• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

Hello! I, ah, seem to be having some trouble accessing Bulbapedia. Every time I try to go there - no matter what page I'm trying to open - I get the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/skins/MonoBook.php on line 46

I tried toggling javascript on/off, fiddled with other options, and nothing changed. I can't find any discussion of this problem elsewhere either, so I figured I'd try here.

In case it helps, I'm using Firefox 12.0 under Windows XP. I have NoScript and AdBlocker running, both of which have been told to permit "*.bulbagarden.net."

I'm honestly stumped...

Browser problem

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this.
When I open a bulbapedia page on Firefox, it redirects to a white page with nothing. I checked the preferences and decided to turn off the Java script. It worked. The pages started to load fine. But then I went to another wiki based site (based on another franchise which isn't important to the case now), it didn't showed up the way it used to. I turned on the Java script again and the site got back to normal.
Thing is that bulbapedia seems to be the only site (I usually visit) that is affected by this and I was considering switching IE for Firefox since everybody says it's better (and I was even made fun of just because I use IE), but with this kind of problem, I'm reluctant.
Does anybody know why this problem involving the java script and bulbapedia is happening? and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Browser problem

Hello! I, ah, seem to be having some trouble accessing Bulbapedia. Every time I try to go there - no matter what page I'm trying to open - I get the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/themozz/public_html/bulbawiki/codebase-common/skins/MonoBook.php on line 46

I tried toggling javascript on/off, fiddled with other options, and nothing changed. I can't find any discussion of this problem elsewhere either, so I figured I'd try here.

In case it helps, I'm using Firefox 12.0 under Windows XP. I have NoScript and AdBlocker running, both of which have been told to permit "*.bulbagarden.net."

I'm honestly stumped...
I haven't been able to reproduce this bug. Try checking it again?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this.
When I open a bulbapedia page on Firefox, it redirects to a white page with nothing. I checked the preferences and decided to turn off the Java script. It worked. The pages started to load fine. But then I went to another wiki based site (based on another franchise which isn't important to the case now), it didn't showed up the way it used to. I turned on the Java script again and the site got back to normal.
Thing is that bulbapedia seems to be the only site (I usually visit) that is affected by this and I was considering switching IE for Firefox since everybody says it's better (and I was even made fun of just because I use IE), but with this kind of problem, I'm reluctant.
Does anybody know why this problem involving the java script and bulbapedia is happening? and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

What skin are you using? Also, what Operating System and version of Firefox are you using?

What skin are you using? Also, what Operating System and version of Firefox are you using?

I use Windows 7 and the Firefox version is 3.6.27. But what do you mean by skin? If you mean what I'm thinking, I'm using the basic style of Firefox...

I use Windows 7 and the Firefox version is 3.6.27. But what do you mean by skin? If you mean what I'm thinking, I'm using the basic style of Firefox...

By skin I was referring to the skin you use on the wiki (monobook, vector, etc) but those stats were enough. Update your firefox. It's up to version 12 now.

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug. Try checking it again?

*checks*

Nope, still the same error message. I'd post a screenshot but it's literally just the message I posted on a white background. Nothing I do seems to make any difference.

I have tried a few more things since my last post.
Deleting my cookies: no change.
Using Internet Explorer: no change.
Borrowing my friend's iBook: Works! But I'd like to use my own computer :sweat:

EDIT: And I am using Firefox 12, so that's not the problem.

I had this problem a while ago where Bulbapedia kept alternating between logging me in and logging me out. It stopped, so I figured it was a one time issue.

Later today, it started doing it again, so I wanted to report it. What happens is: I'll be logged in checking the Recent Changes, I'll refresh, and I'll be logged out (Log in link at the top, and default monobook). I'll go to log in, and it comes up as if I'm already logged in (my monobook shows, and my name and user links are at the top like normal), but then going back to the recent changes logs me out again. Recent changes isn't a big deal, but I can imagine this becoming an issue if I go to save an edit and it logs me out. Can anyone think of a cause?

P.S. It hasn't been 30 days yet since my last log in, so it's not caused by the "Remember me for 30 days" thing.

That reminds me, Bulbawiki never keeps me logged in for 30 days. Even if I check the option, it will still log me out after several hours or so.

It doesn't bother me too much, but it does get to be a bit of a hassle having to log in again constantly.

That reminds me, Bulbawiki never keeps me logged in for 30 days. Even if I check the option, it will still log me out after several hours or so.

It doesn't bother me too much, but it does get to be a bit of a hassle having to log in again constantly.

Are you closing your browser in between? If so, it may be set to clear cookies on closing, which will remove the logged-in cookie for the Bulbawikis.

If not. . . not sure.

By skin I was referring to the skin you use on the wiki (monobook, vector, etc) but those stats were enough. Update your firefox. It's up to version 12 now.

I'm having this exact same problem (with the same conditions as Metalizard), and my firefox is up to date. What do I do?

I'm having this exact same problem (with the same conditions as Metalizard), and my firefox is up to date. What do I do?

3.6.28 isn't up to date. Firefox 12.0 is up to date. If you're still on version 3.anything, it's well out of date and you should download a more recent version here: Mozilla Firefox Web Browser

Likewise, the current version of Chrome is now 19.0.1084.46, released two days ago. The download can be found here: https://www.google.com/chrome

Database errors are popping up everywhere in these three areas -
editor's pages, Archives' files, and articles on Bulbanews that are affected right now.

"A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "Revision::fetchFromConds". Database returned error "1054: Unknown column 'rev_sha1' in 'field list' (##.##.##.###)".

editor's pages, Archives' files, and articles on Bulbanews that are affected right now.

"A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "Revision::fetchFromConds". Database returned error "1054: Unknown column 'rev_sha1' in 'field list' (##.##.##.###)".

The MediaWiki version is being updated, so in the process it's causing a few issues. It should be back to normal soon.

(SQL query hidden)

The MediaWiki version is being updated, so in the process it's causing a few issues. It should be back to normal soon.
So out of curiosity, is this update the reason why the infobox is now on the left rather than the right, and pushing the text down? Or is it intentional?

(SQL query hidden)

So out of curiosity, is this update the reason why the infobox is now on the left rather than the right, and pushing the text down? Or is it intentional?
Yeah, that's why. Same goes for all the redlinks. Updates don't usually cause things as weird as this to happen though...

(SQL query hidden)

I'm guessing it's the update, the same issue is happening on other templates and even those on the front page appear to have all been centred. Hopefully once the update is completed everything will fix itself. In the mean time, expect errors until the update is finished

Every time I edit a page on Bulbapedia, I keep getting this:

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

Your username or IP address has been blocked.

The block was made by Zhen Lin. The reason given is SoftLayer Technologies network.

I don't recall anyone blocking me today. The same went for the archives. Why would I get a message that I was blocked when I was not?

Last edited:

The block was made by Zhen Lin. The reason given is SoftLayer Technologies network.

I don't recall anyone blocking me today. The same went for the archives. Why would I get a message that I was blocked when I was not?
That's. . . not good. @Zhen Lin;

That's. . . not good. @Zhen Lin;

It's going on and off.

Back
Top Bottom