• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

KFC, Pizza Hut or Wendys?

Favourite sport?

Dogs or Cats?

Your favourite rival (Blue, Silver, Barry, etc)?
  • Wendy's, but also none of the above? I don't really eat a lot of fast food any more but Wendy's is the least offensive to my body.
  • Favorite sport: hockey! I don't know how to skate but I have loved watching the game from a young age (it's the inspiration behind my username!)
  • I go back and forth on cats v. dogs. I think I like dogs more, but I don't feel like I have the patience to raise a dog, so I'd rather get a cat. Does that make sense?
  • Favorite rival: Probably Silver, I like how he just doesn't give a shit all the time.

KFC as it's the only one I've been too though haven't been to one for many years, I don't think they have Wendys in the UK but I'm not that knowledgeable about that.

Favourite sport?
I used to follow football (soccer) but I've kind of lost interest in the last few years, I've supported Liverpool FC since I was a kid though.
The main sport I like to watch on TV though is Formula 1, always find watching a Grand Prix on a Sunday a great way to chill out and de-stress for a few hours, my favourite F1 team is McLaren.

Dogs or Cats?
Both, I've never owned either but have good memories of nice Cats and Dogs I've met.

Probably Hugh from B2/W2, he's a solid rival but also pretty helpful in helping to take down Team Plasma given his backstory and strong dislike of them.

Going back to something I posted a while back:
I'd quite like to get back into the anime again but I'm haven't really gotten round to catching up with all of the seasons I've missed, I caught up with all the movies I hadn't seen apart from Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution and Detective Pikachu over the last year, prior to that I'd only seen up to the 14th Movie.
I did actually get round to doing this, I still haven't seen those two movies yet but in terms of the seasons of the anime in the last few months I've watched everything from mid DP where I last left off in the anime about a decade ago through to the latter part of Sun & Moon where I'm up to so far and still going :)

Last edited:
Which are you getting: Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl? Or are you not getting them and waiting until Arceus (which is what I'll be waiting for)?
I'm on the fence after seeing the datamine and leaks (even moreso with SMT V around the corner), but I'd probably get BD after owning the original Diamond. Pearl's exclusives don't appeal to me as much lol.

KFC. I haven't been to Pizza Hut in years and there aren't any Wendys in the UK. Shame the Krushem's been discontinued, I loved that thing.

Favourite sport?
Football/Soccer

Dogs or Cats?
Dogs easily

Silver

what made you want to become moderators?
When I applied I'd been a member for about 8-9 years iirc. I believe I wanted to contribute more to the forums that I've been visiting for almost a decade.

also, do you like ranch on pizza? (i get mine with ranch instead of pizza sauce, then i put lots of jalapenos on)
I'm boring when it comes to pizzas lol, I usually just stick to pizza sauce.

Last edited:
what made you want to become moderators?

I haven't thought about this one for a while. I was offered the position, as opposed to applying for it, sufficiently long ago that I'm hazy as to exactly when. I suppose it was mostly because I liked the writing community here and wanted to support it. And indeed, in practice moderation wasn't that much different from what I was doing as a member anyway

What's stargazy pie?
Well, you see, the first half of the recipe is easy. You just need some starfruit. The second half is where things get tricky. For that you need to go find the legendary gazyberry bush. Y'know, the bush that only grows on the magical isle of Avalon. I'm afraid I'm under geas not to reveal the secrets for accessing that legendary island, so I can't help you with that part. You'll need to figure that out on your own. But once you've got them, just cut up the ingredients and bake them into a pie, just like any other. And then, boom, stargazy pie.
For people who ship ships, what are your favorite ships? (Pokémon or non Pokémon)
I'm generally not the kind of person who gets into big serious discussions on this kinda topic, but I do have my own personal ships and headcanons I like to think about. In particular I have a personal habit of making queer as fuck headcanons out of the barest scraps of potential information, or failing that, just completely making something up that hasn't been disproven by canon. Some examples include:
  • SoRiKai, the three-person mutual polycule of the three main protagonists of the Kingdom Hearts series (this one is basically just canon imo).
  • Sonic and Shadow the Hedgehogs with nobody, I headcanon both as aromantic and Shadow as asexual on top. Neither of them interested in such a relationship.
  • Taichi, Sora, and Yamato from Digimon Adventure as also a polycule, a link between Taichi and Yamato is optional but I like to imagine it's there (honestly a lot of these are just adding in polycules because I find love triangles trite and obnoxious when the obvious solution is right there).
  • I do not think about Pokemon characters anywhere near enough to care to put them into ships.

Which are you getting: Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl? Or are you not getting them and waiting until Arceus (which is what I'll be waiting for)?
Neither. I haven't really kept up with recent news and developments regarding these games out of sheer apathy, but what I've seen doesn't appeal to me. I do have nostalgia for Diamond and Pearl as Diamond was my first main series Pokémon game, but I'm not really interested in HD remakes that have little new to offer (plus the artstyle doesn't appeal to me, so there's that too). Definitely saving my money for Legends: Arceus as well, which I couldn't be more excited for.
Is it bad that I haven't been to any of these? I don't think I have the latter two where I live, but there's a KFC around the corner but I've never been in there :confused: The last fastfood restaurant I went to was (I think) McDonald's, and even that was over 2 years ago.
Favourite sport?
Used to be football/soccer, and I still enjoy that a great deal (mostly the big tournaments though). But nowadays I'm more into tennis and road cycling.
Dogs or Cats?
Not really a dog person, although I don't mind certain dogs. I'm a big cat person though and I've had a lot of cats throughout my life.
Silver, but I like Hugh and Gladion too.

What's stargazy pie?
A Cornish fish pie dish with fish heads that stick out of the pie.

For people who ship ships, what are your favorite ships? (Pokémon or non Pokémon)
Not really a shipper but probably Pokéshipping or Armorshipping.

is there a specific reason that smilies get changed on the forums? for example, : ) is :)
it's because of the...format of the site, right?
Yeah it's just an automatic thing the site does, I don't think we have any control of it. I thought there was a preferences setting that'd let you turn it off, but it seems I was incorrect.
also, how was your day today?
Hectic, work was kinda nonstop. But I'm home now and ready to chill so that's nice.

Alright, so I'm going to do a bunch of these. lol

What’s your (your plural) favorite color?
Magenta! =D

do you like ranch on pizza? (i get mine with ranch instead of pizza sauce, then i put lots of jalapenos on)
I do not. I love pizza sauce and wouldn't change it. I don't put anything extra on my pizza. I literally only eat cheese pizza. Lol Yeah, I'm super fun to eat with. /s

nintendo, sony, or microsoft? (or pc, i guess)
Nintendo, Sony, and PC. I've been into Nintendo since I was like, in my early childhood. I got into Sony in my early teens with the PS2. And then PC in my mid teens with The Sims 1 and 2. I don't like dealing with PC specs and stuff, but I will say that right now it and the Switch (handheld mode) are my go-to gaming devices because they are more comfortable to play than sitting in front of a TV for me.

Neither. Not impressed with them. If there's ever a chance to get one for $30, I might someday, but not at MSRP. I'm really excited for Pokemon Legends: Arceus, though. =D

Pizza Hut. I love pizza! But Pizza Hut I'm very picky with. There was one in my college town several years back that was fantastic and very consistent, but the one back at home where I'm at now is not so great. D:

Favourite sport?
Marching band! =P I was in marching band in high school. We were a nationally competing band (I will not say which, sorry). I had an amazing time that I will never forget! I also like watching college basketball. That runs in my family.

Dogs or Cats?
Dogs. My mom is and has always been allergic to cats, so we never had them growing up. I used to be obsessed with them in my childhood for some reason, but now I am definitively a dog person. We have had dogs my whole life. I was scared of them at first, but then we started getting smaller breeds and I fell in love.

Silver was the most interesting. The one from Sword/Shield I kinda liked too, actually. He actually managed to make me feel for him when he kept on failing.

A question for my fellow mods: which of my many, many qualities is your favourite?
Your impeccable skill in battle.
Someday... Someday I shall be truly victorious...

Back
Top Bottom