• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia's most controversial articles and edits

RC821

Reaction score
In Bulbapedia history, what is the most controversial articles and edits? We all know that online encyclopedias are affected by controversy such as Wikipedia when it had to deal with editors of George W Bush's article.

I do know that Jnix's may be controversial because well..you get the story.

Oh yeah, users had duke it out with edits until Force intervene.
I wonder if they are going to accept that it is real, considering a guy named kukun-kun in YouTube uploaded a video with more evidence in its favor. It was from a videogame show from Japan with Honoguma footage (confirming the 2013 pic) and footage of the Pokédex and Ledyba that look exactly like the demo.

The folks who refuse to give us a proper Spaceworld Demo page be like:

Image result for stubborn gif

I know that classifying some of the legendaries in Gen 7 was a topic of debate, but I don't know if it qualifies as most controversial.

This incident in particular is why I've mostly stopped using the 'pede. That and the atrocious ads and previously, Bulbanews' excessive TCG articles.

Like Bulbapedia and that one site (because ofc) are like the only two fansites that refuse to acknowledge its existence. Even Wikipedia itself does so and has a small article on the subject.

Also tcrf totally no-name, it's a huge repository for unused game content that's reasonably well known.

FWIW, I think one of the biggest controversies is the whole hullabaloo on Green/Leaf's talk page that's been going on for several years.

Space World is a sensitive subject matter especially when it comes to legality and stuff, like yes we have (improperly named) beta articles but for the most part that's information that could be gleaned from the final games code and prerelease material. Hosting information on a completely unseen and unreleased version of the game is a different matter. I don't believe there is any doubt that it is really left in the staff though I may be mistaken. What I can say is I highly doubt the information we put up would be as exhaustive as that found on The Cutting Room Floor (which I'd barely call a no-name site, I'd argue it's fairly well known and specifically caters to this sort of stuff).

As for the other language wiki, I presume you're talking about Pokewiki who have done what I believe is a fantastic job. When Bulbapedia's page is made I'd like it to be seen based off that, it's clear, concise and not overly laden with wholely irrelevant too specific information. However, we don't quite have a page in userspace up to that standard yet. I've personally started work on it in my user page as has other users, but personally, I have much more stuff to focus on Bulbapedia wise (as well as real-life) then the Space World demo.

Mmm, I think if there were going to be legal issues about the thing, they would've gone after TCRF or other places and a long time ago. Worst case, a takedown notice is sent out and it's complied with. Either way, I feel there's little obstacles in the way at this point, and it'd reflect better if something is up. In regards to a theoretical article, the least that could be done is a small bit piece that summarizes things while citing TCRF as a source. Kind of like the GS beta article itself.

A good solid one of course would be the best case! Time and remembering my password permitting, I'd be willing to lend a hand with it. Been ages since I've done an article.

Takedown notices aren't as simple as you take it down and everything is fine and dandy, there's more nuance to them than that. Frozen Fennec has one in their userspace, I believe it's open to public editing. Otherwise you're welcome to try your hand at making your own

If I recall correctly, Team Spaceworld had a Google form documenting a lot of the info on the demo that ended up getting removed due to a copyright strike from Game Freak. TCRF is technically playing is fire by simply having that article up, and I don't think Bulbapedia wants to play with fire either.

I remember when Paul's Azumarill and Ninjask got pages after their first appearances. That was weird. Drapion too, I brought up why that one should go.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom