• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden tour!

Misfit Angel

Normal is an illusion
Reaction score
Welcome to Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden, a carefully crafted labor of love that's been built over a twenty year period! Considerable time and attention has gone into the creation of this majestic garden, built in the courtyard of Bulba Manor. Let's take a tour...

kc5ReBLl.jpg

The B stands for Bulbasaur, nothing else

1GjVqm9l.jpg

The most important feature of Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden is of course the flowers. Here, we have Yellow Stars, Purple Spheres, Pink Whatsits and White Fluffers.

l73oNNVl.jpg

Here we see the mysterious Red Flying Box Plant in its natural habitat. Pay no attention to the hooks and wires, those are an illusion.

QEgVgHPl.jpg

Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden features the rare Leaking Lotus, a beautiful flower that gushes water like nobody's business.

zlXhF7Jl.jpg

In the shade of the Leaking Lotus, we see the creature that the garden was named after: Bulbasaur. This is a rare photo, as this creature is very camera shy!

5TBanT0l.jpg

Having been here since before Bulba Manor was constructed, the federal government wouldn't allow me to remove these "priceless cultural icons", the Stones of Salted Earth. It's for the best, they look nice and don't seem to be interfering with the growth of the Blue Buds, the Orange Openers, and other assorted colored plants.

Wgc4rkyl.jpg

I'm not sure who this fellow is, but he visits the garden quite frequently. I've tried to get a professor to visit to identify this new species of Pokemon, but they keep giving me strange looks when I describe it.

Ioe4w5Cl.jpg

Same with this guy! I'm not sure what species it is, but it came to me in a dream recently and told me that it is the final evolved form of a Grass/Flying-type starter.

Uuzs9UAl.jpg

Something mysterious about this garden is that it attracts abnormally large Pidove from time to time. This one is docile, but most of them are absolutely vicious and downright terrifying. Many men died in the construction of the garden because of these.

ezUbJPxl.jpg

In fact, this is a photo I took of one of the murderous Pidove after it had just disemboweled one of my gardeners. A crowd of horrified onlookers is seen in the background as it bathes in the blood of the fallen hero.

XIHBvo9l.jpg

You may be asking yourself, "Why are there so many giant birds here?" Don't worry, this one isn't actually a Pokemon, it's an art installation. Art installations are important in building a lovely atmosphere, and lovely atmospheres are the key to a great garden.

gNzdBYIl.jpg

This is an art installation as well... or at least it was. One of the Pidove took it over and roosted in it, and now there are eggs inside. Every time I try to approach to deal with this wretched infestation, I'm chased away.

eZmUNSMl.jpg

This is my Murkrow, Sorrow. She is our only defense against the Pidove infestation, and she does a good job for the most part. Don't be deceived by the colored feathers, that is a problem with my camera; she is as black as my soul, and twice as broody.

IfObMLbl.jpg

The garden doesn't just house flowers and birds. We have a pair of Goldeen here as well! We initially brought these two in as a cheap way to populate the ponds... until we learned that they were both male. They're total bros, though, and that's cool.

9Yi55f5l.jpg

I bet you thought this was a tree, but it's not. This rare specimen is the Red Root, a flower that is actually an inverted plant; you're not seeing bark and branches, that is the root system! The red... well, unfortunately that's a disease common to this plant. While beautiful, the suffering this plant is going through is nothing short of tragic.

And that rounds out the tour! I hope you enjoyed your time in Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden!

(these photos were actually taken of the indoor garden at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. If you're ever in the area, I very much encourage you to visit. Admission is free!)

Back
Top Bottom