• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Bulbapedia is off until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Reaction score
  • Staff
We've been having server problems related to a conflict with Bulbapedia and the forums, and we've turned off Bulbapedia until they're resolved. This will hopefully be short.

Reaction score
Well, I'm all for it if it means the forums will stop fucking up. But yeah, I hope Bulbapedia's not down for too long, though.

eevee91's fiance!
Reaction score
Hopefully all goes well for you guys. Good luck fixing the problem at hand.

Reaction score
Really would like to get back to editing and adding articles, so hopefully Bulbapedia will be back pretty soon!

黒い王様
Reaction score
*is being naughty and accessing from his work computer*

I hope to have Bulbapedia back up at the very least for public browsing when I get home later this evening at around 9pm. It's 1:41pm my local time as I post this. As for getting it back up for editing...I'm hoping we'll get that by the weekend at latest.

I pity the fool
Reaction score
garrrrrrrrrrrrrrr No Bulbapedia!!! What will I do with my time.

#PocketMonsters staff
Reaction score
Good luck with that..gotta love databases and evilness.

Reaction score
Dang it! Now I have to live off of Serebii.net!
X_X this will be agony.

黒い王様
Reaction score
Just got home, looking at it now, status report in 15 minutes.

黒い王様
Reaction score
Bulbapedia has been reopened for public viewing (but not editing) as a short test. If we encounter problems within the next half hour, it'll be closed down again until we locate the issue.

黒い王様
Reaction score
We appear to have a successful test. Bulbapedia will remain up and active for viewing until tomorrow morning my time, unless something happens between now and then. After I wake up, we'll see what we can do.

If the server crashes, please write down exactly what you were doing at the time, and either post it in this thread following the server rebooting, or email it to archaic *DOT* mukashi *AT* gmail *DOT* com if the server doesn't come back up, as you might have accidentally stumbled on whatever code it is that's causing the server to chuck a hissy fit.

黒い王様
Reaction score
Had to take 'pedia down again for a short while as I run a few maintenance things to deal with issues that cropped up on the forums and wiki with specific threads and pages not being accessible, etc. Easily fixed, but they put some load on the server, so I don't want the wiki making the job any longer or harder than it'll have to be anyway.

黒い王様
Reaction score
'pedia back up and accessible as a test. Let's see how it handles higher load periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.