• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki Club

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
That's right, kids, it's about time we Bulbawiki nerds got our own club to discuss whatever it is we want to discuss. Use this topic to chat about or plan things for Bulbapedia and/or Bulbanews. In particular, many of us would like to see the two sites get more publicity and more content added, and with that, we need to do some brainstorming.

Anyone interested in helping with the wikis is encouraged to post. No one has to ask to join... just say what you want to say. :)

Resources
* Bulbawiki Discussion forum
** For proposals, questions, and suggestions regarding the wikis.
* Pokémon News forum
** For the relaying of Bulbanews stories by Bulbabot.

IRC channel
[HASHTAG]#bulbapedia[/HASHTAG]@irc.pocketmonsters.net

Last edited:
I love everyone who edits. I really love having other people editing a lot besides me. The more other people get involved, the more it seems like Bulbapedia instead of Bulbapiedia.

[18:32] <Paperfairy> Wee.....: if you got hit by a bus tomorrow (God forbid), the Pedia would fall apart
[18:33] <Paperfairy> Wee.....: we need to fix that
[18:35] Brock: :X

[01:08] <Pie> Hey Paperfairy
[01:08] <Pie> Most people don't know I use the tag "Brock" on MSN.
[01:08] <Pie> http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=372545&postcount=3 <-- You might wanna change it XD
[01:09] <Paperfairy> if they can't figure out who I'm talking to, they should get hit by a bus
[01:09] <Paperfairy> : (

Last edited:
This club needs more me, and so does the wiki...except I really don't have much to add. But I'm too often the supporting player to the babble about feminist characters and whatnot, so I'll just join and hope for the best.

We have lots of work people can do, still, though.

Projects alone outline some of the major areas needing help.

Even stuff like fixing spelling and grammar helps us more than you think. Or adding your opinion to the featured article candidates. Even just responding to stuff brought up on talk pages.

We <3 everyone who does anything on the 'pedia.

Should the Shipping articles at least give some explanation for the names? There are going to be some readers who won't guess Ikarishipping, for instance.

Yes, they should.

Shipping section needs SO MUCH HELP. Augh. It's ugly. I don't even wanna touch it. X_x'

Add 'em.

So, this was a brief discussion in the chat; should the Bulbawiki/News get its own board as opposed to a subboard?

Yes, they get no activity because they're overshadowed by the Grotto.

bulbapediazj4.gif

made by me, fixed by Susnain.

Last edited:
I don't remember why they were pushed sub-level in the first place. Bulbacast got split off - I say split the wikis, too.

Too many top-level forums, apparently.

I love everyone who edits. I really love having other people editing a lot besides me. The more other people get involved, the more it seems like Bulbapedia instead of Bulbapiedia.

Well, actually, BulbaBot (11.1%) still beats you (9.3%), with TTEchidna (7.1%), FabuVinny (5.4%) and myself (4.7%) trailing.

I've found the hardest thing about convincing my friends to use Bulbapedia is that it loads slowly.

We really need a new server. :<

Hrm. There are some things I can do about it, but it's limited and also depends on the usage pattern. For example, I could set up a reverse cache. Wikipedia uses that to handle their anonymous readers, which is the vast majority of their traffic. But once a user logs in, the reverse cache can no longer service them, so the load shifts to the real web servers. And once they start editing, the load shifts to the master database server.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I shall be the top editor by summer's end....

My summer projects:

- Complete overhaul of the manga section
- Take screenshots for all attacks and add to respective articles
- Fix PokéDex pages so they're on par with Veekun's pages
- Bring at least 50 articles up to standard
- Complete a list of 1000 "Did you Know?" facts for easy weekly updating

What about you guys?

EDIT: Zhen, that sounds like a good idea, since so few people actually edit on Bulbapedia ATM.

Yes, it is true that few people actually edit. But there are thousands of user accounts. I suspect that many of these people browse while logged in. That makes the reverse proxy cache useless.

Additionally, for such a cache to be effective, there must be sufficient RAM to store all the popular pages in memory, at once. As you may or may not know, RAM is not something we have an excess of.

Anyone else feeling a donation drive coming on?

Last edited:
Summer has officially started for me, though I'm not sure how much time I will end up spending on Bulbapedia. I think my next focus will be adding the missing movesets to the Pokédex pages.
Someday... I WILL BEAT BULBABOT!
Going by the two-week old data on the Top edit count page, you are 1729 edits behind Bulbabot. You made 2152 edits in the month of April alone so it is definately possible.
Don't worry, I shall be the top editor by summer's end...
You've got a long way to go but if you do all the stuff you noted it could definately happen. Good luck.

Hi. New user here, both to the forum and to the wiki. I figured I would contribute my bit to this project.

However, I've got a bit of a problem. I'd like to alter my personal user page, but have no idea how. I understand the basics of Wiki coding, but I've no idea how to add in or use templates. Plz Help!!!

1st post. Yay.

Yeah, well... I'll beat Pie!

And PokePsych, I've put a few pointers on your talk page. Just don't forget to read the MOS.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom