-internationals on staff, so they knew they wouldn't be losing me as soon as a student visa ran out). Learned how to make a lot of Japanese dishes from scratch while there.

Outside of Pokémon, my main console franchises are Zelda and Fire Emblem.
On PC, my main genre are Grand Strategy, and 4X. I don't actually play much Civ though. Currently, the main games I play in this area are Paradox titles like Stellaris, Crusader Kings III, and Europa Universalis IV. I don't play it much anymore, but at one point I held the world record in unmodded Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (with the Alien Crossfire expansion) for fastest transcendence victory on the largest map size. I don't think the records for that game would've changed much in the past 15 years either, so my old runs are probably still up there.

Back
Top Bottom