• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Major night owl. Left to my own devices with no imperative to sleep besides "I'm tired, I should sleep", I'll stay up for ages. I once accidentally went until 3AM one night and literally did not notice until I glanced down at the time. I rather predictably fell asleep during my lecture the next morning.
What's your favorite drink?
I'm pretty basic. Just gimme a bottle of Pepsi Max and I'm happy.
I think I just think the staff are all from different places than they're from. I thought you were from Michigan or Minnesota.
We only have orange in restaurants, but in stores there's different kinds, I think
Staff Asks Takoyaki Anything, out of pure scholarly curiosity, where do you think I'm from? I'm not sure if you've ever seen me mention it so I'm curious.

Absolute favs: Mawile, Gardevoir, Hatterene, Froslass, Mismagius, Meowstic, Mimikyu, Meganium
Least fav: Pichu and Charmander evo lines
Well, the best Pokemon is undeniably Lucario. This is just scientific fact. Other top picks are Incineroar, Buizel, and Dusk Lucanroc.

The worst to me are the ones who very heavily resemble foods. Slurpuff, Milcery, Alcremie. It's just... Very unsettling.

Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I naturally wake up from 6:00 am to 7:00 am. I suppose that makes me an early bird. But don't expect me to get up any earlier than that. I once worked a job where I had to get up at 3 am every morning and I was miserable.

What's your favorite drink?
I'm a weirdo who likes unsweetened sparkling water. Lol. Currently my top favorite flavor of it is Fruit Punch. I drink lots and lots of different flavors, though.

I also like mint tea.

What is/are your less favourite pokémon/s
Favorites: Galarian Rapidash, Alolan Vulpix, Fletchling, Sawsbuck, Houndoom, Zebstrika, etc.
Least Favorites: Incineroar, the Ultra Beasts, Tornadus, Landorus, Thundurus, and I hate to say it, but so many Gen I Pokemon have been crammed in my face so much over the last decade that I've begun to hate seeing them, even though they were decent designs to begin with. =(

Last edited:
Can you cook? (If you can), what's your favorite thing to make?
I can, but nothing too spectacular. I don't really enjoy cooking, it usually takes a lot of time and requires a lot of smaller tasks. I often just end up making something simple because I'm tired or not in the mood to cook.

Despite this I do enjoy spending time in the kitchen with making certain other things, I love making soup for example and I've been told I'm pretty good at it haha. And smoothies too.

Not really. I know, I'm pretty worthless. I help around when food is being made, but I would stumble by myself unless given a specific set of instructions in writing or video.

Like which ones?

The starters, but especially Charizard. Another is Meowth. TBH, unless I'm really in love with the Pokemon to begin with, I'm pretty annoyed with any Gen I Pokemon when I see them pop up on merch or in prominent places in current Pokemon games.

I don't want it to be that way, but it's hard not to be nowadays. The representation is extremely uneven. I'd like to have a generation where, like, the regional forms and mega evolutions/Gigantamax (or whatever gimmick they have that generation) forms are more evenly distributed. It's not like there shouldn't be Gen I representation, it just shouldn't be like it is right now where every generation's Pokemon save for the current are getting a small fraction or nothing of what Gen I is getting.

But this is a rant surely not really fit for this topic right here. lol

I can cook, but I don't really like cooking (the result of having worked for a year in a Japanese resturant). I suppose my favourite thing to make would be proper (non-instant) ramen, just since the taste reminds me of when I used to live in Japan.

My favourites are generally the stuff that's simple, doesn't take an hour of work to make a good meal. My preferences tend to be stuff you can put together and eat in 15, 20-ish minutes. Stuff like spaghetti, fried rice, this nice recipe I found for pork mince with oyster sauce and honey, that kinda stuff.

Back
Top Bottom