• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden user appreciation thread

@WyndonCalling this is such a heartwarming thread, hi from a fellow Wyndoner :bulbaWave:

Thank you @Sheep and @FinnishPokéFan92 for the lovely mentions! It's always a pleasure talking with you guys on the regular. I love these forums, they are such a great way to talk to other Pokemon fans at a level of detail that wouldn't be possible otherwise. I feel like each member (even the ones whose posts I usually shake my fists at trololol) make up a part of that wonderful experience, so thanks to every one of you.

There are lots of users in the AniManga section whose posts I love to read, but a couple jump to mind where I feel like I click 'like' to every one of their posts. @Islander Princess I've told you already but I feel like we share one mind, and yours is the kind, optimistic, twerp half of it. @Daren often says what I'm thinking except in this sensible, indisputable way, but also often brings up points I'd never have thought about which are interesting and broaden my horizons.

I would also like to echo what Daren said about the mods there - what an unenviable job which you do so splendidly whilst being nice and bringing such a lot to the discussions! I have to add @Dogasu specifically as a former mod who I remember being apprehended by several times when I was a teenage terror intentionally flaming some of the more easily triggered members... Sorry for being a little shit back then, and thanks for not banning me lol.

I have to give a special mention to @TRNatalie. Being herself a writer, obviously her posts are always divine (perfect balance between information and passion) and she also did the lion's share of the work to make the Rocketshipping Bulbapedia page utterly spectacular, but she is above all a genuinely wonderful person who I have nothing but warm, big-sisterly feelings towards <3

There are a few users still kicking around who I have known for donkeys years now:
- @Plumeria who I met on Deviantart (!) before our old Rocketshipping thread, I still listen to Silky Heart all the time and dream of Musashi's melting heart...
- @Musajirou who introduced me to Shudo and many crucial facts about the birds and bees tee hee.
- @Insanish Danish who is only a year older than me but I looked up to like anything and remains an extremely cool gal.
- @pokemon fan 132 who never fails to wish me for Easter and Christmas and who is a true humanitarian.
- @Jez - too many of my saved screencaps are marked with your Rocket-Fics watermark as a testament to how influential your site was at a time when the internet was terribly sparse.
- @DashingFox even though you don't even go here anymore, the fact that you come and check in/take the piss outta me every few months brings me no end of cheer.

Bonus: all these people (incl some of the above haha) who at one time featured in my signature pic because our tightknit community meant the world to me!

sig.png

Oh and lest I forget, thank you to @TheGoldenDuck and @Nicolas721 for reading and validating my miserable blog posts, it is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much for the compliments, ii kanji! And since you mentioned it, @Islander Princess is indeed also a very pleasant user who's always a pleasure to see on anime related-threads.

I have to give a special mention to @TRNatalie. Being herself a writer, obviously her posts are always divine (perfect balance between information and passion) and she also did the lion's share of the work to make the Rocketshipping Bulbapedia page utterly spectacular, but she is above all a genuinely wonderful person who I have nothing but warm, big-sisterly feelings towards <3
Speaking of @TRNatalie, while I already pinged her here months ago, this post reminded me of the stories me, her, @Max1996, and @LazySpy used to write together at one point here. It was an unforgettable experience that I will never forget, and all those friends of mine deserve my deepest thanks for making it happen. And while I already also thanked them earlier, sure, they're such great people that they deserve a second round of applause. You're welcome, my friends!

Alright so I guess it's my turn...

@Ryker101 For our little talks on Discord. We may disagree on some things, but it's always great to throw down and have a chat with you.

@Ghost Diplocaulus I'm not bloody done with our discussion on whether Goh's a Gary Stu or not. I swear I'll f*cking get back to you on that one. But it was really great thus far and you actually heared me out with respect and patience, and that is enough for you to earn this tag.

@Max1996, @FinnishPokéFan92, @TRNatalie I love you all so very much for reasons that were already said in this thread, and more. You have my undying gratitude for bearing with me even in the worst of times.

For that same reason, I tag @Chidamari Sketch and @Squid-chan. You're both great.

@TheGoldenDuck For being a really cool guy who is always nice to talk to.

Woah firstly thanks @Ghost Diplocaulus and @LazySpy for the mentions! I’ll go as well:

- @LazySpy you’re the GOAT (greatest of all time) mate and one of the best people on these forums. Even if we disagree lol. Absolute legend.
- @TheGoldenDuck and @dawn dusk you guys are really chill people and fun to talk to.
- @Ghost Diplocaulus, @Lightning Flame Blast and @Eclipsical all have insightful and entertaining posts on the A&M section in particular. Also @Hidden Mew you do that on top of being a great moderator as well.
- @Esserise and @TechSkylander1518 are similar but for the video games section. You guys are awesome at analysing the games and your posts are so intriguing to read.

It's about time that I send my appreciations. I usually don't post outside of the Fun and Games forum, but all of y'all listed below have made me enjoy my stay at this forum. Here comes a loooong list!
From the Fun and Games Section: (in no particular order)
From the Anime and Manga Section: (and I never have talked to most of you before, but your posts about the anime literally glue my eyes to the screen, no joke)
I'm sorry if I missed you, there's too many people for my smol pea brain to remember. Again, thank you so much. :bulbaLove:

Oh my gosh, what a lovely surprise to come home to! :bulbaLove: Thank you so much for the kind words @empoemperor, @FinnishPokéFan92, and @ii kanji!

This is such a nice, uplifting thread! I do have to say, I spend quite a bit of time in different Pokémon communities around the internet and Bulbagarden is easily the most fun (and probably the most sane, too!) It's always fun to log on each day and see what everyone's talking about!

Definitely want to shout out a few people who I always love seeing around:

- @Hidden Mew who has already mentioned, is a totally awesome mod and always has great thoughts to add to almost every thread! I always look forward to reading your posts because they are always so nicely detailed, and I usually find that I agree with them right down to the letter OR that I'm learning something new/getting a different and interesting perspective on a topic, which I really appreciate!

- @ii kanji who is just an all around super lovely person! Very easy to talk to; it honestly feels like we've been friends forever and we've never even met outside of these forums! Also, your love and enthusiasm for Team Rocket as characters is insanely contagious and it's gotten to the point where I get really excited for quality Team Rocket episodes just to see yours and others super excited responses and reviews (also shouting out @TRNatalie, @Jez, and @SonansuMan in regards to the really cool Team Rocket fandom...your positivity on these boards does not go unnoticed!)

- @FinnishPokéFan92 who I also love to see responding to so many different topics! Always enjoyable to respond to and fun to share anime thoughts with! The Obscure Anime Trivia Thread also just so happens to be one of my favorite reads, so thanks to you for starting that one up!

- @KrspaceT who is always posting such different, interesting questions on the anime board that I have so much fun not only answering myself, but also reading everyone else's responses! I love talking about the anime itself, but getting to dive a little beyond what the show just gives us and delve more into personal headcanons or opinions is just super enjoyable and I always get excited when I see a new thread posted!

The Obscure Anime Trivia Thread also just so happens to be one of my favorite reads, so thanks to you for starting that one up!
This really warmed up my heart! I'm glad to hear you enjoy it so much! Words can't express how happy you've made me by saying this! You're more than welcome, fellow #AniPoke fan!

I've done this already, but I'll do it again, this time with more details
@Skalesgon for making me laugh. We also share alot of interests. I enjoy playing games with you
@EternalPokéFanGirl for being a very nice person who is fun to talk to.
@Foxy Veez and @BigDocFan for being very active and funny on F&G
@empoemperor for having good answers and having a good sense of humor.
@NMLewis and @Rainbow Cloud for being great mods on the Art thread and having good art shops.
@Max1996 and @FinnishPokéFan92 for posting great images on the Saved Images and Random Images threads.
@Tactician Karina for having good answers on the What Pokemon Would the Characters have? thread.
@Ghost Diplocaulus for detailed and thought out answers on most threads.
@BlazingPyro77 for the love of Grookey.
@Shadel0rd and @Chevywolf30 they are very nice people.
And basically anyone I'm following :LOL: Sorry If I forgot anyone
And I did forget people oops
@SpinyShell and @Squid-chan and @Chidamari Sketch and @occtopus executive you all have very detailed responses
@Neyo @TheGoldenDuck for sharing some of my interests and having good answers.
@L4PR4S for being really funny
@Maniacal Engineer for the April fools event and random messgaes fun and also for creating my favorite thread (kill the thread)
@MegaPod for having interesting answers in the Kill the Thread thread. and funny images in the image threads also.
Also, @MysteryFalls, @TheGoldenDuck @dawn dusk @Champion1 @Alpine64 and @Revolutionary Girl seem very nice and fun.
And lastly, all the mods.

Last edited:
@Musical Elton is either supremely committed to the bit or had consumed a few too many bowls of Coco Pops that morning, but it's safe to say that the man was on fire when Rainbow Rocket rolled into town.
Given that is was Passover, I can assure you that I did not consume any coco pops.
I just enjoy getting into character. :p

Now, I’m definitely not going to sell you short. You helped out with the Team RR takeover across multiple projects, and were also extremely fun to interact with throughout the day.
Also @Just a Torchic @EternalPokéFanGirl @skywaffles and @Alpine64 were great sports and played along. :D

Given that is was Passover, I can assure you that I did not consume any coco pops.
I just enjoy getting into character. :p

Now, I’m definitely not going to sell you short. You helped out with the Team RR takeover across multiple projects, and were also extremely fun to interact with throughout the day.
Also @Just a Torchic @EternalPokéFanGirl @skywaffles and @Alpine64 were great sports and played along. :D
Thanks, that was a fun event! :DGood job mods

Long post time because I have a lot of users to appreciate (I'll keep it short so I'm not writing a whole essay)

@SpinyShell Thank you for answering my questions in the Writer's Workshop and for your help in that forum in general.
@Beth Pavell Thank you for answering all of my questions, especially when it comes to ratings.
@Greninjaman Thank you for chatting in the Writer's Workshop General Discussion Thread.
@empoemperor @Rainfall thank you for the support in the Venting Thread
@Lightning Flame Blast @Ryker101 @Chevywolf30 @Mewthree/ミュウスリー @Champion1 @LazySpy (and really anyone who responds to my status updates) Thanks for reading my status updates, wherever the emotional pendulum swings
@Fan of Jarrus @GalacticRonpa @MysteryFalls Thanks for being cool in Fun and Games.
@Orchid Thank you for being so supportive and such a great presence on the forums.
@EternalPokéFanGirl Thank you for being so kind, supportive, and understanding (and for all the stuff in Fun and Games and for the love on my headcanons blog)
@skywaffles Thank you for fun in Fun and Games and for being so supportive and kind
@Maniacal Engineer @WyndonCalling @swiftgallade46 @Neo Blaze Thank you for being cool staff members

I know I haven't really spoken to a lot of people personally, but I think I've spent enough time around here that I can try to write up one of these now. I'll try my best to keep it brief but there are a lot of awesome people on here to thank.

I greatly appreciate...

@Champion1 , @MysteryFalls , @Jyo Rose , @Fan of Jarrus and @Chevywolf30 for being a delight to have in the Fun & Games/OTB boards and keeping threads alive! You guys seem to be almost everywhere I look on these forums and I feel like it just wouldn't be the same without you all.

@AnimeJewel246 , @ii kanji , @Enzo , @Rainbow-Rain and @Ryker101 for having some totally awesome opinions in the Pokemon Anime and Manga board! It's always a pleasure to see what you have to say on the anime whenever you're around in there and your presence does that board a whole lot of good.

@Sheep , @Maniacal Engineer , @WyndonCalling , @Hidden Mew , and @Enzap for being some very cool staff members. Thank you and absolutely everyone else on the staff for all the hard work you put in making the site as welcoming and amazing as it is every day!

@Just a Torchic for mentioning me here, having some amazingly in-depth headcanons on their blog that I always silently read from a distance, and just generally being a cool and nice person!

@EternalPokéFanGirl and @skywaffles for being a great positive presence on the forums and, again, being a lot of fun in Fun & Games. We've interacted a couple of times before but you guys are always really funny and I love reading your posts!

@Hawthorn for being my best friend, enabling me to be a doofus when no one else will, and putting up with me pestering him to use this site more often :sneaky:

and YOU, the user reading this, because BulbaForums wouldn't be BulbaForums without each and every one of you.

Back
Top Bottom