• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

How are the Similar Threads determined?
By an algorithm attached to the newer versions of Xenforo, the software the forums use. As I'm aware we have exactly zero say over how this system determines what threads are similar to the one you're viewing. We didn't even put them there, they just showed up when we jumped to the big shiny new version. They are just as mysterious to me as they are to you.

What are you expecting in your 2022?

Getting a job, hopefully. I'm definitely concerned about COVID and I am immunocompromised, but I haven't had a stable income in so long and I really need one.

What's your dream place to live?

Somewhere in New England. Specifically a blue county. Probably Massachusetts or Vermont. Of course, if the US goes down the drain with voter suppression and all, I'll have to change this answer to Southeastern Canada.

What's ur fav gen of pokémon?

V. Playing Black was so refreshing for me, in between some small changes they made to the formula (don't ask me what they are, it's been so long now lol) and only having new Pokemon until the post-game. Gen V had tons of great new Pokemon, too.

What are you looking forward to this weekend?

Kinda late to answer that now, but being able to relax. And relax I have!

Best thing you've ever eaten?

Like, ever? I'm not sure I can answer that. lol. I have some favorite foods, though: pizza, sliced beef brisket, grilled chicken, etc.

Best thing you've ever eaten?
Kind of hard to choose as I like a lot of different food but going to go with Chocolate as it's my favourite type of confectionary :D

Favorite animal?
My favourite pets were Mice and Guinea Pigs but other favourite animals are Owls and Hedgehogs :)

Favorite animal?

Dogs, wolves, birds, and horses. Rainbow Cloud reminded me of guinea pigs, I used to have them as pets when I was younger. They are really cute. The last one I had, I got to see a small number of days after she was born, and let me tell you, baby guinea pigs are out of this world adorable, because they have all of their fur and are thus just miniature guinea pigs. :bulbaLove:

Favourite colo(u)r?
Honestly this is an incredibly hard pick if I must be honest. Plenty of colours look really good depending on a massive variety of things. I think overall though I'd probably nail down to some kind of red.
Favorite drink?
Pepsi Max is a real good one that I tend to drink a decent amount of. But also I just really like a nice cold glass of juice.

Favorite drink?
Tea, Apple Lucozade and Lemon Fanta :)

How was (or is!?!?) school for you?
What was/is your favorite subject?
Been a long time since I left school, finished school back in 2005, I did quite well there in terms of exam results and academic achievements but my time at school wasn't the most pleasant time in my life.
My favourite subject was Biology.

School was ok enough for me to go back and teach :p

But actually I wouldn't say I really enjoyed middle or high school while I was in it, but it was one of the few opportunities I had to socialize because I live pretty far out in the country so it was hard to see friends otherwise. I was also a good student (I ended up salutatorian of my class) despite struggling with completing homework and essays. I guess you could say that tests and stuff came easily enough for me that I didn't need to work as hard as some other people, which came back to bite me a bit in college when I dropped to a straight B student lol

I always liked science the best, especially animal-based stuff. And now I'm a high school science teacher because it's my passion to see other people get excited for that kind of thing too.

Primary school was fine, as was secondary school, but sixth form (the two years prior to university) was when I really began to enjoy education and became a bit more socially adept, and then university was a blast. My favourite subjects were history and politics.

Last edited:
Elementary school was cool. I went to school in the late 90s and early 2000s when Pokémon was at the height of popularity so I have a lot of good memories of that.

High school was so-so for me. Initially I went to a high school that I didn't fit in at all in hindsight and I struggled the first few years, but then the last two years I went to a different high school and I flourished there. I do have a lot of good memories of playing games with friends in high school.

I hated going to college for a variety of reasons. They say college is the best time of your life, but the opposite was mostly true for me unfortunately. I had two great internships though and the final year wasn't too bad, which is ironic since it was smack dab in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic and the lockdowns.
In high school my favorite subject was philosophy, but also history and geography.

402 robots online
…shit. Nobody was supposed to see my hidden invasion force. That was an oversight on my part.:bulbaFacepalm::bulbaFacepalm::bulbaFacepalm:

In reality, those are most likely “bot” accounts, which are mostly spambots and the like. I think we have a few bot accounts that we use for streamlining some of the behind the scenes forum functionality, sending staffers alerts on stuff, etc…but I doubt it’s 402 of them.

…shit. Nobody was supposed to see my hidden invasion force. That was an oversight on my part.:bulbaFacepalm::bulbaFacepalm::bulbaFacepalm:

In reality, those are most likely “bot” accounts, which are mostly spambots and the like. I think we have a few bot accounts that we use for streamlining some of the behind the scenes forum functionality, sending staffers alerts on stuff, etc…but I doubt it’s 402 of them.
LOL, I was hoping for an answer like that! Thanks a lot for making my day :bulbaLove::ROFLMAO:

Got a few questions to catch up on, I see:
Favorite animal?
The majestic cockatiel.
Favourite color?
no extra “u”s please. Too many “u”s makes ME mad.
Royal blue or black.

Favorite drink?
We talking alcoholic or non-alcoholic?
If we’re talking non-alcoholic, I’d probably have to go with root beer or berry tea with honey and lemon.
If we’re talking alcoholic, I’m partial to whiskey. My favorite scotch would be the Glenfiddich Experimental Series #1.
My favorite mixed drink is a Moscow Mule.

Elementary and middle school sucked. I was bored out of my mind in class, believed that homework was beneath me, got bullied by my classmates, and had a very abusive science teacher in 8th grade.

High school was great. Had a lot of phenomenal teachers that were able to undo all of the damage from my middle and elementary school years, and had a close relationship with most of my classmates. (Helps that I was in a class of 30-40, depending on the year and that the guys were outnumbered by the girls almost 3:1.)

College was difficult, and I damn near burned out and reached a breaking point my senior year…but that’s engineering majors for you.

As for my favorite classes/subjects…to the surprise of nobody, I enjoyed my physics and chemistry classes. One of the best classes I’ve ever taken was in college and was engineering specific. It was called “Materials Science.” The Professor who taught it had been teaching the class for 40ish years, and had a great sense of humor. It’s helped me remember a lot of the subject matter, even if I don’t use it on a daily basis. The class itself was about the different alloys and grades of metallic materials, including steel, bronze, aluminum, and iron, as well as handling compositions and preparation methods of polymers, glasses, and other such materials.

Back
Top Bottom