• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden, who're your favorite Pokétubers? (or streamers!)

• FalseSwipeGaming: I've watched their videos for years, always enjoyed seeing the competitive history of all kinds of Pokemon (even though I'm not a competitive player myself.)
  • Jwittz: I've been watching his videos for years, I enjoy his other Nintendo content in addition to Pokemon. (Though because he's a father now, he doesn't upload as much as he used to.)
  • Tama Hero: I've also watched her videos for years, though I've been waning on her in recent years for one reason or another.
  • Lumiose Trainer Zac: Though I don't watch his videos that often, I usually enjoy when I do as he's a fellow fan of the Pokemon anime with some great feedback and opinions.
  • MandJTV: I enjoy watching his videos every once in a while.

Last edited:
Oh yeah Lumiose Trainer Zac is great. He’s very sensible with his opinions and makes enjoyable anipoke vids. I watched pretty much all his journeys review vids and he hardly misses. He breaks down the ep concisely and gives a good indicator on if it’s good or not

Patterz: I haven’t really seen his name mentioned but he’s really entertaining. I’d say I mostly watch him for his reaction content instead of his Pokémon content
Lumiose Trainer Zac: He’s my go-to for Pokémon Anime and gives his latest opinions on the latest stuff without dipping down too far in quality.
Bird Keeper Toby: His Pokémon Theories give me ideas for stories based on Pokémon it’s a shame he’ll be doing other things as he announced at the beginning of the year.
Pedro Araujo: He’s a great storyteller and like Toby, an inspiration for my writing. Even if his lore ideas don’t match up to mine, his stories are still as legendary as a Ho-Oh. (Note: Pedro Araujo makes Pokémon Animations combining his own ideas, popular fan theories, the Pokémon manga, and the games to make one cohesive story)

PMD gang - Fun PMD videos. PMD prologue from Gengar's POV is my favorite (coming from someone who usually doesn't like fanfictions!).

The RThor - Interesting analysis of the female protagonists in the anime. My favorite video is the one called "What's wrong with being girly?".

Kaihatsu - Analysis of the cultural inspirations behind the games and movies. The Hoopa movie analysis is my favorite. Looking forward to the PLA video that will analyze (criticize?) the Ainu content in the game (if it ever comes out lol).

The Ruins Maniac Files - Good analysis of the religious themes in the Gen 5 games (Team Plasma).

Absol-utely - Good library of all Pokémon Masters story content.

Poceman - More Pokémon Masters content (more gameplay focused).

IlexEmily - Musician reacts to the Pokémon themes.

Dogasu's backpack - Interviews with the Pokémon Shock victims (with subtitles in English).

Crystal_ - Fun glitches in the Gen 1-2 games.

PokeSuutami - Great and accurate translations of Japanese content by a native speaker who knows English.

Truegreen7 - Nice relaxing videos. I like his videos about music and the most popular character poll was interesting.

Lockstin & Gnoggin - Interesting analysis videos. My favorite is the theory video about the Gen 1 rival secretly being a part of Team Rocket (even though it's very old lol).

Tama Hero - Mostly for nostalgia. I loved her old Gen 3 hack videos when I was younger.

GatorEX - Not sure what to say about this guy but I like him for some reason. Interesting analysis of the human character designs.

Oakwyrm - Not a Poketuber but I like his analysis of how disability is portrayed in Detective Pikachu.

I really like Imported Cheese. His videos are so funny and clever. His series on Pokemon Green glitches are legit amazing, as well as his videos where he puts pokedex entries into a write with AI website.

back when i was really into competitive, i watched pokeaimmd for his competitive breakdown and interesting showdown battles. these days i rarely watch many poketubers, buuuut whenever i do:

• wolfeyvgc: has interesting takes regarding game mechanics and stuff that i watch. mostly his ranking videos and all that - i don't really watch his vgc stuff.
  • temp6t: idk if he even would "count" as a poketuber? more like a showdown uploader but i'm including him here anyway because his showdown battles are funny as hell with how upset he makes people with his gimmicky strategies lol

that's about it

I just, more or less, watch two Brazilian Pokemon youtubers, Camaleão and Lee Gengar.

The first is more informative and has the anime as its main focus (reasons why I haven't been watching it recently). The second used to focus more on trivia/curiosities of the Pokémon world and on the franchise's games, while currently it also pays attention to Official Pokémon Competitions.

In addition, Camaleão always tries to inform us about the Japanese view of anime and other aspects of the franchise, while Lee is more concerned with the perception of Brazilians.

Not a whole lot that I watch, honestly, but my favorite has got to be SmallAnt (though he doesn't just make Pokémon-related videos). I enjoy watching his stories he uploads about how he completes crazy challenges in the series that he streams.

Last edited:
Dobbs - Entertaining guy who often mixes facts and humor together

MandJTV - For much the same reasons, also Team Sky and Grunty Boi / Man lore

BlueBoyPhin - Covers obscure trivia from games that are often very unknown or only by a few people

Dr. Lava - Generally does collab videos these days but covers old interviews that have helped give a lot of insight into the creation of process of older games and Pokémon

Pikasprey - There's just something really funny about setting up save files that are a literal hell to try escaping from without having to start a new save file

The Duel Logs - While he does mainly cover Yu-Gi-Oh cards lore and history, he recently started another channel called The Dex Logs for covering Pokémon card history

Truegreen7 - Creates new and original Pokémon designs which are always cool

MysticUmbreon - Top 10 lists and other trivia of interest over the series

PapaSea - A mix of gaming lore / trivia and beating games as intended from strategy guides

FalseSwipeGaming - Competitive Pokémon vcg videos and how Pokémon either got better, worse, or stayed at roughly the same tier with joke vides added in here and there (Ledian and Delibird for example)

WolfeyVCG - For similar reasons to FSG and being a fantastic teacher for helping people learn how to play competitive Pokémon

Patternz - Have started to see their videos in the past year, pretty cool guy who does skits to illustrate points in vids, always fun to watch

PM7 - Finds shinies so easily, also fun to see his reactions

temp6t - Often does Showdown videos where people tend to rage over not understanding game mechanics or not understanding how their "overpowered" team could lose to "cheese" or "cheating" strats. Has also shown he can hold his own against most Uber teams with creative setups

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom