• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

The site should not go down for more than five minutes at a time, however, this is only a temporary solution, and editing will not be restored on Bulbapedia until we are absolutely sure it is not causing the problem.
Answered that fer ya.

Another weird problem I have been having is that when I legitimately make a new page from a red link sometimes even though the page had been created, the link from the page doesn't turn blue until the page with the red link has been saved again.

Additionally this is seems to include the new category listing as well, since I have to save the new page more than once to get it to list the page onto the category it had been given after creating a new page.

Sounds like a chache issue. If you purge the cache on the page with the red link that should fix it.

Very likely cache. Probably related to the five-serverness and the load balancer glitch.

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but recently, whenever visit Bulbapedia, all of the text on a page is thrown all the way to the left, and gets thrown under the Navigation/Search column. The problem seems to come and go, but I get this error more times than not. It usually disappears after I refresh the page, but it seems I have to perform more and more refreshes every time.

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but recently, whenever visit Bulbapedia, all of the text on a page is thrown all the way to the left, and gets thrown under the Navigation/Search column. The problem seems to come and go, but I get this error more times than not. It usually disappears after I refresh the page, but it seems I have to perform more and more refreshes every time.

It's probably because your browser's rendering engine times out before it can render all the tables correctly. I've had the same problem before, but only when a page hasn't finished loading.

There's probably nothing the Bulbagardeners can do about an issue with your browser. Except offer tech support, maybe...?

It's probably because your browser's rendering engine times out before it can render all the tables correctly. I've had the same problem before, but only when a page hasn't finished loading.

There's probably nothing the Bulbagardeners can do about an issue with your browser. Except offer tech support, maybe...?

I thought that might be the case at first, but Bulbapedia is literally the only web site I EVER have trouble with, so I wasn't sure.

I thought that might be the case at first, but Bulbapedia is literally the only web site I EVER have trouble with, so I wasn't sure.

Ever? What about Serebii?

It's a CSS issue. Sometimes the style doesn't load right.

These days, Bulbapedia keeps losing my session data, just as what others have said. How does session loss occur, anyway? It seems so random.

Three problems with unified login

So I created an account on bulbapedia, confirmed my e-mail address, logged in to bulbapedia, and then logged in on archives. The result: "You have been automatically logged into other projects of the Wikimedia Foundation." This is confusing, as Bulbagarden is not a WMF project, and my username on WMF projects differs from my username here.

So I created an account on bulbapedia, confirmed my e-mail address, logged in to bulbapedia, and then logged in on archives. But I couldn't edit pages on archives because my e-mail address had not been confirmed to archives. Was it intended that one must confirm the same account twice, once for each wiki that one will be editing? The edit page didn't state one way or the other.

So I created an account on bulbapedia, confirmed my e-mail address, logged in to bulbapedia, logged in on archives, and re-confirmed my e-mail address. I wanted to report these problems with archives. So in the navigation section at the left side of the page in archives, I clicked Help. This redirected me from archives to "Help:Contents" on bulbapedia. "If you inquire help for a certain article or issue that was unanswered here, post it on the Bulbapedia General Forum." But I couldn't log in to the forum using my bulbapedia account. Was it intended for the forums not to use the wiki unified login? The login failure page didn't state one way or the other.

Uh, aside from the normal session data loss today, I encountered quite a few database errors and things like that.

Uh, aside from the normal session data loss today, I encountered quite a few database errors and things like that.
I think all the Sugimori upload things caused stress on the server. It seems better now.

1. The forums are running fine, but Bulbapedia is slow as shit today.
2. Why am I repeatedly prevented from logging in "as a measure against session hijacking?"

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom