• Snowy finds a Gym Leader lurking in a mine. Watch here as he faces off against Marnie and prepares to battle against Kabu.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

The Eeveelution who says "Rawr!"
Reaction score
The staff are doing their best to resolve this issue, please remain patient while repairs are being made.
Gotta wonder why the issue renewed. I hope the staff will look into that as well.

Reaction score
Yeah, between the Sword Shield games news and Ash's big win, you guys must've got a lot more traffic than usual in the last few weeks.

Reaction score
The site is starting to lag hard again for me. Sometimes I get 503 errors, other times the browser doesn't look the way it's supposed to.

IDKWTHThisis
Reaction score
There seems to be some issues with logging in on Bulbapedia, I refresh a page and suddenly I'm logged out.

Reaction score
Sprites and other small images are failing to load on Bulbapedia, and it also seems that editing isn't possible either for some reason.

Last edited:
Bulbapedia Administrator
Reaction score
Bulbapedia is currently locked for editing as it undergoes a major upgrade. This may take days.

Reaction score
Bulbapedia is currently locked for editing as it undergoes a major upgrade. This may take days.
Hopefully it won't take too many days. The weekend always sees a large surge of new Pokémon episode info, especially during Sunday. What is the update going to add to the site?

Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
Hopefully it won't take too many days. The weekend always sees a large surge of new Pokémon episode info, especially during Sunday. What is the update going to add to the site?
The current version of MediaWiki is 1.29, which hasn't had any security/maintenance fixes since September 2018. At the moment, the plan is to update to 1.31.

Bugsss... Buzzzz
Reaction score
I hope the updates don't take too long, I understand they're important but I enjoy editing Bulbapedia and helping with the anime sections

Mellowed out and ready to earn a good name again.
Reaction score
The wiki seems frozen in time for me.

It's stuck at 5 hours ago, edits-wise.

And the Staff Ranks are broken, in the "Unable to load image" kind of way.

Is this part of the current round of glitches, a cache error, or.....

Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
We are currently performing some much-needed site upgrades.

As a result:
- Pages can not be edited
- Images may not be appearing
- Other site features may not work properly

We do not currently have a time frame for completion, but thank you for your patience and understanding.

Mellowed out and ready to earn a good name again.
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification.

I was wondering why I couldn't see new stuff.

Reaction score
Some of the links overall are not working or are taking a long time to load, including in email alerts.