• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

what do mod drives look like? (there's going to be one in january, right?)
maybe more rephrased, is there some sort of an application process to become a mod?
Last time around it was a list of ten or so questions in the first post of a thread - from what I recall, you would apply by replying to that thread with your answers (which would be hidden from other users). The questions are generally around topics such as your personal temperament, handling disputes, what you think makes a good moderator etc.

I'm not sure if any of these have been asked before, but to everyone:

What was the first video game that you can remember playing?

What's your favorite season (spring, summer, fall, or winter) and why?

How would you describe your fashion sense?

what is your favorite part of the forums?
I'm here for the vidya games, but Fun & Games is also fun and gamey.

1638308262581.png

Spring is cool but bright.

Erring on the smarter side.

I'd also like to ask, what is your favorite food?
Money and waistline no object, I'd have a beef wellington every day - but my tastes are broad, and I'll scoff boudin noir and foie gras as readily as some bao buns and duck donburi.

Super Mario Bros, way back on the NES, no less.

Spring, which I maintain ought to be everyone's favourite season after the long dark of Winter.

"Act your age, or ten years above it"

I like Bulbagarden's community. And finding likeminded people from across the planet is still amazing to me. Or as some NPC eloquently put it:
Just plain old pizza. But (real) Italian cuisine in general is heavenly to me.
Honestly, I wish I remembered the exact game :( I do vividly remember playing a lot of pc games before I ever owned a console. Among those being Roller Coaster Tycoon, Age of Empires, Midtown Madness 2 and the first Harry Potter game. The first console games I ever owned and played were Mario Kart: Double Dash and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time on GameCube. I had played console games before that with friends though.
I keep telling myself I love the summer, but I don't. I really don't like the heat. I think I just enjoy the freedom of summer more than anything. I actually prefer the winter more because of the holidays and my birthday falls in it too. And winter has a certain atmosphere of coziness I really enjoy.
Couldn't be more generic if I tried. Mostly just plain t-shirts, a hoodie and jeans. I like wearing more formal clothes too, but I only do it for the occasion.

Last edited:
The first game that I ever played would be either River Raid or Ghostbusters on the Atari 2600. I'm guessing probably Ghostbusters, since I was obsessed with the movie and cartoon at the time.
Winter. Much easier to warm up than it is to cool down.
Understated.

I tend to hang mostly around the Game Corner supersection, but I poke around down in The World Beyond pretty frequently, too.
God I honestly don't know. I grew up on video games so there's so many things it could've been. Possible candidates for my first include: Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, one of the classic Sonic trilogy, Lego Rock Raiders. It could have been any one of those or maybe even something different that I've forgotten.
Probably autumn. A nice refreshing relief from the hellscape that is summer as it gradually cools down into winter. A good amount of rain, too, which is nice. Winter is also pretty good, but sometimes it gets just a little too cold.
My overall style generally tends to be very basic: Shorts/jeans depending on whether it's real cold or not, plus a t-shirt, generally print. Where I like to put a bit more into it though is in the accessories. Necklace, bracelets, bandanna, just those extra bits of flair.

Sushi is fucking incredible.

The Art Gallery though I may be a bit biased on that, outside of the AG I'm also fairly active in the Fun & Games section.

"That blue hedgehog again of all places!"
IMG-20211201-114737373.jpg

I think it was Sonic 1 on the Mega Drive (afraid not Adventure 2 but I can't resist a quote from that game) :D
It could have been Lotus Turbo Challenge also on the Mega Drive though, not 100% sure which one I played first :)

Orchid said:
Summer as I prefer warm and sunny weather.

Orchid said:
I kind of have no idea when it comes to fashion sense or style, I usually just dress the same way all the time, jeans, t-shirt and a jumper :D

waaaaaaaaait a second!! (kidding)
Not really sure, probably just going to go with Pepperoni Pizza.

When I first joined a bit over 10 years ago, I posted in the F&G section a lot, so I have really fond memories of it. I still post there from time to time, but I wouldn't really call myself a regular anywhere these days. I do really like the General Pokemon Discussion section as well.

1. I think Pokemon Yellow on my cousin's Game Boy Color.

2. Spring because the weather is usually the best during that time and the world is so vibrant with new life and colors.

3. Comfortable. If I'm not doing anything where I need to impress people I'm almost definitely wearing gym shorts or sweatpants and a loose t-shirt.

I can't recall perfectly. There was an NES in my family's living room during my early childhood. I can remember playing Mega Man 2, a Carmen Sandiego game, and Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout (lol).

Winter. I am very sensitive to heat and the sun. For example, even the 60s can be too warm for me if the sun is out and there is little to no breeze. I like it cooler, even chilly, and overcast. I also love winter aesthetically. I find dormant nature to be really beautiful for some reason. Also, I despise bugs and winter is when they go away (or are supposed to). Lastly, severe thunderstorms/tornadoes are much rarer in the winter than any other season.

Ultimately, winter is the most peaceful, nice season. It's the season I get the most exercise because due to everything above I actually like to be outdoors. Sadly, as of late, the winters are getting so mild that it gets really warm (even hot) and we get all of that bad stuff above anyway. D:

IDK. I like floral tops and dresses (which is hilarious considering how much I hate Spring). I like everything to be sleeveless (but not spaghetti strap, thicker than that) which is strange because I'm so insecure about myself.

Hmm. I can say, Domino's cheese pizza with garlic crust sounds so good right now. I like that and also Rib Crib's sliced beef brisket (but not the fat. Ew)

Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I'm more of a night owl. I tend to go to bed pretty late (think 2, 3 am) when I don't have to work or don't have anything planned the next day, even though I know it's bad for me. I wish I was an early bird and got more out of my mornings, but I just don't like getting out of bed. Plus, I like the quietness and tranquility of night. The world around me comes to a stop, whereas mornings tend to be hectic and busy.

What's your favorite drink?
I don't really drink much soft drinks these days but my favourite drink is probably either Lemon Fanta or Apple Lucozade :)
Other than those I'd say Tea, being British I'm naturally a professional tea drinker :D

Last edited:
What's your favorite drink?
I drink a lot of coffee so there's that. But in terms of soda it's (zero) coke which I keep limited to the weekends.

I also drink a lot of water actually, because it's healthy but also because it's always available (thankfully!) and when I'm really thirsty, water can be really tasty.

Back
Top Bottom