• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Log-in problem

Sher-e-Bengal

The Tiger of Bengal
Reaction score
Well, I've become fed up. Why the hell does the wiki log me out every few minutes? Then when I try to log in, it says that it is unable to do so to protect the session from some kind of hijacking. It actually says:

"Login error
There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Go back to the previous page, reload that page and then try again. "

What should I do? I've tried everything from clearing the cache and restarting, but nothing seems to work... Anyone got any tips, or is it a server problem again?

I had that problem yesterday, too. I kept trying to make the Wide Guard page and it kept telling me I didn't have authorization to save the changes because I wasn't logged in and wasn't allowed to edit. A couple of refreshes fixed it temporarily, but it kept coming back =/

Are you logged onto more than one computer? I get the same message when I am.

Anyways, whenever I get that message, I simply retype my login info and log in again.

And if you get automatically logged off, just log back in with the "remember my login info" box checked.

It always works for me.

weird, with me after i log in, when i change the page to go to what i want to edit, im logged out, no matter how many times i log in. something be up yo :eek:

Are you logged onto more than one computer? I get the same message when I am.

Anyways, whenever I get that message, I simply retype my login info and log in again.

And if you get automatically logged off, just log back in with the "remember my login info" box checked.

It always works for me.
This is a different issue -- it isn't quite sure whether or not I'm logged in, and when it decides, it always changes its mind.

No, what I mean is, when you're editing a page, and you try to save/preview it but you get a permission error?

You click the login button again and regardless of whether or not you're already logged in, you put in your username and password and click the "remember my login info blah blah blah" box before pressing Enter.

I sometimes get this problem if I haven't got the box checked.

The server is, from what I hear, slightly unstable due to the traffic from the JpBW release. Can't wait til the En release....

We're locking down before that, no questions asked. BP's gonna be locked come March 1, even if the release isn't until March 30.

No, what I mean is, when you're editing a page, and you try to save/preview it but you get a permission error?

You click the login button again and regardless of whether or not you're already logged in, you put in your username and password and click the "remember my login info blah blah blah" box before pressing Enter.

Doesn't work. And today it is just getting out of hand after a lull yesterday. Seems as if the server has a grudge against me!

Help! I'm trying to be a contributor, but I can't if it logs me out whenever I push Submit.

Help! I'm trying to be a contributor, but I can't if it logs me out whenever I push Submit.

Unfortunately, that's a result of the high traffic Bulbapedia is currently experiencing. I recommend that (if possible) you check "remember me on this computer" (or whatever the box says). I find that it helps keep me logged in.

Thanks for the prompt reply! By the Power of the Post, it seems (fingers crossed) to be working for now. Relaunching my browser, and logging into Bulbapedia immediately thereafter (with the checkbox marked), may have helped.

Edit: Looks like when I've logged in with the checkbox marked, and I try to submit an edit but it claims I'm not logged in: I can use my browser's back button and then resubmit, for success.
(Of course this only works if your browser doesn't forget the contents of the text field.)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom