• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

Hey guys, let's act our age. This guy is complaining about how he sees that things are unfair, and we should at least give him the respect of a polite response instead of acting immature and trolling him, which is what he's reporting in the first place.

RSG, a lot of the Bulbapedia staff members have to weed through many vandals per day. This doesn't excuse their behavior, but admittedly, it can be fun to mess with people that take the internet too seriously. Sometimes it's hard to make a distinction between people like you, who are trying to edit Bulbapedia for good but have false information, and vandals, who are not trying to contribute but add false information. It's hard to gauge people's intentions over the internet, but still, you shouldn't be banned for two bad edits.

Thanks for reporting this, by the way. It's nice when people care enough about a site to report when someone is being mean to them instead of just leaving.

Lookie here...etc...
to be frank, RockSmashGuy, i didnt read your giant wall of text, but simply put, you have an attitude problem. as stated on my talk page, all you had to do was say "hey, thats not right" and that would be fine, but instead you got in my face about it.

i didnt have to weed through vandals and "have a bad day" (granted, i actually did have a bad day, but it didnt influence my initial preview button comment, which is the same comment i give to anyone and everyone not using the preview button) and im not going to be sorry because i said "mean things" or whatever. aside from not following rules, you were rude and acted poorly in response to a very reasonable and tame comment i made and a mistake which i took responsibility for. it isnt the first time either, you were blocked some time ago for being rude. you just need to relax and stop back-lashing the staff.

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "LinksUpdate::incrTableUpdate". MySQL returned error "1213: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction (174.37.30.34)".

I got this error twice today.

I am also getting Loss of session errors and its slowing up my work, though I am more annoyed instead of being angry.:yahoo::banghead:

Complain to Google? If that's the case with templates on a wiki, which are pretty standard stuff, it must happen anywhere there are tables.

It's Chrome and has always been happening. I've reported this to Google and they did nothing at all.

It must have this problem elsewhere, too, though. I mean, this is standard stuff, isn't it?

It must have this problem elsewhere, too, though. I mean, this is standard stuff, isn't it?

It's a known fact that there are differences in HTML and CSS implementations between the major browser cores (Trident, Gecko, Presto, Webkit, KHTML). Unfortunately it seems that Webkit considers the width parameter of the smaller template differently than other engines. A separate hack for just Webkit would be optimal, but I don't know if there's specific markup for that.

It's only Chrome. Safari's fine. They're both WebKit.

Blame Google, then. IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT.

"The menu"? Which menu? For Bulbagarden? Or Bulbapedia? Where is this?

I cant get to the news page and every time I try it says:

"Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /wiki/Front_page could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at bulbanews.bulbagarden.net Port 80"

The Bulbagarden menu in the left corner

...of... the forums.

THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS IS FOR.

THIS IS BULBAPEDIA. NOT BULBAGARDEN FORUMS. PLZ TO BE ASKING IN THE BULBAGARDEN FORUMS ISSUE THREAD WHICH IS OUT THERE IN THE MAIN AREA.

Also news has been having issues lately.

I've noticed a couple of minor issues over the past couple of days.

1. The Wanted pages list hasn't updated in about a week

2. Whenever I try and edit the intro section of an article that has an ampersand in the title it glitches and tries to edit the intro of an article with the title as the part before the ampersand. This only occurs for the intro section when clicking the link to edit the section. Editing the whole page and other sections work fine, so it isn't much of a problem, just a bit strange.

I got this while trying to create Talk Pages for new users

Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type "DOMException"
exception 'DOMException' with message 'fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to 174.37.30.34:11211 (Connection timed out)' in /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/memcached-client.php:721
Stack trace:
#0 /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/memcached-client.php(721): fsockopen('174.37.30.34', '11211', 110, 'Connection time...', 0.01)
#1 /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/memcached-client.php(1016): memcached->_connect_sock(false, '174.37.30.34:11...')
#2 /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/memcached-client.php(799): memcached->sock_to_host('174.37.30.34:11...')
#3 /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/memcached-client.php(847): memcached->get_sock('themozz_mediawi...')
#4 /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/memcached-client.php(520): memcached->_incrdecr('incr', 'themozz_mediawi...', 1)
#5 /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(2046): memcached->incr('themozz_mediawi...')
#6 /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/Setup.php(244): wfIncrStats('request_with_se...')
#7 /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/includes/WebStart.php(129): require_once('/home/themozz/p...')
#8 /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/index.php(42): require_once('/home/themozz/p...')
#9 {main}

Back
Top Bottom