• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Simple Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On wich site?
(Or somewhere els?)

(I'm sorry for my bad English)

General, noob-ish question that I'm sure is going to be taken the wrong way, but I don't mean it that way. :B

Why do we have articles on Bulbanews that aren't news? Stuff like "Generation III was underrated," It's cool that they're on the site, but has anyone thought about making a new area for them instead of in the news section?

General, noob-ish question that I'm sure is going to be taken the wrong way, but I don't mean it that way. :B

Why do we have articles on Bulbanews that aren't news? Stuff like "Generation III was underrated," It's cool that they're on the site, but has anyone thought about making a new area for them instead of in the news section?

Because Bulbanews is a online newspaper of Bulbapedia and Bulbagarden. If you have ever read a real newspaper you'd know that such articles are permitted, and will be as long as RexRacer says they are.

Hey all, I have a few questions...

Is there any sort of policy or standard regarding templates used to display trainer data? I noted that both the trainerentry/trainerheader templates are used as well as the Party template.

In the future, would trainer rematch data be included on location articles? I realize that it would take up a lot of space, but maybe on a subpage? This is more applicable for games like Colosseum and XD because you fight many trainers multiple times through the course of the game.

Rematch data would be an idea to implement, and possibly will come about when we're forced to redesign that template for Gen V... but I'm not looking to it until we've eradicated the rest of the squarey templates.

...how many more of those do we have anyway?

Well, I'm not really sure what you mean by "squarey templates". The main reason I ask is because I'm looking to contribute to articles related to the neglected Orre region.

Any response to my first question? If I want to add some trainer data to an article should I just {{Party}} or something else? Or does it matter?

If it's a boss or something, use the party template. Ordinary Trainers get Trainerentry. For people with Shadow Pokémon, always use Party, as the Trainerentry template isn't set up for Shadow Pokémon.

im sure we could implement that somehow, it would just be very difficult to get a lot of the rematch data.

I actually have most of the rematch data, it just needs to be entered. I started collecting thinking I would make a database and then release it for free. I actually even have pokemondatabase.com parked, but I've kinda lost interest in what it would take to complete the whole project.

Anyway, I still have stacks of paper with the trainer data. I have most of gen 3 (R/S/FR/LG and Colosseum). I didn't do Emerald or XD. The data for the handheld games was ripped from the roms and checked in-game by me. Colosseum I compiled myself. I intended to do gen 2 and 4 afterward.

I figured that the data would need a special template or subpage as there is so much of it. I didn't think it would be a good idea to just start tossing it onto the location pages without discussing it first. If there is any way I can help contribute to the template generation/modification let me know.

I will browse the existing templates to get more familiar with them. It looks like they could use a bit of documentation as it is. Does bulbapedia use the /doc page for template documentation?

Last edited:
Is it worth putting version counterparts for certain Pokémon in their respective pages?

Like say in these versions, this Pokémon's version counterpart is that Pokémon, Or this Pokémon is common in this version while it is rare in the other, the opposite is true for that Pokémon?

Here's another question similar to my last...

Should the {{shop}} template be used in place of the {{mart}} template?

Seems like shop is newer, but wanted to be sure there aren't specific rules for using each.

On Eusine's page isn't this quote:
"<player>, have you heard? There have been fresh rumors of a rainbow-colored Pokémon appearing at Bell Tower. I've just had my party healed, so now I'm headed to Ecruteak. I'll be seeing you, <player>!"

from Crystal version? So shouldn't Bell Tower still be Tin Tower in that article since that's what the original quote says, and what those games referred to it as?

Someone did a find and replace, I'd bet, and just replaced all instances of "Tin" with "Bell" without half a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom