• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

nickdt

Reaction score

Error 503 Backend fetch failed​

Its still there for me.

Sobble Bubble-O-Seven

Sobble is my spirit animal.
Reaction score
While the wiki continues to have its issues, I'd like to report another issue.

For some reason, from time to time I get logged off from Bulbagarden on mobile for no apparent reason. I don't use this site on mobile very often because Bulbagarden on mobile is still very slow for me, but when I do use it on mobile, I sometimes have to log back in despite the fact that I always click the option to keep me logged in forever.

Redstar47

The Master of champions !
Reaction score
While the wiki continues to have its issues, I'd like to report another issue.

For some reason, from time to time I get logged off from Bulbagarden on mobile for no apparent reason. I don't use this site on mobile very often because Bulbagarden on mobile is still very slow for me, but when I do use it on mobile, I sometimes have to log back in despite the fact that I always click the option to keep me logged in forever.
And if you try to say do desktop it
...still saying same thing anyway

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
To give people a little more detail... We've been experiencing some serious issues with our autoscaler starting earlier this week. This means that the backend isn't properly spinning up new server instances when we do get high load. It also did a number on the Varnish cache. Our BulbaTech is continuing to work on the issues.

Any log-in issues people are experiencing should not be related to this core issue. It's possible that, in experiencing this error, this might have resulted in your cookies for the site being corrupted. Deleting your cookies and logging back in should resolve those. Though I should note in relation to one issue...
...that there is no "keep me logged in forever" option here on the forums. It only remembers you for 30 days.

Tyler53841

Reaction score
Already tried that with the deleting the cookies, but that did not help with re-logging in to my main account.

Sobble Bubble-O-Seven

Sobble is my spirit animal.
Reaction score
To give people a little more detail... We've been experiencing some serious issues with our autoscaler starting earlier this week. This means that the backend isn't properly spinning up new server instances when we do get high load. It also did a number on the Varnish cache. Our BulbaTech is continuing to work on the issues.

Any log-in issues people are experiencing should not be related to this core issue. It's possible that, in experiencing this error, this might have resulted in your cookies for the site being corrupted. Deleting your cookies and logging back in should resolve those. Though I should note in relation to one issue...

...that there is no "keep me logged in forever" option here on the forums. It only remembers you for 30 days.
Okay, I double checked and it actually says "Stay logged in". For some reason, I thought I recalled it saying "Keep me logged in forever". That's a mistake on my part. I'm sorry.
And if you try to say do desktop it
...still saying same thing anyway
This site loads much faster on desktop than on mobile. At least for me it does. That's why I rarely use this site on my phone.

nickdt

Reaction score
Here to show support for the technical team

Good luck and don't rush yourself to try to fix it.

Nitro Indigo

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
I had a problem where I kept getting logged out on mobile if I idled for a few minutes months ago, and I fixed it by changing my password.

Arceusman

IDKWTHThisis
Reaction score
Logins seem to be working again, and the 503s seem to be gone, but pages are still loading super slowly which a lot of the time leads to a 504...