• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

Apply for what? to be a staff member?
we usually only have staff drives at specific times, really, and you'll be notified when that happens!
just be 13 or older, like in the forum rules, and you're OK!! there are some staff who are around my age, so...yeah!!
What kinda stuff do you wanna do here?
Ah, forgot to specify. Yeah, I meant to become a staff member. I kinda just wanna talk and help out.

Ah, forgot to specify. Yeah, I meant to become a staff member. I kinda just wanna talk and help out.
As takoyaki said, we don't have a minimum age requirement or anything to join staff outside of the 13 years you need to make an account.

We did just run a staff drive recently, so it's unlikely we'll be looking to recruit any new mods in the near future. However, that doesn't mean you can't help out! Some of the most helpful things any of us can do is just be a positive contributor to threads. Follow the rules, don't start or get sucked into drama, treat others with kindness, all that jazz. Then if you see anything that looks questionable, report it so that the mods can act on it more quickly.

Mods have important jobs, but positive, constructive users are really what makes Bulbagarden a fun place to be!

If possible, could someone explain what an average day is like for a staff member? I am warming up to the idea of trying out for staff sometime, but I am curious how time management would work in a day
OK so this is me, working at Bulbanews.

6:30ish AM: I wake up and die instantly get ready for the day!!

7:00ish AM: Ohhhh man, time to check Bulbaforums and see what's up!! I might have a message from Archaic about an article he'd like for me to write on, some feedback, or some advice regarding translation (he speaks Japanese better than me~!!)

After that I have school, where I check Bulbaforums during intermittent times. I can sometimes get work for articles done from 9-10AM, 11 AM-12 PM, and 2-3 PM, but not always. At least one of those classes tends to be almost like a free period~.

Once I get back from school at around 3ish, I do homework. Once that's done, I have free time from about 4 or 5 PM to 7 PM (after that I just play games).

Writing an article takes...at least a few hours. I have to take notes on the Japanese press release then do the article itself, then add pictures, wait for Archaic to get back with any edits, etcetc. Sometimes I look up from my work and notice that an hour has passed!!

I don't write every day. Archaic is realllllly careful about me not getting burnt out. I can handle it because I like doing this (and it helps my Japanese!!), but I'm always looking for new stuff to write about. I focus on Japan-based news, I'm the best with merchandise stuff, but really anything is OK.

For me, it's relatively easy. I do also take part in LOTS of staff discussions (I talk with the staff a lot!!) and I also help out with the reports system too! I often tend to give my unneeded opinion...and report spambots!!

For what it's worth Mari, I'm biased as a friend of yours (and I don't exactly decide this stuff), but I do think you should try sometime! We usually hire only during staff drives (last one was February!), but sometimes we do hire just because (we need staff in a certain position, etcetc), so...yay!!

This is just me right now as a Bulbanews writer. The mods are different sometimes, maybe, I think. hopefully I'll be able to help out even more someday, who knows!??!?!?!?

If possible, could someone explain what an average day is like for a staff member? I am warming up to the idea of trying out for staff sometime, but I am curious how time management would work in a day
The nice thing about it is that you can invest however much or as little time as you want or can afford. Some people are basically always active, some people have bursts of activity over a few days or weeks and then periods with little activity, and some check in once every couple days and take care of a report or two. There's no "right" way to do it, we're just glad to have the help from motivated people.

It's been a while!!!

Do you like summer!?
Summer is very nostalgic for me. I think it’s because of summer vacation and walking around at sunset. It’s nice to get a break from stuff. I can handle the heat, but only if it’s not humid.

It's been a while!!!

Do you like summer!?
I like the idea of summer - earlier sunrise and later sunset means more daylight to work with, it's easier to wake up naturally with sunlight streaming through your window, fauna and flora are flourishing, you don't have to wear so many layers - and then it arrives, I sweat for a few seconds, and I remember that I actually do not enjoy it one bit.

Spring and Autumn are where it's at. <3 (I hate the cold, too...)

Back
Top Bottom