• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbaleague Conference (Random Battle Tournament)

Not the kind of battle I was expecting for the losers final but that's the beauty of random battles I guess.
People that Kilgannon has to avenge: Kender, Lone, Aozora, me... I think I'm missing someone.

I guess Darth is slowly turning into what I think is a heel.
I would also like to avenged >_> at the same, it'd feel good saying I was knocked out by the would-be winner of the tournament. Just hoping to see an exciting battle :wynaut:

I kinda feel bad for this rematch between me and @Aozora
I'll just leave this here [Gen 8] Random Battle replay: DarthWolf13 vs. Amacha - Pokémon Showdown

Hope you had fun throughout the tournament though

Anyway, finals time! @c.kilgannon hope you're ready.

The undefeated champion vs the tournament host (I swear this is not biased).
Remember, it's double elimination. So if I win, we have to play again. (I need to win 2x, you only need to win 1x)
Hey! Let's do this.

Kick his ass, Claudio!*

*No, this is not his real name, I just know what his username is referencing.
I've had this user name for over 3 years and you're like the first person to understand it. That made me so happy lol thank you.

Final standings
  1. @DarthWolf / DarthWolf13 1st Place
  2. @c.kilgannon / c.kilgannon 2nd Place
  3. @Aozora / Amacha 3rd Place
  4. @Blast / wanpachi 4th Place
  5. @Lone_Garurumon / Lone_Garurumon Top 6
  6. @Andy Snype / Andrew Top 6
  7. @WyndonCalling / WyndonCalling Top 8
  8. @FinnishPokéFan92 / FinnishPokéFan92 Top 8
  9. @Eeveely / Eeveely Top 12
  10. @Acrobatic Crobat / Acrobatic Crobat Top 12
  11. @Zorchic / SpectralSpectator Top 12
  12. @Blaine. / UnofficialBlaine Top 12
  13. @UltraMoose30 / UltraMoose30 Top 16
  14. @Slife / Slife25 Top 16
  15. @Zachie / ZachieBlade Top 16
  16. @Water Max / Water Max Top 16
  17. @TheMalevolentOne / TheMalevolentOne16 Top 18
  18. @KenderCharmeleon / KenderCharmeleon Top 18
  19. @Parissong / Parissong Group Stage
  20. @Auxillify / Auxillify Group Stage
  21. @dawn dusk / Stealth_Spirit95 Group Stage
  22. @prog rocker / prog rocker Group Stage
  23. @bulbasaur99 / bulbasaur99 Group Stage
  24. @JBB / lesterhowey Group Stage
  25. @TobyPsyTrainer / TobyPsychicTrainer Group Stage
  26. @techmuse / techmuse Group Stage
  27. @ZinnLav / ZinnLav Group Stage
I would like to thank everyone for playing, although we had some bumbs due to inactivity or delayed matches, we managed to pull through and have a fun time together.
I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did, both as a host and as a player.

Now, I did win this tournament, which, as a host, might seem unfair. You can call me out if you want, but to show my respect to my opponent @c.kilgannon, he will be rewarded with a custom made banner to claim the title of Bulbaleague Conference Champion!
Originally we had the idea to give you a custom badge, but the system is not ready for that yet. However, you still deserve a reward imo. So I'll be making the banner myself. (anyone can also just request a banner from me through my Banner shop if they are interesting in any, see link in my signature).

So, again, well played @c.kilgannon, you earned it. You went undefeated, you've beaten the game (but gto stopped by the post game boss). Going undefeated is certainly impressive here.

Look forward to any potential future leagues! It might be another Random battle again, maybe even doubles, or we decide to go the Smogon or VGC route instead. I would love to hear your thoughts on that!

I can confirm it wasn't rigged, I'm also an event organiser and I came dead last.

Honestly, that's just evidence of a crude attempt at a cover-up.

In all seriousness, colossal thanks from me to everyone who participated and particularly to @DarthWolf for administering the whole shebang; Randoms is my absolute favourite format to play. I must say I expected/hoped to be facing off against @Andy Snype for pole position at some point - Andy, hit me up if you want to see how that might've gone.

Congrats @DarthWolf :bulbaLove: I'd definitely be interested in participating in a tourney like this again, it was super fun. And props to @c.kilgannon for making it all the way to the finals too!

Back
Top Bottom