• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbaleague Conference (Random Battle Tournament)

Reaction score
Welcome to the Bulbaleague Conference! A Random Battle format tournament where anyone can participate!

1596791004985.png

Format: [Gen 8] Random Battle (Singles)
Where: The battles will be played on Pokémon Showdown. If you are unfamiliar with this site, it's a pokemon battle simulator that can be played in your browser. To play you do have to make an account, but it's completely free.
When: Sign ups will stay open for 2 week. It will close on the 21st of August, 12pm (noon) CST Countdown timer. After that the competition will start and you have one week per match to arrange a date / time with your opponent and play.

We will update the progress of the tournament here, so make sure to check in here often. Next to that we will be using Challonge, a tournament bracket website to keep track of the matches
With a casual tournament come casual prizes where special badge(s) will be awarded to forum accounts after the tournament has finished.

Tournament rules (might change depending on the amount of sign ups)
- Double Elimination Format (If you lose 2 times you're out of the competition)
- If the Loser bracket finalist wins the first finals match, another decisive match has to be played.
- Winner submits a Showdown replay in this thread as confirmation.
- Bulbagarden Staff members are allowed to participate.

Not being able to play your match
We hope this will not come into play, but if the 1 week time to play your match has passed, a few things can happen
- If you can show proof that you tried to arrange a match with your opponent, but they never responded or show uncooperative behaviour, then we may decide to disqualify the opponent and give the automatic victory.
- If you can show that both players tried to arrange a match, but it just doesn't work out (i.e. due to timezones, or irl stuff) then we might try to find you a different opponent, give extra time or, if we have to, flip a coin.
- If neither player shows up after 1 week than they are both disqualified.

To sign up, mention me @DarthWolf here and let me know you're in.
Please include your Showdown Username (You can't sign up without one)

There is no limit to the amount of players that can sign up.
Signups: (Forum name / Showdown name)
  1. @Lone_Garurumon / Lone_Garurumon Top 6
  2. @Zachie / ZachieBlade Top 16
  3. @Auxillify / Auxillify Group Stage
  4. @WyndonCalling / WyndonCalling Top 8
  5. @KenderCharmeleon / KenderCharmeleon Top 18
  6. @Acrobatic Crobat / Acrobatic Crobat Top 12
  7. @Parissong / Parissong Group Stage
  8. @TheMalevolentOne / TheMalevolentOne16 Top 18
  9. @prog rocker / prog rocker Group Stage
  10. @Aozora / Amacha 3rd Place
  11. @Zorchic / SpectralSpectator Top 12
  12. @c.kilgannon / c.kilgannon 2nd Place
  13. @Andy Snype / Andrew Top 6
  14. @dawn dusk / Stealth_Spirit95 Group Stage
  15. @Blaine. / UnofficialBlaine Top 12
  16. @JBB / lesterhowey Group Stage
  17. @FinnishPokéFan92 / FinnishPokéFan92 Top 8
  18. @UltraMoose30 / UltraMoose30 Top 16
  19. @Slife / Slife25 Top 16
  20. @Blast / wanpachi 4th Place
  21. @bulbasaur99 / bulbasaur99 Group Stage
  22. @Eeveely / Eeveely Top 12
  23. @Water Max / Water Max Top 16
  24. @TobyPsyTrainer / TobyPsychicTrainer Group Stage
  25. @techmuse / techmuse Group Stage
  26. @ZinnLav / ZinnLav Group Stage
  27. @DarthWolf / DarthWolf13 1st Place
Challonge Standings

Deadlines
No deadlines set at the moment, but try to do it asap.

Last edited:
Remember folks, you can Dynamax in Random Battles. Don't be one of those who loses without using it.
Wow, thank you so much for mentioning this, because I'd entirely forgotten that Dynamaxing even existed. Gen 7 is so ingrained as my default state of play that I completely forgot that this'll be playing without Megas and Z-Moves. Gonna be... Interesting, adapting to such a format.

Wow, thank you so much for mentioning this, because I'd entirely forgotten that Dynamaxing even existed. Gen 7 is so ingrained as my default state of play that I completely forgot that this'll be playing without Megas and Z-Moves. Gonna be... Interesting, adapting to such a format.

I play so much Gen 5 randoms that I don't know when sound-based moves started bypassing substitutes, when Grass-types became immune to powder moves, when Electric-types became immune to paralysis etc...

I may or may not also have forgotten this as a host...

Back
Top Bottom