• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. A card in-game in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy was never physically released in English (in any edition or reprint). How many TCG cards have been based on the same character as that card?
I've dug up multiple cards that answer the question. I'm wondering, does a Pokemon count as a character or does it mean a person such as Bill or Lass?

The Imakuni? cards and there were 12 of them made because if you battle Imakuni? a certain amount of times he gives you one of those 12 cards

and answer the question with Imakuni? on the first part and 12 on the second part

I've gotten 3 of them correct so far I'm pretty sure. One of the remaining requires a lot of work to find which I'm too lazy for, and the other I've no idea how to find it.

Regarding the fifth question, do both VIZ's and Chuang Yi's English translations count? Or only the VIZ translations?

Just submitted my answers after checking them through. Good luck to everyone!

For question 2, when you say "Pokémon anime," do you include the feature-length films with the television episodes? Some of the fandom does not consider the movies a canon part of the anime, so this is ambiguous.

Thanks in advance for clarifying. ^_^

I have a couple questions.

For question 4, I am certain what character it is. However, when I first accessed the page for that character, there was a list of related cards. Sometime after, the page was updated and a new list was there.
The main issue here is that the new list omitted one card from the original list and added a new card. The card removed was a Stadium Card that has a picture of the character (and another reference to the character in the Illus. section), does this card still count?
Also, the card added was a reprint of an existing card. Normally I'd say this doesn't count, but the reprint changed up some things, such as becoming a Supporter card. Does this card count on its own (so instead of 55 cards for the answer, it'd be 56) or is it treated as the same as the original?
I know this question was answered on the Twitter page, but I still couldn't tell if it should be added into the final total or not.
Is it okay if I answer the question and list each card and write something like: 55, 56 counting reprints (<insert card here> was reprinted).

For question 5, are we going by Chuang Yi, VizMedia, or both? I actually didn't realize this till I saw the Twitter page. Do we use the 2003 manga or the other one? I mainly ask this because the Twitter page said that the 2003 one lacks confirming info, so would that mean it doesn't count?

I really apologize for asking these questions, I hope they are somewhat answerable without giving away too much. I just really want to be sure before submitting my answers.
Thank you for your time and for even having the giveaway!

I only know two of the answers and maybe a third if I think about it so I guess I'll pass aha. Could cheat but where's the fun in that. A free game I guess but eh I was gonna get it for Xmas so I'd end up with nothing for Xmas aha.

I'm in a bit of a pinch here. I sent in answers to the questions yesterday, fairly certain I got all of them right. But after one of the questions (more specifically question four) was further elaborated on, I realized I had answered it completely wrong. I know I'm not allowed to change my answers, but can there be an exception this time considering the situation?

I just gave up on second guessing everything and sent my entry off. I could find a whole bunch of girls who liked Brock, but not necessarily as a result of him showing his interest in them first, if that's significant. One thing I was wondering about was if we can choose the region for the game? I live in England but have a North American 3DS so I'm okay with what I'd assume is the default region, but many others outside NA won't, obviously. Are Bulbagarden going to check with the winners then somehow buy copies from their specific region? Like go onto Amazon UK or whatever?

I just gave up on second guessing everything and sent my entry off. I could find a whole bunch of girls who liked Brock, but not necessarily as a result of him showing his interest in them first, if that's significant. One thing I was wondering about was if we can choose the region for the game? I live in England but have a North American 3DS so I'm okay with what I'd assume is the default region, but many others outside NA won't, obviously. Are Bulbagarden going to check with the winners then somehow buy copies from their specific region? Like go onto Amazon UK or whatever?
If I understand correctly, there won't be regional versions. All languages will be built in.

If I understand correctly, there won't be regional versions. All languages will be built in.
It's not really a language issue, it's just that all 3DS games are region locked. If this one isn't, I think it's the first one ever.

It's not really a language issue, it's just that all 3DS games are region locked. If this one isn't, I think it's the first one ever.

Considering all seven languages are in the same game, it wouldn't make much sense to do that if each game could only work in one region (and thus only one, two at most, language).

Then again, sense is for the weak.

Sent mine in. 99% sure of the first four. I never have followed the manga, so for #5 I pretty much looked at the list of them and made an (un)educated guess.

Sent my entry.

I'm pretty confident I got the answers correctly.
Not so confident I'll be one of the selected winners. Don't have much luck competing with hundred others.

Considering all seven languages are in the same game, it wouldn't make much sense to do that if each game could only work in one region (and thus only one, two at most, language).
Well first of all, 5 of the languages are for one region; Europe has English, French, Spanish, Italian and German. Then you just have Korean and Japanese. They probably just added the European language and Korean onto the core Japanese ROM. It'll be easier to release simultaneously worldwide if they can just clone the same ROM onto every cart.

But that aside, they region lock so they can price gouge in each region rather than offering a universal price; I'm British, and it's cheaper for me to buy the game from Canada than it is to buy it from a shop down the road - this is only possible 'cause I have a NA 3DS, and most sites are blocked by Nintendo from selling 3DS between different region. I just found a rare online store that ignores that block. It doesn't really make any difference for me if they're offering US copies, but I just thought it would be something to bear in mind if anyone European or Asian wins. There has never been a region-free 3DS game and Nintendo have always said they won't change their stance on that, despite it being ridiculous, so I don't think this will be any different. If the creators of the competition are going on the assumption that it'll be region-free, they might want to look into that.

Edit
Not as if there was any doubt because Nintendo are terrible at this sort of thing, but I just had it confirmed from another forum that the Canadian leak of XY has revealed that the game is region locked. The guy's copy was region-coded for North America. So yeah, since this doesn't seem to have been mentioned, the Bulbaguys should look into this if they haven't already - how exactly are they going to supply people with different region XYs?

Last edited:
Also, the card added was a reprint of an existing card. Normally I'd say this doesn't count, but the reprint changed up some things, such as becoming a Supporter card. Does this card count on its own (so instead of 55 cards for the answer, it'd be 56) or is it treated as the same as the original?

I would also like to know whether reprints should be counted.

I'd assume that starter refers to the families, but I'm not an official source. I sure hope that's what it was referring to.

And the regions thing: Guess I was wrong. I was also unaware that Europe was all one region. So European DSs have all the languages built into their menus?

Thank you for the help, Archaic. Though I do have one last, and a bit embarrassing, question. Is there a way to confirm that an e-mail was received by the "[email protected]" e-mail account? I thought I sent an entry after making a draft of one, but there is no e-mail in either my draft or sent folders. ^.^"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom