• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Bulbagarden Survivor: Paldea - Minish wins

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I remember trying to start a Big Brother a few years ago in Fun and Games, and was told it should be in The War Room, so if it's not supposed to be here, blame whoever yelled at me to put it here whenever that happened.

An Online Reality Game or ORG is basically a simulation of Reality TV competitions such as Big Brother, Survivor, The Amazing Race etc. that you play online.

The goal is to be the last person standing as players are eliminated every round, usually by vote (except in Amazing Race where you just have to not finish last in the various challenges each round).
You can accomplish this in lots of ways like making alliances or deals with other players, winning challenges or advantages, lying and deceiving people, campaigning for the vote to go a specific way, it's all fair game as long as you follow the rules of the game itself and each competition.
But whatever strats you go with, keep in mind, at the end of some formats like Big Brother and Survivor, the eliminated players at the end get to pick the winner of the game after grilling you about your gameplay in a Q&A.

Below is an explanation of Survivor in their most basic format. Not every round will function exactly like what's described as there may be advantages or twists that change the structure of each round.

Survivor begins with 2 (or more, but normally 2) "tribes" of players that can only communicate with people on their tribe. Each round, there will be an immunity challenge which as the name suggests, grants immunity for that round to the winning tribe. The losing tribe has to go to "Tribal Council" where they're tasked with voting out one of their players.

When a certain number of players are eliminated, the tribes will merge into one and everyone will be allowed to communicate with whoever they want. At this point, only one person can be the winner of the immunity challenge and everyone else will still be eligible to be voted out.

Also, usually around this time, each eliminated player starting at a certain point will become a jurors, who are tasked with choosing a winner at the finale. You must communicate with jurors about the game until then.

Tribal Council:
  • The player eliminated is the one with the most votes against them after all advantages are played (if any).
  • In a tie, all private communication is locked and the players must come to a consensus publicly on which of the tied players to vote out.
  • If there is still no agreement, the players who tied for most votes will be immune. The eliminated player will be chosen by RNG amongst the voters who failed to make a decision.
  • If there is a tie when there are 4 players remaining on the tribe, the above two points don't apply and the tied players will compete in a live competition called Firemaking in order to win the right to stay.
  • Once you are eliminated, you must not reply to the thread anymore or communicate with players about the game.

There are advantages in the game that can change the outcome of Tribal Council, such as the Immunity Idol, which negates all votes cast against the person it is played on, or the Vote Steal which negates 1 chosen person's vote and allows the user to cast 2.

FTC:
Final Tribal Council or FTC works effectively the same as the Finale in Big Brother.
  • When three (or in some cases two) players remain, they will each write speeches explaining why they deserve to be voted the winnner of the game.
  • Then when both speeches are posted, there will be a Q&A where each juror can ask the finalists questions which will help them make an informed decision on who to choose as the winner.
  • The winner AKA Sole Survivor is the person with the most jury votes!

There are also some lesser known ORG Formats such as Pirate Master, Sequester, and The Council but those are more gimmicky and I'll explain/host those another time

General Rules:
  • Bulbagarden and The War Room Rules apply. I don't make em or enforce em. Not my division.
  • Follow all rules stated in the Immunity/HOH/Veto/Etc competition announcement.
  • Screenshots and exact copypastes of what other players said are not allowed. If someone sends you one please report it to me.
  • Once you are out of the game (or if you are not playing to begin with) you MUST NOT influence what happens inside of it. Players can not communicate with you and you can't communicate with them about what's happening in the game.
  • Voting is mandatory, missing any vote or abstaining is not allowed.
  • Be active. Actions such as comp submissions and votes in the game will have a deadline. You will recieve a strike if you miss a deadline and be disqualified if you get 3 strikes. If you need a deadline extended a bit, you can request it in private but it can't be something ridiculous like 10 hours.
  • Once the timer runs out and the game begins, you can make PMs to communicate with select people from your tribe, but they must only be people on your tribe and please include the host @gentlefeather and the mod on duty @TheCapsFan in your PM so we can make sure the rules are being followed!

Anyway I'm just making this thread to gauge interest and see if there are enough people who would want to play something like this. I know it will take a while so i don't have a set start date yet.

@TheCapsFan is Mod on Duty

I'm going to try to get a Survivor started but I need 15 players. If you want to sign up, copy and paste the list and add your name to one of the lines.

-The War Room’s Sexiest Player Mint Elv
-The War Room's Second Sexiest Player ExLight
-Just a Survivor/Big Brother fan Minish
-Wants to participate in the War Room games for once: Sheeerna
-Some idiot who keeps forgetting that they meant join this DawningWinds
-Someone who thinks this sounds very interesting: JamieIsBored
-This sounds line fun: noahtpg
- Most likely to get out first: toastedghost
-
-
-
-