• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Sun & Moon Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Sun & Moon to be given ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
but for the time being i have a question about a couple of things. my first question is about question five. does question 5 require more than one answer?
It only requires one answer. Do you mean does question 5's answer include more than 1 move? The answer requires as many moves as satisfy the question. If there's just one move satisfying the question, it's that one one alone. If there's ten moves satisfying the question, then it would be all ten.

as for my second question, on the bulbanews report about the contest, it goes over some of the FAQ about the contest and one of the questions was this "I think one of the questions might have multiple valid answers? is that a problem?" where the reply is "If a question did have multiple valid answers, so long as you give one of the valid answers, you're fine. but none of these questions should have multiple valid answers." my problem with this reply is it specifically states in question 1 that it requires two answers. can you please explain this?
I think this is pretty much answered by what I responded to your first question. Question 1 requires you to respond to more than one prompt together. Your overall response to those prompts is your answer.

Just to ask, is there a preferred or recommended format when sending in the answers outside of linking to the Bulbapedia articles? Mostly curious since if there is a format, then I would not mind using it if it makes it easier on the staff.
Nothing required as such, no. Helps everyone if you can answer them sequentially though, and if you put each question in a new line/paragraph.

For Question 5, does a move count if it can call another move with effects related to the Sun or Moon and Bulbasaur can learn it count, does the called move count and this is an important question, SINCE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS. I'm just not using names because everyone should find the answers themselves. Also, do field moves affected by the presence of weather for only their field effect count? Again, Bulbasaur actually learns such a move.
I don't know about not using names, since you've got one name not in the question there... ;p
All that matters is that the move's effect relates to the sun and/or moon. If it's something that's the result of interacting with something else, then you need to ask yourself if it's an effect of the move, or an effect of that other thing. If it's something specific to that move, then it's the move. If it's something like a category effect (In X situation, Y happens to everything in Z), that would be an effect of the other thing rather than the move.
So for instance, if a move's effect calls another move in certain circumstances, then the calling of that move would be part of the effect of the move as far as we're concerned.

Last edited:
So in the FAQ part of the contest page, it has this question and answer:

• Can you email me back to let me know you got my entry?
Most users will receive an email back automatically to confirm their entry, however users with @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email addresses will NOT receive auto-responses due to issues with those particular email providers.

Now, I don't have any of those email addresses (I have Yahoo), and I didn't receive a confirmation email. Should I be worried about that? I've checked and I'm certain the email was sent to the right address.

Thanks

Hello. Needed to create an account because my question might be missed in Twitter.

What is the subject of the e-mail? Thank you.

So in the FAQ part of the contest page, it has this question and answer:

• Can you email me back to let me know you got my entry?
Most users will receive an email back automatically to confirm their entry, however users with @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email addresses will NOT receive auto-responses due to issues with those particular email providers.

Now, I don't have any of those email addresses (I have Yahoo), and I didn't receive a confirmation email. Should I be worried about that? I've checked and I'm certain the email was sent to the right address.

Thanks
I'm looking through the entries and I can't see any bounced autoreplies to Yahoo emails. Check your sent box to double-check that you did send to the right address, then check your junk/spam box to make sure the autoreply didn't go there. Failing that, send me your email address via DM and I'll look for it.

Hello. Needed to create an account because my question might be missed in Twitter.

What is the subject of the e-mail? Thank you.
There's no required subject. Put whatever you want. Shouldn't even matter if it's blank, but just put something in there to be sure.

Sent in my entry. No turning back now. I hope I got everything right.

I already got my e-mail confirmation shortly after submitting the answers to the questions. Surprised though, as Outlook tends to be wonky from time to time.

I have a question: in question 5, does the move have to have an effect relating to the sun/moon intrinsically, or does it also count if the effect only activates when under very specific conditions? Specifically, what I mean is that the Pokemon in question can learn at least one move that isn't related to the sun under normal conditions, but if it's used by a Pokemon with a certain ability in harsh sunlight, its effect changes, and I'm not sure if it counts or not.

So, now that it is all over, and the winners were announced, can you put the correct answers? Also, were there more than 10 people who got the correct answers?

[Question]
I know the submission date for the entries has passed but how do you submit your answers? I've started doing the trivia on Thursday (which I know is late) when I finished it tried sending it to [email protected] via ymail, gmail even hotmail and it kept giving me failure notices. I didnt have an account here at the time because it was under maintenance the entire time and I asked almost anyone for assistance and no one came up. What was I doing wrong?

So, where is the list of our fabulous winners? Or is it just if you received an email or something?

(On mobile so forgive my formatting.)

@Tajhaye - I personally sent my entry out on Thursday or Friday and did get a notice that it was received. <s>I would double check that the address bar did not replace .net for .com, but otherwise, I fail so see what went wrong.<s>

Edit: Tajhaye, I rechecked the email address I sent it to and it does not have the word 'and' in the middle of the address. Just "[email protected]"

---

As for all the other responses, it looks like the leaks and the update might have pushed the timetable back for the contest or maybe they are discussing if one of the possible answers had an issue. Either way, I think only another day or two of waiting will be needed before the results are posted. (As for a winners list, I think it would be slightly difficult as all that was used were email addresses, not actual usernames.)

Last edited:
I can confirm that the winners are already notified by e-mail as I am one of them.
Thanks a lot Bulbagarden!

I guess I didn't win since I didn't get an email, but for future reference can anyone tell me if they got my entry? (so I know for future contests)

(I signed the entry with my username Dizzard)

Yes @Dizzard, I received your email on the 8th of November. If you didn't get an auto-response, I'll have to add your email domain to the list of those we know to have problems receiving emails from Bulbagarden. We're on an Amazon Cloud server with this site, and sadly a number of providers flag domains using those automatically as spam. The three listed in the notice here on the forums outright send rejection emails to us when we try to contact them.

Details of the winners and the answers to all questions will go up later in the week, once we've confirmed who's okay with us using their name in the announcement.

I just noticed that I never received a confirmation e-mail (at least not in my Junk or Inbox), so could you please check if you got my entry? I stated my username in the first line.

I sent in an email and it got confirmed, but I haven't gotten an email telling me my results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom