• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

Yes I did, thx! :bulbaLove:
That's good to hear :)

Also cool new Dawn theam

Did u ever stopped liking pokémon for a while?
I didn't really stop liking pokemon but I kind of nearly drifted away from playing the games a couple of times between gens 2 and 3 and later gens 3 and 4 during my mid to late teenage years because of expectations that I should grow out of liking the pokemon games and other friends at the time no longer playing them but thankfully I ignored them and carried on. When gen 5 came around when I was in my early twenties though I kind of came to the conclusion that I'd just carry on playing the games I liked and not to be concerned about others opinions :D

Last edited:
Did you have pleassent holidays?
I did! As a teacher I'm still thankfully on break, but I'm going to have to put in some time over the next few days lesson planning and grading so I'll be ready for next week lol I've been pretty lazy this break, which has been a good thing overall for me mentally.
Do you have any pets??
I currently have a pet snake named Beans. I wish I had a good recent picture to share but she's been moody lately and I haven't really been handling her like I should because I don't want to deal with her attitude.
How much time do you spend online?
This has always been a tough question for me because I'm practically always multitasking. If I'm awake approximately 16 hours a day I'd say I'm probably logged into something.... 10-12 hours of that time? That includes playing games on my phone and streaming though. On a work day it's less, but not that much less because I need my computer for my job.

I've put on several kilos and managed to avoid swinging for my father (the closest I've come yet), so yes.

Do you have any pets??
Not at present, but I've had a range of fish, mice, hamsters and degus over the years.

A lot. My day job involves a lot of political monitoring, which involves hovering around Twitter... and my second job (here) involves sometimes reacting very quickly to Twitter.

All things considered, yes. Pretty much all my holiday plans fell apart though. Was meant to visit my mom's family's Christmas party, but chose not to go after my country went into another lockdown and the amount of guests allowed went down. Before that I had also scheduled to visit my mom and stepdad, but the roads were slippery that day and it wasn't safe to drive so I ended up cancelling that as well. So I just spent Christmas with my dad which was really nice as well.
Do you have any pets??
No, regrettably I don't have any pets of my own. My dad has two tuxedo kitties (siblings) though and I kinda consider them my pets as well since I often visit my dad and I've seen them grow up since they were little babies. In January they turn 4 years old.
Way too much! :D Let's just say that it's a good thing my current job has me spending a lot of time outside and offline.

Yeah, it was pretty nice.
Do you have any pets??
Yeah, got a couple turtles.
It is where I spend pretty much all of my free time in one way or another.
Did u ever stopped liking pokémon for a while?
Not historically, but the future at the moment seems uncertain. I might be drifting off, but I don't know whether or not that's just 'cause the games haven't been interesting me. I never finished USUM myself, though that's likely just because I'd already played SM and Pokemon just really isn't the kind of game I can play twice that close to each other. Let's Go held no appeal for me. SwSh was incredibly lukewarm to the degree that I still haven't started Crown Tundra. BDSP held no allure for me since I own Platinum and as far as I've heard it's generally just Worse Platinum in most respects. Legends seems interesting though, so hopefully I enjoy that one.
I don't think I'll ever stop liking Pokemon, but the games (at least main series) could definitely be on the way to failing me.

They were nice! We went on a roadtrip around the southwest for 6 nights, had a comfortable stay and good food :3 Hope yours was pleasant also!

Do you have any pets??

ahhh yes. She's at my parent's house now because I moved out, but I have a very cute seal mink mitted ragdoll cat back home. This is a contract job for 3 years so I didn't want to take her across the world with me only to make her likely have to travel somewhere else again a few years later, would be super stressful for the animal. When we get a permanent position I'll definitely be bringing her with me. She is the sweetest! I had another gray angora-like (we never were sure of the breed) kitty that we rescued from the streets for over 10 years but she unfortunately passed from cancer last year.

Far, far too much. Even as an adult with responsibilities. oops

What are you expecting in your 2022?
Hopefully I'll be able to find a job in the field that I graduated in. That's my biggest goal for 2022. And other than that, just staying in good health (getting the booster shot yesterday is a good start with that) and staying happy.
(Also, will there be a sitewide notification for when the mod drive starts? Sorry for asking about it a lot, I'm just very interested in the process (and hopefully being able to help out))
Not as a normal notification/alert. It's usually advertised in sitewide banners everyone should be able to see.

What's ur fav gen of pokémon?
Generation 2, it was the current generation when I started playing pokemon games and the first gen I played. Gen 2 also introduced my favourite region, starter trio and eeveelutions in Johto, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Espeon and Umbreon :)

What's your favorite reaction thingy? like the whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? one, or why not?
I fucking adore the Lapras. It started from the discord server and the amount of variations I've seen across related servers is absolutely wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom