• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Winter Fundraiser

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Hopefully, everyone's enjoying the Holiday season--the Bulbagarden staff is. Unfortunately, our server, Erika, isn't having such a good holiday; as I'm sure you've noticed, everything's been running quite slow lately. This is due to increased load on the server; the more popular we get, the slower the site runs. The cost of doing business, I suppose.

An easy way to remedy this would be to buy more RAM. But RAM is expensive. It would cost us $25 a month to add an additional 1024megs of RAM to the server, and the staff doesn't have infinitely deep pockets (I wish we did.)

Consequently, we're turning to you, members of Bulbagarden. There's a new PayPal donation link in the top bar of BMGf; it'd be absolutely awesome if you guys could give Bulbagarden a little holiday donation. $5 or $10 is more than enough--but you can keep the site in good shape for a whole month if you just chip in $25. Anyone who contributes any amount, whether it be a single dollar or a full month's worth of RAM costs, will be rewarded with a nifty little "Bulbagarden Benefactor" logo under their name, as a special usergroup, so everyone can know about your contributions. You don't need a PayPal account to transfer money through PayPal, either--a credit card will do just fine. If you're interested in other ways of payment, namely checks or money orders, contact Archaic or myself, we'll give you the contact information.

So please, help keep Bulbagarden running the way you expect it to, quickly and efficiently. Chip in and give Erika a little holiday cheer; donate to support our RAM fund.

Thanks guys!
~Evan and the rest of the Bulbagarden staff.

Just a quick note....since this particular person went through the donations page on Bulbapedia, and so wasn't logged by the new donations system here on the forums, I'd just like to extend a special thanks to Josh Mirman of Stubble Comics, a.k.a. exo, the original founder of TRHQ, for his recent donation towards Bulbagarden and the Bulbapedia.

Wow, I haven't heard from Josh in a long time. This certainly is a pleasant surprise.

I'd like to make a donation to Bulbagarden. ^_^

I'm getting quite a bit of money in, thanks to my birthday and the upcoming holidays, so I think donating to my favorite Pokemon site would be a great idea.

However, I don't have a Pay Pal account.

I have a debit card, which has the Visa logo on it. But I've never charged anything on it. I only use it to take money out of my bank account (debit).

Anyway, I was wondering, would it work if I made a donation using my debit card? Or does it have to be credit/money order?

Yay! Thanks, Kasumi! ^^

And just out of curiosity, when I donate, could my name possibly change to italics? XD

Or are the cool name changes (bold, italic, etc) just for mods?

I've been seeing a lot of people with different style user names lately, so I was wondering about that.

Oh yes, now that Lisa brings it up, why is my name not in italics?

When did you donate, nYoo? I haven't recieved anything on Paypal from you, I think, unless the system hasn't paid it up with your name for some reason.

Those things are just for mods Lisa, sorry. We've been fiddling with the styles a bit recently though, as we've recently brought back the S-Mod rank, which kind of threw the old system into disarray. You will get the donator tag under your name, however.

Ah! So that's who that donation came from. That one came in via the Bulbapedia donations page, which isn't tied into the system on the forums. I'll go manually add in your donation.
Oh, I see. The wiki site notice on Bulbapedia and Bulbanews linked to the Bulbapedia donation page, which is why I used it for the donation. :S
I totally forgot that I should have included my user name in the comment field, but I think that web accept thing didn't even let me enter anything in the comment field. o.o"

Last edited:
Those things are just for mods Lisa, sorry. We've been fiddling with the styles a bit recently though, as we've recently brought back the S-Mod rank, which kind of threw the old system into disarray. You will get the donator tag under your name, however.
Oh, I see.

Heh, mods are so lucky!! XD

Anyway, that's fine. I'll still get the donator tag, and that's pretty cool. :)

Oh, I see. The wiki site notice on Bulbapedia and Bulbanews linked to the Bulbapedia donation page, which is why I used it for the donation. :S
I totally forgot that I should have included my user name in the comment field, but I think that web accept thing didn't even let me enter anything in the comment field. o.o"

Whoops. We'll need to redirect those ones over to the new forums based system.

They can't participate in the raffle though. ;)
Oh yeah, that's true.

Hehe. :-D

And by the way, just so everyone knows, I'll have to wait until Thursday or Friday to make my donation. My mom recently put more money in my account, so I have to wait at least a day for that to register.

Oh, and we get one raffle ticket for each dollar we donate? That's so awesome! I'll donate as much as I can! ^^

Enjoy my hard earned $15.

...so I just earned 15 raffle tickets? Nifty.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom