• ME begins a second journey around Sinnoh. Watch here as he follows a famous Professor around.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

Can't get Bulbawiki search extension in Firefox.
Odd. Mine works fine. Bulbapedia? If so, possibly 2 server setup could be the issue.

---------------------
On a different note...

Also does same on XP. Most likely a Chrome 4 issue.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score

I'm getting database errors (including one while posting this) and I also can't get my Bulbawiki search extension in Firefox to work.

Reaction score

So far I have got a database error, a 502 error and a 504 error or "Link appears to be broken" from google in the space of a few minute just now. I am using IE8 on Windows 7

One error:
502 Bad Gateway
The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.
Anyway, the wiki is working fine for me, just here that has the problems for me

Yes, that's really my neck
Reaction score

Server is done momentarily. It'll get back up shortly, the best thing you can do to help is to quit refreshing the page.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

It's back now; most likely due to Explorers of Sky's American release. Heads up guys; get extra server protection on HGSS's American release. We don't want another US Platinum.

Reaction score

About the Firefox search plugin issue, maybe an extra newline in the def file might be the cause?

-Happy5214

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score

EVERYTHING was down last night. What happened?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Might be related to this that kept popping up:
Code:
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2012
Images also seem to be rendering horribly; see DSi logo thumbnail on Nintendo DSi page.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

2012 oh noes it's the end of the wooooooorld.

No, but seriously, we're investigating it.

φιλομαθής
Reaction score

Might be related to this that kept popping up:
Code:
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2012
Images also seem to be rendering horribly; see DSi logo thumbnail on Nintendo DSi page.
I think I've fixed that now.

φιλομαθής
Reaction score

Both. I'm quite sure the underlying reason is the same.

Reaction score

There seems to be another problem on the site, when viewing the detail pages of trading card series. Yesterday I kept trying to view the detailed page of the EX series cards and (the pages with the list of all the cards in the set) and my browser keeps crashing whenever I tried it. I figured it may be a problem with my computer, but today at work I tried to view the Platinum page and was surprised to see the same problem. Browser froze up completely and the only way around it was to end the browser processor. I am using Firefox.

Reaction score

There seems to be another problem on the site, when viewing the detail pages of trading card series. Yesterday I kept trying to view the detailed page of the EX series cards and (the pages with the list of all the cards in the set) and my browser keeps crashing whenever I tried it. I figured it may be a problem with my computer, but today at work I tried to view the Platinum page and was surprised to see the same problem. Browser froze up completely and the only way around it was to end the browser processor. I am using Firefox.
The problem seems to be with "kora25.kontera.com", which I think is the advert server... thingy.

That's when my Firefox crashes anyway, when it's trying to load that.

Shiny hunter
Reaction score

There's a relativly major issue occuring right now:

The page for Which One ~ Is It? is displaying "Bulbapedia does not yet have an article with this exact name."

Dotchi ~ Nyo? is giving the same message.

The problem appears to stem from the fact that bulbapedia appears unable to handle a question mark in the page title/url, since ? (Glitch Pokémon), ??? (type) etc don't work either.

黒い王様
Reaction score

...oh dear.

I didn't know that page existed. That better not have been what's caused the server errors. It's happened before with some punctuation.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Hrm, usually those ?'d pages work just fine, though, which is odd. Every once in a while though...

Heck, Wikipedia's pages have ?'s in them, and they work fine. Whose Line is it Anyway? hasn't had a problem.

Last edited:
*~Sunny Forme~*
Reaction score

this get coming when i went to the artwork of chuang yi's pokemon adventures volume 31 the pages html was all messed up too and messed everything up

Ha ha! I Died Again!
Reaction score

Is it just me.. I get this..

"503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request. "

Quite often.. Other websites work well though..