• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Simple Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCM

Man Skilled In All Ways of Contending
Reaction score
I figured rather than have thread after thread of simple questions, it would be cleaner to just make a simple question thread.

Fire Away

::Moderator note: Keep in mind that this thread is for questions involving Bulbapedia, not game questions or forum questions. Please post those questions in the proper locations (not here).::

Last edited by a moderator:
why is my signature not showing up? it has my fc and everything...

This thread is for Bulbapedia... not Bulbagarden... wiki questions, not forum questions.

That aside, I can see your signature just fine, tactician. Maybe you just needed to wait a bit?

Geo - a.k.a. Jioruji Derako

More like they left the "Show signature" button unchecked. Is that, like, a default or something? Happened to me too when I first joined until I found the option hidden away in the user control panel.

Stupid question that I should know:

Psychic and Hypnosis are both Egg moves for Psyduck. If I have a male Poliwrath that knows Hypnosis and I teach it Psychic (TM29) AND mate it with a female Golduck, will the offspring know both moves?

For the Masuda Method: If you trade Meister's Magikarp to platinum would it give you the higher chance for getting shinies?

Despite rumors that he will have a cameo role in DP138, we can't create the article just yet. Wait til it airs!

:p

I've been looking through Bulbapedia's policies, but haven't been able to find any clarification on these matters. Anyway:
  1. Are there any limitations on the number of subpages one can have on Bulbapedia?
  2. Are there any rules against using Bulbapedia templates - for example, the template used to list Gym Leader's Pokémon - on user pages or related subpages?

Thanks in advance.

1) Not too sure about that one...
2) You can, because I think I've seen others use them... if you want to be sure just browse around some user pages and you'll see.

2) You can, because I think I've seen others use them... if you want to be sure just browse around some user pages and you'll see.

All of the pages I've seen sport templates either self-generated or simply not presently in use on mainspace pages.

I've been looking through Bulbapedia's policies, but haven't been able to find any clarification on these matters. Anyway:
  1. Are there any limitations on the number of subpages one can have on Bulbapedia?
  2. Are there any rules against using Bulbapedia templates - for example, the template used to list Gym Leader's Pokémon - on user pages or related subpages?

Thanks in advance.

1. I'm pretty sure there's an unlimited number as long as you don't go haywire with them and create a bunch of short, useless pages. Though I'd keep it to a maximum of three personal subpages and others for things that may help out Bulbapedia later, such as possible templates or policies.

2. There shouldn't be any rules to using official templates as long as you don't use a template that automatically categorizes the page, and you don't misuse a template and create a bunch of red links.

1. I'm pretty sure there's an unlimited number as long as you don't go haywire with them and create a bunch of short, useless pages. Though I'd keep it to a maximum of three personal subpages and others for things that may help out Bulbapedia later, such as possible templates or policies.

2. There shouldn't be any rules to using official templates as long as you don't use a template that automatically categorizes the page, and you don't misuse a template and create a bunch of red links.

Excellent! Thanks for clearing those up. ^^

Hey I don't know if this counts as a bublbapedia question, but has anyone noticed these wierd teeth and body weight ads on there. Is that Bulbapedia's way of making money or something?

Just log in and they go away. They are how we maintain the server; however, we do plan to get more Pokémon-relevant ads soon...

I registered just to ask this, but I will probably stick around. Anyway, why is it that whenever I go on any bulbapedia page, it creates loads of duplicates of it in my history so I can't use the back button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom