• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

Since I operate forever on a school schedule I can't help but look forward to summer. But the heat, humidity, and unpredictability of the weather can really suck. I love being able to go outside if I feel like it, but if it's 90+ degrees F and 80% humidity I have to have a very good reason to step my foot out the door.

Don't mind me, just reminding everyone this thread exists. ;)
Thank you Oki!!!
Have you ever been on a boat?
I have! I've taken a ferry from Seattle to Bainbridge Island and... it's always been super fun! We haven't ever seen orcas, but we always get AMAZING ice cream there~
And is there anything you're looking forward to right now?
Uhmmmm....... hopefully getting enough money to somehow buy a Steam Deck???? I'm looking forwards to Halloween! I'm going to bake donuts~! I always look forwards to hanging out with @Blanc too, and if Oki can say hi that's nice too!

Yes. Went on a few tours of downtown Chicago on Lake Michigan and the Chicago River.
Also went boating on the Mediterranean and the Sea of Galilee during a trip to Israel.

That said, it's been over a decade since I've been on a boat, and that may not be a terrible thing.

As simple and "in the moment" as it is, I am looking forward to my stream in an hour. I should be taking on the Unova Elite Four and burning the League to the ground. :3

lisia used revive

hi hello, a question for everyone:

do you have a dream job? or anything you really want to do in the future?

personally, i'm aiming to become a professional translator.. honestly i wish i could actually do it properly now, but i still have studying to do? (i am also too young to be hired for that kind of thing i think)
so for now i am doing it freelance and that is just fine~

I've been on a few boats ranging from rowing boats to motor boats, ferries and cruise ships.
Currently looking forward to Summer and hopefully the weather getting better.

My dream job would kind of just be getting paid for something I liked doing though I kind of still have no idea what that would be.
As for the future I'd kind of like to travel and see more of the world.

lisia used revive

hi hello, a question for everyone:

personally, i'm aiming to become a professional translator.. honestly i wish i could actually do it properly now, but i still have studying to do? (i am also too young to be hired for that kind of thing i think)
so for now i am doing it freelance and that is just fine~
Entertaining people. Wanting to work more on music, art, stories, and bettering my Japanese.

My dream job for a very, very long time has been to be an artist/designer for Pokémon in some capacity, lol. If I got to design a Pokémon species or a video game character I'd absolutely be happy for the rest of my life.
Obviously I'm still studying hard, and I don't at all consider myself a professional yet, but it's nice to think about. Maybe my art will be on a TCG card one day, at least :)

As for anything else I want to do in the future, I'd really just like to live somewhere nice on my own, and spend lots of time with my friends from out of state.

Either becoming successful as a streamer, or working for the Lego Company.
Hell...I suppose I could merge the two by becoming a successful Lego streamer/reviewer and getting free sets from the Lego Company.

Neither is going to happen, mind you, because, even if my streams really do start to take off, I don't know if I could ever quit a stable and rocksolid job in automation and robotics for a full time job in Entertainment, which is very fickle.
And I'm not good enough to work for the Lego Company.

To be honest, not really sure. Anything gaming-related or adjacent. It'd be cool to be a game developer, but even working somewhere like Twitch or Discord to help them develop their platforms would be super cool.

Sometime in the future, I'd like to get back into music on a more consistent basis. I used to be pretty good at the clarinet and saxophone, and decent at the guitar, but I've fallen out of them in recent years. I do keep up with piano pretty regularly though, as it's the most accessible instrument to me. Would love to learn drums at some point too, that's something i've always wanted to do even when I was younger.

Favorite god from any (polytheistic) culture?
I know almost nothing about any religions or mythologies but Apollo because archery and poetry are both cool and also I've had several phases where I've been pretty into Rick Riordan books and I like his version of Apollo.

Last edited:
Zeus has a very fun turn in Record of Ragnarok. More broadly, I think it's fascinating how the Greeks conceptualised the most powerful of the gods as a man who was very willing to abuse his power, and not himself a source of moral authority.

Supergiant's Hades has given me a strong bond with Artemis, Greek Goddess of the Hunt. Critical hits, both active and passive homing shots, she's wonderful.
From their actual mythology I'm also a big fan of Persephone, Queen of the Greek Underworld. I enjoy her personality of being very kind and generous under many circumstances, but if you cross her then you are in deep shit. Turns out the queen of the underworld can afford to hold a grudge when everyone's gonna end up down there sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom