• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

See that banner at the top of every BP page? The current message from the editor? The multiple posts on the subject in the forum including the previous page of this very thread?

The database is currently locked from editing in a bid to reduce the pressure on the server during the busy HGSS launch period.

Well, I'm a sysop in good standing on Bulbapedia, meaning that I should be able to edit just fine on Bulbapedia, yet I find myself unable to edit for some odd reason, probably a glitch in the system. I absolutely have to get the [bp]Asatsuki Town[/bp] article moved to "Daybreak City" to reflect its English name, as well as make the appropriate edits, yet I find myself unable to. I know I've been threatened with possible probation, and I'm trying to do everything to make sure I never make it that far. Can the techs please fix my issue? Thanks.

Well, I'm a sysop in good standing on Bulbapedia, meaning that I should be able to edit just fine on Bulbapedia, yet I find myself unable to edit for some odd reason, probably a glitch in the system. I absolutely have to get the [bp]Asatsuki Town[/bp] article moved to "Daybreak City" to reflect its English name, as well as make the appropriate edits, yet I find myself unable to. I know I've been threatened with possible probation, and I'm trying to do everything to make sure I never make it that far. Can the techs please fix my issue? Thanks.

According to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bulbapedia:Administrators you are on probation. You should talk to TTE.

There seems to be a problem adding the bulbapedia search plugin into firefox (my version is 3.5.8).

Not entirely sure what the problem is, the error being:
"Firefox could not download the search plugin from:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w/opensearch_desc.php"

Which in itself is erroneous as I could download the file directly to see what the problem was.

As I see it there could be two problems:
1. The XML is invalid as the xml declaration is on the second line of the file rather than the first.

2. The file extension is .php, firefox might be expecting .xml.

I made those changes locally and was able to add the search engine.

No problems in IE8 though.

Hey guys (specially admins), I am continuously facing an error HTTP gateway timed out. However, my internet is working fine and there isn't any fault in the speed too. Overall, the BP speed is pretty cool but I'm continuously getting this error whenever I try to save/edit a page. Is there any glitch in the server or my internet?
Thank you.

Hey guys (specially admins), I am continuously facing an error HTTP gateway timed out. However, my internet is working fine and there isn't any fault in the speed too. Overall, the BP speed is pretty cool but I'm continuously getting this error whenever I try to save/edit a page. Is there any glitch in the server or my internet?
Thank you.

No glitch because I'm getting that too whenever I try to edit my userpage.

stop editing your userpage.

yes, the server is still on high load, so errors are expected.
I knew it :lick:
The condition is worse now, unable to upload any image + unable to save pages (most of the times) + unable to preview pages and the only error HTTP gateway timed out / 504 Gateway Time-out. The server didn't respond in time. . I think the site will be locked again soon because of that much load. Well, I will try my best to stop users from editing their userpage uselessly (I can only do that, don't know what else can I do for our beloved servers).

Edits still go through, just check the RC to be sure.

Can't preview or compare edits to a page so I am can't do any major work for the moment. Just wanted to bring this up though I am aware that I'll likely have to wait awhile. For previewing a page I know it occurs more often with larger amounts of bytes.

I can edit things and the edits go through, but whenever I submit an edit I get a 504. I can still load pages and the edits do take effect, I just can't view anything after submitting these edits.

Yeah, it's a pain, but deal with it... I have to. Hopefully load'll be lower soon. We've got five servers on maximum power here.

I am dealing with it. I just felt I ought to report it since this thread is for such issues.

I was also reporting it and as I said before I am aware this is the kind of problem that takes days to settle over and is no big deal for me.

Yeah, it's a pain, but deal with it... I have to. Hopefully load'll be lower soon. We've got five servers on maximum power here.
Sounds so relaxing to me :D The traffic is on peek (or above it), a bunch of new users registered yesterday and it was not an ordinary number :p
I hope that the traffic will be normal soon.

This traffic is roughly ten to twenty times the amount we get normally at peak times.

Oy, it will be a few weeks at most before that problem blows away, but its no big deal since I can calmly put up with the wait until the traffic slows down abit, but have to admit that amount of traffic did surprise me.

Yeah, I can't get into Archives at all.

Back
Top Bottom