• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden user appreciation thread

It's been quite some time since I used this thread. Time to appreciate...quite a lot of people. I also might end up repeating a few names, due to having to say something specific to each person, lol. XD

@Hidden Mew @Lightning Flame Blast @R1ke @ii kanji @TRNatalie @EternalPokéFanGirl @LazySpy @Torchic W. Pip @takoyaki @Pskyduck and @Daren for all the lovely and wonderful support I received when I took those two weeks away from the fandom last summer. I appreciate it a LOT.

@Ghost Diplocaulus @Rockapheller @Alola and @Hidden Mew for being very wonderful moderators! To Ghost and Rock specifically, both of you fit right into the moderation team upon your promotion!

@Weddingbells for being incredibly active in the Anime and Manga server. I love reading your posts, not only because I feel as if we are very similar in terms of opinions, but because we're also very different. It's a cool combination and I now look forward to reading your posts anytime I come onto the forums!

@Rainbow-Rain for helping keep the Anime and Manga forums running! Seriously, anytime there's a particularly long period of quiet, you make a post that starts some discussion around here! I like reading quite a lot of your threads and some of the opinions you share are also very specific, meaning the debate and discussion that follows is more focused in nature, something that I, as a natural debater, just can't help to gravitate toward.

@Torchic W. Pip for being a wonderful person and member of this community! Seriously, I enjoy hearing from you quite a lot. We haven't talked in quite a while, recently, thinking about it now, but I still remember our conversations in the past! Thank you so much for being such a kind and wonderful listener, a very active member of this community, and being the glue that holds things together!

@Daren Thanks for being engaging in all these discussions! I really like my discussions with you quite a lot and on a more personal note really appreciate your effort into reviewing my stories on the Writer's Workshop, a place which I am not doing a very good job of staying on. Heh.

Admittedly, speaking of stories...I AM GOING TO READ EVERLIGHT AND MAGIC ACT. It looks realllllllyyyyy interesting, but I just haven't found the time. Admittedly, I was able to write out this post, so I'd imagine sometime during after Saturday! :3

...I think I actually might have missed a lot of people, but these are the people who I've seen fairly active recently and I also had something specific to say to them. I'd say everyone who has contributed to this community, who has helped one another out, who has shared their opinions and thoughts and kept these forums running strong...everyone here deserves to be appreciated! :bulbaLove:

It's been quite some time since I used this thread. Time to appreciate...quite a lot of people. I also might end up repeating a few names, due to having to say something specific to each person, lol. XD

@Hidden Mew @Lightning Flame Blast @R1ke @ii kanji @TRNatalie @EternalPokéFanGirl @LazySpy @Torchic W. Pip @takoyaki @Pskyduck and @Daren for all the lovely and wonderful support I received when I took those two weeks away from the fandom last summer. I appreciate it a LOT.

@Ghost Diplocaulus @Rockapheller @Alola and @Hidden Mew for being very wonderful moderators! To Ghost and Rock specifically, both of you fit right into the moderation team upon your promotion!

@Weddingbells for being incredibly active in the Anime and Manga server. I love reading your posts, not only because I feel as if we are very similar in terms of opinions, but because we're also very different. It's a cool combination and I now look forward to reading your posts anytime I come onto the forums!

@Rainbow-Rain for helping keep the Anime and Manga forums running! Seriously, anytime there's a particularly long period of quiet, you make a post that starts some discussion around here! I like reading quite a lot of your threads and some of the opinions you share are also very specific, meaning the debate and discussion that follows is more focused in nature, something that I, as a natural debater, just can't help to gravitate toward.

@Torchic W. Pip for being a wonderful person and member of this community! Seriously, I enjoy hearing from you quite a lot. We haven't talked in quite a while, recently, thinking about it now, but I still remember our conversations in the past! Thank you so much for being such a kind and wonderful listener, a very active member of this community, and being the glue that holds things together!

@Daren Thanks for being engaging in all these discussions! I really like my discussions with you quite a lot and on a more personal note really appreciate your effort into reviewing my stories on the Writer's Workshop, a place which I am not doing a very good job of staying on. Heh.

Admittedly, speaking of stories...I AM GOING TO READ EVERLIGHT AND MAGIC ACT. It looks realllllllyyyyy interesting, but I just haven't found the time. Admittedly, I was able to write out this post, so I'd imagine sometime during after Saturday! :3

...I think I actually might have missed a lot of people, but these are the people who I've seen fairly active recently and I also had something specific to say to them. I'd say everyone who has contributed to this community, who has helped one another out, who has shared their opinions and thoughts and kept these forums running strong...everyone here deserves to be appreciated! :bulbaLove:
Awwwwwww thank you :D
Yeah I'm here alot because I got no one in my life who watches the anime. Also I look forward to your post too

OH MY GOSH!
THAT'S SO SWEET!

I'M ABSOLUTELY FLATTERED.

I never expected to see something like this! Thank you so much for actually reading and enjoying my posts! :bulbaLove:
d2ede029436068ffd878b33b742a4312.gif

I think it’s time I pay my dues and toss my own mushy thoughts I’ve been stewing on here since it’s the prime place to do it! I can’t believe it’s only been about a month or so since my train pulled into this station, it feels like so much has happened… I’ve already made so many friends and bonds. I hope we can all get closer and closer! If I say everything I want to say about these wonderful people I’ve met, this post would turn into a giant brick wall LMAO so I’ll do my verrry best to keep it as concise as I can, but I make no promises. I’m not good at them… but please accept my love words!

@colours — I know we started chatting for real pretty recently, but I like to believe I have this special hidden skill that allows me to get a read on people pretty swiftly, and when you messaged me about our shared taste in music, I knew something about you told me we’d start to become friends! I felt like there was a spark of light when we started sharing our tunes, LOL. You have such a calm and sweet air about you, and I already think of you when I see Shaymin! I also get the feeling you don’t know how cool you are, so I hope this post enlightens you on that fact! You’re kind, and your sense of humor is great, I’m glad my joke fights with Kerf never troubled you or made you walk away LMAO. I hope to become even better friends! You’re so cool, and I can tell you always put your best foot forward. Let’s play FFXIV sometime when Yoshi-P gives us rights!

@ConfectionerMari — I haven’t seen you in a bit Mari so I was getting worried, I'm glad you're back, Mari! I hope school isn’t keeping you too busy. I’d never forget you that easily. Mari… You and Lisia are like my two little siblings, which feels strange to say since all my life I’VE been the little sister, LOL, but you guys are teaching me what that’s all about! You and I have the same sense of fashion, and your love of baking is something I aspire to take after (I seriously don’t do it enough)! I know you have your own struggles, and they’re pretty tough at your age (I know I sound old… LOL), but I’m here for you, and I know you’ll stand stronger and stronger. You helped me be more proud of who I am by sharing our love of fashion! I hope to eat your poffins someday. Let's talk more about Vocaloid together!

@KerfishSea — WELL WELL WELL… I was NOT expecting to find my other half yet again here! LOL. You are SO funny. Holy shit I cannot describe how quickly we clicked once we actually got talking. You don’t think you’re nice, but I disagree, you’re SUPER nice. You’re strong and sure of yourself even when people try to beat you down. I’m really thankful you had a heart to heart with me, it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to reach out to someone like that. You genuinely helped me open up to ‘the other side’ of the Bulba community! I feel like I can just be me around you. You and Lisia are definitely the fastest friends I’ve made here, and I hope we can continue to fire roasts at each other for years to come, my fellow Subway Master. LMAO, and thank you for all the memes, you have stellar tastes. I hate you (affectionate). Thank you for listening to the real me.
1654379734928.png

@CuboneKing — CUBONE!! Holy shit, I’m gonna be mushy I’m sorry, LOL. I did not expect to be struck so deeply by your words the first time you replied to my blog, it was the kind of tinge of pain I get when a friend somehow words what I’ve been through perfectly, as if they know too. It’s something that I still think about, and that reason is why I know you’re someone so deeply ingrained in my mind as a friend. I know you’ve been through just as much if not more, and you’re still a real fighter. This is going to sound really silly, but we read like two battle-worn knights or something, weathered by what life has thrown at us so we meet in a pub or something to exchange tales and reminisce. LMAO. We share that demeanor of taking life as it comes, and it’s all the more reason I know we’ll get through it together. Troubles aside, I genuinely am so happy that you’ve been able to share your music compositions with me! I know my excitement can come off as exaggerated but I want to keep insisting it is 100% the TRUTH! You have insane talent that just hasn’t been seen yet, and I hope to see more and more of your craft. I hope to keep yelling about music with you!!

@Torchic W. Pip — Pip!! I know our conversations have been off the wall chatter, but you've already made a place in my heart as my friend! Is that okay?? Will you be my friend?? LOL I love your passion for your work and Wallace as a character! If I'm being truly honest... seeing your writing and how driven you are has given me courage to consider sharing my own fanfics! You're very sweet and someone I want to keep rooting for! Thank you for being a shining light of encouragement for me! You're very strong! Please keep being yourself!

@Cresselia92 — Same as Pip above in that I knoooow our conversations have been a bit here and there, but I could tell from those alone that you're a total sweetheart and you carry a passion in your art I could only hope to achieve! (Did I mention your art is like?! Insanely good?! It has such a professional quality!) I'm still a little timid and worried I bother you a bit... But you're really such a genuine person and I hope to talk more with you about all sorts of things you like! (Just hearing you also like CLAMP made my eyes light up so much, LOL) And same about your fics! You're a source of inspiration and encouragement, and I've started reading your work... It's so full of life! I genuinely feel inspired! I hope this isn't too much... LOL thank you...

@Orchid — Orchid... Omg where to beginnnn... So I know a lot of what I've written so far is like 'feelings'/'auras' I get off of everyone (I'm just that kind of person?!) so I'm sorry if I'm totally being a weirdo, but you just seem like the kind of friend I can sit in a room with in pure, serene silence just enjoying each other's company. Does that make sense? I'm more of a listener than a talker, and it kind of feels like you're the same way! Even so, we both have some pretty aligned interests, so I always love to hear from you, even just seeing you react to my posts lights up my day. Your art is also incredible, I know I've told you that like 398439483483 times, but it's true!! It has such a soft and warm feeling, I always race to your art thread when I see you've got something new to share! LOL. I want to be your #1 fan! I hope we can play Minecraft together, I'm still pretty new to the game myself, so it'd be fun to have adventures to bumble through together. You're an irreplaceable friend, thank you!

@takoyaki — You didn't think I forgot you, did you?! Something something saving the best for last and all that... LOL, but really I just wanted to save your post for last so I had all my thoughts in order! Lisia, you welcomed me to the forums with such an essence of light about you. I'm really sorry I'm so bad with words, I don't feel like I ever convey what I mean properly or with as much heart as I feel, so I hope you and everyone I thanked here knows what I mean! I know I've mentioned it briefly before, but back when I was your age (I sound old LOL) I was at such a rough point in my life... so whenever I see how brightly you shine, how kind and happy you are, I want nothing to take that away. It's such a wonderful thing to see, and I only want to see you have great things in life! Of course, I know life is full of ups and downs, so there will be inevitable cloudy days... but I hope I can be someone there for you through those trials and tribulations. いつもお世話になっております! Thank you for giving someone as timid as me your time, it fills me with so much comfort to know you exist. Let's keep yelling and screaming about things we like! LOL 一緒に線路の上を進んでいきましょう!

With that, uhmm... I'm sorry if this all sounds really cliche or silly! I really mean all of it! I know it hasn't been long yet, but I've already felt a pretty deep impression from all of these wonderful people! Thank you for giving me such kindness... I'm really sorry if this was a lot to read! This little place... this little station... it's already somewhere I'd like to keep returning to. Aaaahhh, thank you! Thank you!

@Orchid — Orchid... Omg where to beginnnn... So I know a lot of what I've written so far is like 'feelings'/'auras' I get off of everyone (I'm just that kind of person?!) so I'm sorry if I'm totally being a weirdo, but you just seem like the kind of friend I can sit in a room with in pure, serene silence just enjoying each other's company. Does that make sense? I'm more of a listener than a talker, and it kind of feels like you're the same way! <snip>
That's not weird to me at all (I'm just that kind of person too) - I totally understand what you mean!

Seriously, it's so hard to believe you've only been here a little over a month; maybe this is just how I see it, but you've already become such a large and well-loved presence around the forums that it feels like you've been here much longer.

I'm definitely a bit on the quieter/reserved side around here compared to others - but it makes me happy to hear that's not a drag for you!
I always appreciate seeing your heartfelt sincerity and enthusiasm... and I very much admire your unwavering compassion and fortitude as a person as well. Thanks for being cool Blanc :bulbaLove:

@Torchic W. Pip — Pip!! I know our conversations have been off the wall chatter, but you've already made a place in my heart as my friend! Is that okay?? Will you be my friend?? LOL I love your passion for your work and Wallace as a character! If I'm being truly honest... seeing your writing and how driven you are has given me courage to consider sharing my own fanfics! You're very sweet and someone I want to keep rooting for! Thank you for being a shining light of encouragement for me! You're very strong! Please keep being yourself!
Ahhh thank you so much for the kind words!! And yes we can be friends ^^ Tbh, I sometimes get a bit worried that I talk too much about my favorite characters, but I'm glad that passion is inspiring. I can't wait to see your work if and when you ever decide to share it! Rooting for you, too :bulbaLove:

@KerfishSea — WELL WELL WELL… I was NOT expecting to find my other half yet again here! LOL. You are SO funny. Holy shit I cannot describe how quickly we clicked once we actually got talking. You don’t think you’re nice, but I disagree, you’re SUPER nice. You’re strong and sure of yourself even when people try to beat you down. I’m really thankful you had a heart to heart with me, it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to reach out to someone like that. You genuinely helped me open up to ‘the other side’ of the Bulba community! I feel like I can just be me around you. You and Lisia are definitely the fastest friends I’ve made here, and I hope we can continue to fire roasts at each other for years to come, my fellow Subway Master. LMAO, and thank you for all the memes, you have stellar tastes. I hate you (affectionate). Thank you for listening to the real me.
Im not crying- You're crying shut up-

I've gotta shoutout @Fitzy3386 because omg you've just been so nice to me :bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove: When I was first starting out as a staff member, you were so nice and supportive. When I was going through hell, you were there to help me and get me through it. You're also just..... really fun to talk to. And really funny. So, uh, yeah. Thanks for being epic.

@takoyaki — You didn't think I forgot you, did you?! Something something saving the best for last and all that... LOL, but really I just wanted to save your post for last so I had all my thoughts in order! Lisia, you welcomed me to the forums with such an essence of light about you. I'm really sorry I'm so bad with words, I don't feel like I ever convey what I mean properly or with as much heart as I feel, so I hope you and everyone I thanked here knows what I mean! I know I've mentioned it briefly before, but back when I was your age (I sound old LOL) I was at such a rough point in my life... so whenever I see how brightly you shine, how kind and happy you are, I want nothing to take that away. It's such a wonderful thing to see, and I only want to see you have great things in life! Of course, I know life is full of ups and downs, so there will be inevitable cloudy days... but I hope I can be someone there for you through those trials and tribulations. いつもお世話になっております! Thank you for giving someone as timid as me your time, it fills me with so much comfort to know you exist. Let's keep yelling and screaming about things we like! LOL 一緒に線路の上を進んでいきましょう!
うわあああたしは、超うれしいです!本当にありがとうございます本当にlike WOW just you're 最高 really!

First of all the fact that you even decided to do this just shows how much of an amazing and kind person you are!!

But I'm glad I was able to welcome you onto here like that. I really feel like, it would have been absolutely different, if we didn't connect right out of the gate. And I'm incredibly glad that we were able to do so. And I understand what you mean! Even if not, actions speak really loudly too so the fact that you took time to type all this out shows how you feel about all of us! I hope that I'll continue to have all the good in life! Of course, that's almost impossible and もちろん暗い日が来る、でも。。。それはただの人生です!!何が起こっても、元気になってみたい!I really do think that you'll be there for me for whatever and for that I'm the luckiest girl ever to have youーあたしの友達になってくれて。。。喜んでいます。いつもお世話になっております!But そちらこそ, I want to be here for you too! Whatever comes in life, I'll always be on your sideeeeeeeeee☆ no matter what! I'm grateful to have you and that you exist! Even if you are timid, even if you're whatever, you're here, and that's what matters!!! たいていに叫び声で話すのが嫌いでも。。。お姉さんと一緒に、絶対しますわ!行きましょう~!

thank you so much for giving me so much joy. この世界にたくさんたくさん人がいます。でもお姉さんだけのようになりたい。頑張ります! これからも。。。「ええ、正しい言葉がない。英語も日本語も。あ、今いいこと思いました!」なんか、もっといい友達になりましょう!

Again...本当にthank you big sis :) I can't imagine life without you.

@takoyaki your enthusiasm is so encouraging and lovely to see. I really appreciate your levels of care for the site. :bulbaLove:
Gonna second this too, she's very sincerely a ray of sunshine around here. Things wouldn't be the same without ya Lisia.
aaaaaa thank you SO MUCH!!! that's so kind OMG but I'm really glad that I can be a help to everyone here and make bulba an amazing place!!!! I'll keep trying my best for it but it's thanks to having amazing examples in staff and the fact that everyone is supportive too!! you all have an amazing part to play so thank you for it!!

@Enzap thank you so much for helping me with learning new things! I'm really grateful to have someone as skilled and patient as you to give me guidance!!

Couple of Staff shout-outs:

1660512115988.png

The entire News team - but especially @AllenWarrior and @Archaic - have been getting up articles at an incredible pace of late, and it's an important ingredient in ensuring Bulba's image is one of activity, vim and community relevance.

Secondly, the entire mod team that was taken on at the beginning of the year, but especially @takoyaki, whose enthusiasm has begun to translate into real dedication and nous across multiple aspects of the site. You're all real assets!

aaaah thank you so much, both of you :bulbaLove: bulba has given me a lot so giving back seems like a natural thing to do! I've been having so much fun in the process of giving back too~!

I do want to extend my thanks to some people! I worry that I'll be repeating things but...when people are in your life that much, it's only natural, I think? Maybe!!!

as for staff-related things:

@Enzap thank you again for your advisment and teaching me about how managing a social media account works!! It's been a fun time so far and I appreciate you letting me on~

@WyndonCalling thank you for the thank-you!! And, thank you for also accepting me into the social media team! ~~(and for letting me recycle some of your Twitter memes sparingly lol)~~

@Archaic thank you very much for helping me figure out forum theming! It's still a BIG WIP for me, but... it's something else that's appealing to me and I'm glad to broaden my horizons with it!! And, thank you for news stuff as always!

as for, personal things:

@Torchic W. Pip you give me motivation to write, work on theming, and I really appreciate that! Talking with you is very fun, and I hope that I'll be able to bounce ideas off you in the future!!

@Frozen Fennec LUNIE!!!!! I am ever awaiting your magnificent debut and will be your numberonefan!!!!! But even as you make your rise to stardom!!! I hope I can continue talking with you~ chatting about VTuber stuff or music or anime or games, really anything, is fun! I always enjoy it when I get "beep boop" from you!! I hope I can do what you aim to do someday soon! Collab someday~ lol!

@ConfectionerMari MARIIIII although you can't say hi all the time, it's very awesome seeing you when you can! I think you're growing into your true anime protagonist self, and I LOVE to see it :) Let's keeeep on goinggggg!!!

@CuboneKing hiiiii!!!! it'd be pretty neat if we both ended up in the same college class LMAO, uhmmmm on a more serious side!! thank you for saying hello to everyone! hearing you talk about music is always very fun!

@Orchid it's been VERY fun hanging out with you and Blanc lately, listening to music and watching you two draw (amazingly!!) is a really big comfort for me actually. Having you pop in and say hi seems like more of a regular occurrence nowadays, but I like it like that, as long as you're comfortable with it!!!

@ShieldDoesPixels i need stickers of your art i will put them all across town and all over my school on random cars wherever whenever i will go on a one woman sticker rampage

@colours regardless of your disputed status as an Australian or not, it's a very pleasant surprise when you reveal yourself unto us!!

Well, I think that's it!! Bye everyoneeeee~

...I bet that faked out exactly zero people!!! you knew what was cominggggg~

@Blanc my big sis... I'm trying to reinforce it!!! To you!! the fact that you're the greatest person to ever exist! you share your art, VOCALOID knowledge, your kindness, advice, love, and even your Pokémon with me, and for that I'm ever and ever, forever grateful for you and for all that you do for me. I'm happy to call you my oneesan~ :)

Now time for the Japanese portion of this!!!!!! :) お姉さんがいるときに本当に幸せの感じがする。お姉さんだけのおかげで、この夏は本当に最高の夏になってきた。たくさん大変なことで困っても。。。いろんな風にお姉さんにぜひ絶対、なりたい。thank you so much for being yourself and for making me feel like I'm 愛されている and valued. even if the days are hard, I'll always be by your side oneesan. especially if the days are hard. 明日はきっといい天気。I'm very grateful that I've been blessed with you :) ずっとお姉さんのそばにいるわよ。

Last edited:
@EmCeeChupi the Undying
Very nice person and funny person it makes fun to post on his profile posts.

@MissDelibirda
I like her artworks and she is a nice person.
Everytime i see her profile pictures there are incredible artworks (from her or from the web)

@Nicolas721
Super open and friendly person, I like that!
Thank you for sharing your nowledge!

@Orchid
You’re welcome, and thank you, Orchid! That’s really flattering to hear someone else say that about me. Maybe even a bit weird, in that best, can’t-believe-anyone-would-do-that-for-me kind of way, haha. I appreciate it, truly. I hope that I can continue making people happy here.

Now, I think it’s my turn to give some of that love back to you guys! I actually pretty much appreciate everyone here, haha, as most everyone here is awesome in their own unique and beautiful ways. But at this moment, I’d like to single out:

@Blanc
For being a wonderful onee-san to Lisia, an amazingly talented artist, a remarkably strong and brave young woman, and an altogether lovely human being whose light has shined bright in the relatively small amount of time that you’ve been here so far. I hope that we have much more time ahead of us to show support and love for one another as friends.

@Torchic W. Pip
For being a real buddy who I can share ideas and passions with, and for that little motto of yours that I still remember: “take care of yourself; you matter”. Something that I don’t always take to heart enough, and something that always reminds me of you. Like with Blanc, I think that you’re a wonderfully strong and brave person yourself — perhaps more than you might think — and I always appreciate the insights that you bring in both your writing and outside of it. I have no doubt that you’ll grow into someone wonderful. Hey, you’re pretty wonderful already, haha! Keep believing in yourself, and know that you’ll always have a fan in me!

@Jewel the Quaxly
For always being a strong and thoughtful contributor to the Anime & Manga section among other places, and for having the strength and courage to put yourself first, in the best possible way. You’re inspiring, and you should feel proud of yourself and what you’ve contributed to the discussions and general atmosphere here. So thanks for being here! I’ll always look forward to anything you have to say. (And for any future writing projects you might have in the pipeline, haha.)

And finally…

@Hidden Mew
For being an absolute stalwart member of this community, especially the Anime & Manga section. We’ve never really crossed paths before, but I’ve seen you everywhere for a long time. And as far as I can see, you’ve always been one of the more measured and dependable moderators here, all while contributing plenty of strong commentary and insights to the various discussions here yourself. I appreciate your presence here and your clear passion for both this community and the franchise; why else would you stick around for this long, haha? Anyways, I hope to continue seeing your name here, along with the quiet passion and dedication that I’ve come to associate with it for all of these years.

To everyone else who I may have come across not mentioned here, please blame my head, and not my heart. And my typing capacity at late hours of the evening, haha. I’m literally up all night writing about you all… anyways, thank you, everyone, for any kind words that you might have shared with me, whether in the present or the past. Truly, I appreciate you all more than you know.

Back
Top Bottom