• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

the site yesterday was under massive load for reasons im not entirely sure of.
this may have carried over to today. perhaps a wave of new and exciting users? we could only hope..

Doubt it. There seem to be fewer registrations, if anything. But yeah, it was super duper slow yesterday. Hopefully it's better today, haven't checked yet. :x

There would obviously be fewer registrations if the site was only available for a fraction of the time for people to register

"Wave of new and exciting users" implies registrations. At least, that's how I looked at it. And I didn't find the site unavailable for much time... just very, very slow.

I don't know whether it's just me or if this has been discussed, but every time I went on Bulbagarden for the past few hours, it wouldn't load. It just started to work again, which is why I'm here. Just wanted to let you know.

"Sorry, we could not process your edit due to a loss of session data."

I have gotten no less than ten of these in a row attempting to save a simple talk page edit. What the hell.

EDIT: 11.

"Sorry, we could not process your edit due to a loss of session data."

I have gotten no less than ten of these in a row attempting to save a simple talk page edit. What the hell.

A similar situation happens with me when ever I do an edit. I presumed it was because of a hiccup with my log-in session, so I did the whole log out and log in beef. Didn't do much, I still get it occasionally.

So I presume its some sort of server issue.

A similar situation happens with me when ever I do an edit. I presumed it was because of a hiccup with my log-in session, so I did the whole log out and log in beef. Didn't do much, I still get it occasionally.

So I presume its some sort of server issue.

Yeah, it happens to me frequently too. But twelve times in a row is ridiculous.

The problem seems to be the load balancer again, something's overloading it. Techs are investigating.

Not the wiki. Though if it is, feel free to totally implode roundycorners permanently this time. Take all the rest of the templates with it. And hardcode everything like before 2006.

I wash just welcoming ~15 users (I pressed the save buttons fairly soon after each other) and got 3 database errors. They all said:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "LinksUpdate::incrTableUpdate". Database returned error "1213: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction (174.37.30.34)".

Strange thing was, the edits went through.

And while not directly linked, while trying to submit this (and several Bulbapedia edits) I got quite a few 504 errors and a "too many connections"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom