• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia is off until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats one bloody annoying april fools joke

Check the thread dates, guys. This isn't an April Fools prank.

It was uploaded at 00:00 GMT, from the 31st of March to the 1st of April.

Long story short....we did an upgrade to the server, boosting our RAM to 16gb from 8gb, and going with Litespeed Enterprise Edition over our Apache. The initial data we were getting there indicated that the problems should be fixed, but we were wrong. We should have more stability and speed now, but it still wasn't enough to make things more manageable.

Check the thread dates, guys. This isn't an April Fools prank.

Pfft, the server is in australia, therefore, when it was april 1st yesterday, it could be classed as an april fools joke.

Long story short....we did an upgrade to the server, boosting our RAM to 16gb from 8gb, and going with Litespeed Enterprise Edition over our Apache. The initial data we were getting there indicated that the problems should be fixed, but we were wrong. We should have more stability and speed now, but it still wasn't enough to make things more manageable.

Have you guys have done the obvious: installing one of the various PHP bytecode caches? (I recommend XCache myself, its by the folks at lighttpd) vBulletin and MediaWiki both benefit significantly from these.

If you have, ignore me, but if you haven't, you should really check it out.

To be precise, we had eAccelerator (back in 2006), then switched to APC (since last year) and then switched again to XCache most recently.

Ok, that was weird. I was just trying to get to both the forums and bulbapedia a few minutes ago and I could go to www.bulbagarden.net just fine, but when I clicked on the links for the forums and bulbapedia, I was getting an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message which had never happened to me before. Well, at least it seems to be working now.

EDIT: Bulbapedia is working for me now, however I sometimes get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" messages and I have to refresh the page for it to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom