1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!

Bulbawiki site issues thread

Discussion in 'Bulbawiki Forum' started by RexRacer, Jun 27, 2009.

1. pumpkinking0192

pumpkinking0192 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've continued to be unable to view any diffs for nearly 48 hours now. Is this related to the maintenance cited above? And if not, are staff looking into this issue too?

EDIT: It's now coming up on 96 hours. I would appreciate a staff response, even if it's as simple as "we're looking into it".

EDIT: A week after my last edit, I see that diffs are now fixed. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    poke trey, Satsjoe and Harryghost like this.
  2. Harryghost

Harryghost Ore Pokémon

Blog Posts:
    This so much though... :cautious:

3. BigDocFan

BigDocFan Member

Blog Posts:
    Was able to edit once more on Monday and yesterday but now the EDIT THIS PAGE thing isn't there

I'm assuming it isn't just me as there have been no signs of edits since earlier this morning

4. SoaringDylan

SoaringDylan The Soaring Trainer

Blog Posts:
    From the Bulbagarden Discord, Bulbapedia channel.

upload_2017-11-8_10-42-32.png

5. BigDocFan

BigDocFan Member

Blog Posts:
    My bad

6. BigDocFan

BigDocFan Member

Blog Posts:
    Any ideas when Bulbapedia will become unlocked for general editing

7. LtLynx

LtLynx New Member

Blog Posts:
    Still can't join Bulbapedia. What's taking you so long?

8. BigDocFan

BigDocFan Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm guessing it has something to do with Bulbapedia being locked to General Editing at present, try again when it becomes unlocked

9. Force Fire

Force Fire Bulbapedia Administrator

Blog Posts:
    Bulbapedia will be unlocked when the staff feel we have an adequate amount of USUM info, it's not getting unlocked so soon. Also, the account creation issue is not because of the edit lock, it's because of technical issues the site is having.

10. Force Fire

Blog Posts:
    It'll get unlocked when it gets unlocked, have patience. Also, the site is having some technical issues, the staff are aware of this and are looking into it.

11. BigDocFan

BigDocFan Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for posting that, I had trouble changing my own email address a while back and I've just done it myself

12. BigDocFan

BigDocFan Member

Blog Posts:
    Hopefully it won't be long until Bulbapedia is unlocked, as ForceFire said, we need to be patient

13. SoaringDylan

SoaringDylan The Soaring Trainer

Blog Posts:
    Not all technical difficulties have been fixed. The lock will be lifted once they have.

Harryghost likes this.
  14. Force Fire

Blog Posts:
    That's the third time you've dismissed my message, mikhail2003. I've already said; Bulbapedia will be unlocked when all issues are resolved and we feel that we have sufficient info on USUM. That is no ETA on when that will be. Have patience.

15. BigDocFan

BigDocFan Member

Blog Posts:
    My advice @mikhail2003 is to be patient and wait for Bulbapedia to become unlocked, many of us want to edit Bulbapedia again but we must wait

SoaringDylan likes this.
  16. Tyler53841

Tyler53841 Member

Blog Posts:
    Try to write post anything here mikhail2003, I may have some frustrations too, but I am at least trying to avoid posting unnecessary messages like this to avoid any trouble. You are risking on getting yourself blocked if you keep this up, so please stop posting messages like this.

17. FinnishPokéFan92

FinnishPokéFan92 A Random Nordic PokéNerd

Blog Posts:
    Hi. This is my first-ever post on Bulbagarden Forums (a long-time user of Bulbapedia, not so much here until now), and I also express my sincerest hopes that Bulbapedia will be unlocked soon, since I have many edits on my personal to-do list. However, watching the messages here has made me understand the situation better, so I won't complain, I just hope that the issues we have are going to be fixed soon. (Last year, Bulbapedia opened for edits at the first of December, but hey, times change.)

Speaking of technical difficulties, I've also noticed some while using Bulbapedia on my mobile device, such as the layout having changed and ads popping up despite being logged in. This does not occur on any "big" computers. I hope this issue will be fixed too.

18. Tyler53841

Tyler53841 Member

Blog Posts:
    Also to top it off the search engine when I use my Amazon Fire Tablet does not work, and it is hard just to use the basic functions on the website.