• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden X/Y Launch Giveaway: 10 copies of Pokémon X/Y to be given away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
About question 4, do we include the card mentioned in the question?

My answers has been emailed to you guys just in time. I hope my answers are right! It took me sometime to find the answers. Good luck to everyone else who entered!

Everyone keeps talking about the Imakuni? TCG Card, but I don't think that's the right answer. There is a really really simple one that you can find through Bulbapedia that fits the criteria for the question much better. But now I worried because everyone seems to think it's Imakuni? but I've already submitted my answers :-/ Maybe the one I found was too easy...

If I answered considering Pikachu and Eevee as starters (before the clarification was made) do I get disqualified?

Out of curiosity, how quickly will winners be chosen and will replacement winners be chosen if we don't respond to an email confirming that we know we won? I ask because I could be temporarily unavailable depending on circumstances soon and don't want to be disqalified because I was unavailable when winners are chosen.

Also, are they games going to be purchased and sent out by the site staff post-release or is this a sponsored event and games will be sent out from a distributer once available?

Yes

What if we didn't indicate the name of the card? We've been very careful in giving the right answer, that's why we just answered what is clearly asked. The question was the number of cards (There is an unusual card in-game in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy which was physically released in Japanese prior to that game being released, but was never physically released in English (in any edition or reprint). How many TCG cards have been based on the same character as that card?), and the name was not asked. We've already passed around our answers to our friends, and with the remaining time, I don't think not all of them have the time to resend. Is our answer valid or not? It was a group effort.

Out of curiosity, how quickly will winners be chosen and will replacement winners be chosen if we don't respond to an email confirming that we know we won? I ask because I could be temporarily unavailable depending on circumstances soon and don't want to be disqalified because I was unavailable when winners are chosen.

Also, are they games going to be purchased and sent out by the site staff post-release or is this a sponsored event and games will be sent out from a distributer once available?

The games will be purchased as pre-orders prior to the games being released.
Winners will be chosen before tomorrow evening, and will have approx 48 hours to respond. Replacement winners will be chosen (and given 24 hours to respond) if any winner has to be disqualified in this fashion.

Yes

What if we didn't indicate the name of the card? We've been very careful in giving the right answer, that's why we just answered what is clearly asked. The question was the number of cards (There is an unusual card in-game in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy which was physically released in Japanese prior to that game being released, but was never physically released in English (in any edition or reprint). How many TCG cards have been based on the same character as that card?), and the name was not asked. We've already passed around our answers to our friends, and with the remaining time, I don't think not all of them have the time to resend. Is our answer valid or not? It was a group effort.
To clarify my previous post, I meant that the card mentioned in the question should be included in your count. But to give a valid answer to the question, you only need to give us the number.

Everyone keeps talking about the Imakuni? TCG Card, but I don't think that's the right answer. There is a really really simple one that you can find through Bulbapedia that fits the criteria for the question much better. But now I worried because everyone seems to think it's Imakuni? but I've already submitted my answers :-/ Maybe the one I found was too easy...

Imakuni? satisfies all the criteria of the question, including the reworded question; it was released in Japan before the TCG GB game, it's never been released in English, though it is in the English version of the TCG GB game. And I'd certainly call it unusual. Even if Imakuni?'s not the intended correct answer, the fact that it satisfies all the conditions means Archaic will probably accept it as a correct answer. He seems like a pretty cool dude.

Though it doesn't matter anyway, 'cause none of us is going to win ^_^
It's always someone else who wins, isn't it?

The contest is effectively 1 entry per household, yes. It would be too open to abuse otherwise, since everyone would just claim they had brothers or sisters and send in multiple entries.
Uh-oh. I told my nephew, little brother and sister's boyfriend about this contest, and we all live in the same house. I don't know if they actually sent in entries, but if they did, would that disqualify me?

Again, not that I have any hopes of actually winning :p
This is purely academic, but still.

I'm 99.9% sure it's Imakuni?. Going off of the cards that Bulbapedia itself said were in the original GB game, the only card that was released in Japanese prior to the game but never got an English version was Imakuni?. There are several other in-game cards that never got real-world English versions, but they all came out after the game. Anything else that exists fitting this criteria wasn't listed on Bulbapedia at the time I submitted my answers.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow, though. I'm almost more anticipating just knowing the real answers to these questions than even winning the game anymore lol.

It's over, I only given answers that are explicitly written on bulbapedia :

1. What is the full name of this website?

Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden.

In the news : << With less than two weeks to go until the worldwide release of Pokémon X and Y, Bulbagarden is giving fans worldwide the chance to win one of ten copies of the newly released games. >> You just had to click on the link "Bulbagarden" to go to the Bulbagarden page which says the real name. It's a anime episode's name.

2. Name the three female characters in the Pokémon anime who showed feelings for Brock after he first showed interest in them.

Wilhelmina
Holly
Lucy (Pike Queen)

In the news, click on the link "Brock" => character and check all the girls interested => Trivia.

3. In Pokémon X and Y, players will start their journey with two different starter Pokémon. Name the other main series Pokémon titles which have allowed players to obtain more than one starter Pokémon, without trading with another trainer.

Pokémon Yellow Version
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions
Pokémon Emerald Version

On the page "Starter Pokémon".
In the news, click on the link "main series" and you will know which games are from the main series. It's only the Pokémon "Versions".

4. A card present in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy was never released in English. How many TCG cards have been based on the same character as that card?

Mt. Fuji Surfing Pikachu (trivia of the Trading card game (game)). There are 66 different Pikachu cards.
But this number didn't count the reprints so there are 105 Pikachu cards.

In the news, click on the link "Pokémon Trading Card Game (game)" and check the Trivia.
<< The second Surfing Pikachu, in game, that had rocks behind it, was released in Japan never to be released in English. The card is called the Mt. Fuji Surfing Pikachu. >>

How many Pikachu ? It's said on the page "Pikachu (TCG)"

66 with same HP/Attack/else
105 with all the reprints and variants. (I didn't give this answer, beacause the page give you a number "66" that is IMO the requested answer)

5. What was the first Pokémon manga to retain the right-to-left Japanese reading format when published in English?

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team

IMO, all the answers are given explicitly on Bulbapedia, so checked the sentences wich say it. You can find one in the Viz Media page << Therefore, starting with Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team, all of VIZ Media's Pokémon titles have been published right-to-left. >>

But I didn't know there were english manga from Singapore. But on bulbapedia you cannot know when this Gold and Silver Manga was released in Japan, when this manga was translated in english (or released in Singapore). You cannot compare with the Viz Media's manga.
The Chaung Yi page say "newer titles are right-to-left", it didn't say which one is the first. So I keep the Viz Media 's "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team"

______

Conclusion. Even if the organisators make errors. You can guess the answers they wanted.

Maybe Imakuni was the right answer, but why the game page didn't talk about this card in the Trivia ?
In the english version of the game, Imakuni's description is not the same as the real card.

Note : excuse my (real) french.

Ah, see, I made the critical and foolish error of not fully understanding the first question, and ended up with just Bulbagarden, not cueing in to the "full name" for some dumb reason. Spent well over an hour finding all these answers, and the error I made only would have taken a second to realize had I thought more about it. I was pretty confident about it until earlier today, well after I sent my entry, that I realized all this...

Good luck to the rest of you.

Just checked the mail with my answers I sent. I opened the mail with: "The four answers are"... followed by the five answers. Stupid mistake on my part, but I don't think I will be penalized for that :lol: I guess I have all answers right, except for the TCG one :-( I was right about the Mt. Fuji Surfing Pikachu card, but I'm not sure about the number... I'll see.

Uh, I sent the answers with my fathers e-mail. Does that matter or no?

Not like it will, if those answers above are right.

I'll post up the full answers with our reasoning for them later today, after the winners have been chosen.

I will say now however that Mt Fuji Surfing Pikachu is *not* the correct answer. Surfing Pikachu is a card which was printed in English. The Mt Fuji version is simply a different art variant of that card. The question asked for a card which "was never physically released in English (in any edition or reprint)". The intended answer was Imakuni?, which really should've been the first thing anyone who'd played that game would think of. There are some other answers we're accepting for early entrants who got in before the question was reworded, but we'll get to those in the full write-up.

Okay, again, used my fathers email, does it matter?

Ah darn, so much for winning I guess. The TCG question is now surely wrong for me. That's what you get for never paying much attention to the TCG or its games :lol: Or many people have this question wrong, but I doubt it.

Trivia of the gameboy game TCG

The second Surfing Pikachu, in game, that had rocks behind it, was released in Japan never to be released in English. The card is called the Mt. Fuji

The question before rewording :

A card present in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy was never released in English. How many TCG cards have been based on the same character as that card?

Pretty confusing. One can think that you have created this question after this trivia.

I cannot change my email, I just said what I answered and why.

I never played this game to this extent to remember the Imakuni guy.

Trivia of the gameboy game TCG

The question before rewording :

A card present in the Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) for Game Boy was never released in English. How many TCG cards have been based on the same character as that card?

Pretty confusing. One can think that you have created this question after this trivia.

I cannot change my email, I just said what I answered and why.

I never played this game to this extent to remember the Imakuni guy.
Exactly, I had the exact same thing. I thought I was on the good way, but that piece of trivia has greatly confused me, leading to the wrong answer. And I've never played that TCG GBA game so I would've never known about Imakuni I guess.... Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom