• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff Drive Winter 2019

Reaction score
Well hello there, everyone, it is I, Bulbagarden's Multimedia Executive, Magnificent Entertainer. I've got some exciting new for you all today.
Given that Gen VIII is right around the corner, we are looking to hire some new staff members for a few Bulbagarden projects. Most specifically, we are looking for Discord Moderators, Staff Artists, and Multimedia Editors.

If you would like to apply to be a Discord Moderator, please use the following application:
Discord staff app 2018
Please make sure to follow the instructions for submitting your answers.

If you would like to apply to be a Staff Artist or a Multimedia Editor, please use the following application:
Bulbagarden Staff Drive - Winter 2019

Applications are open until January 20th, so you have 2 weeks. As a general rule, more thoughtful answers (though not necessarily long answers) are always better than short and simple answers.

Good luck to everyone applying, and may the mods ever be in your favor!

Since a lot of people have been asking if this is paid work, we feel like we should clarify that no, it’s not.

You do however get the benefit of working in a community with people who share your interest as well as building up a portfolio and experience for future jobs. In case of art and multimedia, there’s also a benefit of being able to promote your own work every now and then.

Why would you waste our time on creating art that nobody appriciate? If you took it from Google, nobody would notice the difference because there is enough art on the Internet. The same goes for multimedia.

Why would you waste our time on creating art that nobody appriciate? If you took it from Google, nobody would notice the difference because there is enough art on the Internet. The same goes for multimedia.
People do appreciate it, I know from experience. Besides, taking something from other artists who haven’t agreed is art theft, and as an artist myself I know how annoying it can be when others get credit for something I made. You should also consider that we have several staff artists already (I was hired as one) and we do it because we enjoy it. It’s a good experience and completely our own choice to do.

People do appreciate it, I know from experience. Besides, taking something from other artists who haven’t agreed is art theft, and as an artist myself I know how annoying it can be when others get credit for something I made. You should also consider that we have several staff artists already (I was hired as one) and we do it because we enjoy it. It’s a good experience and completely our own choice to do.

Following on from that, it's hurtful to see the most popular place for people to look at your art be somewhere you're not even credited.

Back
Top Bottom